MM public opinion, Economic System Plan

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

MM public opinion, Economic System Plan

Postby harvest4god » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:37 pm

I am making this thread separate from Mysteryman’s original post about the public opinion as I feel that this proposal might turn into a troll fest and I am only giving my opinion about how I think Alteil should change it’s economic system.

I have long believed that FM should have a greater buying power in the game. However, I also feel that people that purchase gran should have a much bigger advantage to the free players. A free player should be able to obtain every card in the game, but only if they are willing to spend a vast amount of time and effort in doing so. Gran buyers should be able to obtain cards quickly and without effort as they are paying for it. Based on this, I have made the following plan of action for Alteil’s economics.

Have a FM converter in the game that converts 1 gran = 10 FM.
Since all players will receive all the starters at level 10, change the Starter lotto to 25 FM, as they have no recycle value this should be sufficient.
Change the recycle rates of all cards to FM equivalents. Example, 1*=50FM, 3*=300FM, 5*=3000FM.
Change the tutorial bonus for new players to FM. (3000FM)
Change starter achievement bonus that gives gran to FM (50FM)
Change Mirage Master Bonus to FM equivalents.
Remove weekly bonus for playing (10 gran +winsx2-losesx1) (Next suggestion will be reason for this)
Change reward for end of game to: Loss 10 FM, Win 20 FM, Draw 15 FM (Add clause of minimum of 5 turns for reward) This will promote players to play more to obtain cards, based on the current system it is more rewarding to play 1 game a week for players that lose a lot to get the weekly bonus and obtain more cards. This way, even if they are losing they are gaining FM to buy more cards making it possible to obtain more cards. Therefore, no need to have a weekly bonus to play as you get rewarded per game. The turn limit should reduce the amount of people trying to work the system to get more FM without really playing.
Change Lotto, Set Packs, Set Boxes, EX Lotto, Prebuilts, and Beginner’s Pack to FM equivalent.
Make Gold packs, Gold boxes, EX Packs, Hyper Lotto permanent but only for Current Gran value. (if they want to buy regular packs, they can convert to FM)
Change reward for using public battles to increased Treasure Battle Rate instead of extra EXP and FM.
Make Theater a buyable shop item (Gran only) that starts with 1 video slot, but able to buy additional slots. (This will make it a permanent addition)
Change the duration of potions from number of battles to time frame. I personally feel that 1 day potions that will last for 24 hours would be a good option, plus 7 day potions that would be slightly cheaper than buying 7 single day potions. (These would make them more desirable and since potions increase EXP, Treasure Battles, and FM it helps a player all around) This would help low spenders if they want to just buy a potion that will boost all their stats and they play hard to get their money’s worth.
Make Gran only avatar equipment that boost stats. (Increase FM rate, EXP Rate, Treasure Battle Rate, Lotto % increase, etc.) This would give a more RPG approach as your “equipment” helps you.

As shown above, this would be a major overhaul to the game, but would allow free players to obtain cards by playing more, which would improve the game in my opinion. This would also increase bonuses to paying players with massive boosts all around. Every MMO I have ever played usually has some type of system like this. Thank you for you time in reading this.
harvest4god

Re: MM public opinion, Economic System Plan

Postby GOSCAR » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm

+1 to the avatar idea! Would love to see something like that implemented. Also to the Partners.

As to converting everything to FM. Meh doesn't seem like a smart business plan.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby hexagram » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:56 am

+1

also make auction house so the seller chooses whether they accept gran or fm. Make it so that all players can sell but only gran can be used to buy (maybe 2stars) 3stars,4stars,5stars and ex cards.When people buy cards for gran or fm the seller gets the equivalent amount in fm.

Make 1 stars and possibly 2stars buyable for fm so all players can potentially get them.

Alternatively

make allow only gran to be used to buy stuff in auction house encouraging people to spend.

(also Possibly only able to buy if premium account valid or you have donated to atleil atleast once from a certain date.)

the gms do not need to implement our exact suggestions. Something similar would be great. It is just to put the ideas out there

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Romdeau » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:11 am

Honestly, I don't know what he was looking for. Public approval? He didn't give an opinion on that 10 page thread full of public opinion, even after weeks have passed.
Romdeau

Postby ZeroX1999 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:31 am

Romdeau wrote:Honestly, I don't know what he was looking for. Public approval? He didn't give an opinion on that 10 page thread full of public opinion, even after weeks have passed.

I honestly think this is a decent way for him to be more direct to the GMs. WIthin 10 pages most people just skim over the stuff and not really read it thoroughly. His OP is pretty good and makes sense for the most part. Nearly all MMOs use this system, and it seems to work with them. Why not for Alteil? Encouraging people to play is the key here. We still need that player base =(. I have fought the same people in the folrart area several times... yea.... all they run is this one deck all the time. I kind of want to see more people play and hopefully maybe the older players will come back -_-b
ZeroX1999

Postby Romdeau » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:29 am

I was talking about MysteryMan.
Romdeau

Postby idol » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:28 am

Romdeau wrote:I was talking about MysteryMan.

To be honest, I have never thought a guy on dev should be that close to customers,
because at certain points the devs might have to defend their profitability and do something customers really hate.
But that's also one thing that makes me stick to Alteil.

FM is a mess, yes.
A lot of F2p games have 2 separate currencies, true.
Paying customer have few purchase options with higher rate, why not.

3 questions,
1. What to do with current gran? Some might obtain it through recycling LVL ups, some might pay for them?
2. EX packs help many new players get competitive, there are quite a few top RP low/free spender that benefit from the sale.
Unless they keep updating prebuilts and faction packs (not the same from 2 yrs ago), the rate of low spender obtain new playable files is too low.
3. Remember that 1 free player who argues he is better because he doesn't have access to a lot of cards (Thats just BS btw)?
That theory is a F2P game nightmare, when its easy to tell who the riches are (Like avatars), u fury hate.
Again, those who think free player is better, get a life.

I still advocate to offer paying customer utilities as premium, like UD file editor, advanced file editor, more file space, and probably extra daily lotto
But replays should be available to everyone, cause it helps to know and learn the game.

If I miss something or don't make sense, please ignore me, as I just want to post something.
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Postby CainHyde » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:37 am

idol wrote:3. Remember that 1 free player who argues he is better because he doesn't have access to a lot of cards (Thats just BS btw)?
That theory is a F2P game nightmare, when its easy to tell who the riches are (Like avatars), u fury hate.
Again, those who think free player is better, get a life.

BS = Bu ll sh it?
Anyway, I think Free or paying is not really important.
Your Card collection is more important, since with more card you can create more/better deck.
If you are crazy lucky, you can somehow create a strong file even if you are cheapskate that never buy gran.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby idol » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:44 am

CainHyde wrote:BS = Bu ll sh it?
Anyway, I think Free or paying is not really important.
Your Card collection is more important, since with more card you can create more/better deck.
If you are crazy lucky, you can somehow create a strong file even if you are cheapskate that never buy gran.

Just to be safe I will simply reply "No pun intended"
A F2P game wont be fun without free/ low spenders, look at current Folrart.
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Postby harvest4god » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:13 pm

what is this, no posts for like 3 weeks, and then all at once lol. As for current gran. I feel it should be converted to FM for new system. Users will have advance notice to spend it ahead of time if they want.
harvest4god

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion