Broken Buncles

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Broken Buncles

Postby Ropey » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:13 am

I know the testers know the problem with these. So when will we see some action taken?

I can't think of another tribe that has so many skills. They are fast anyway, but even so you gave them a card that can slow the op down. I card revives them one takes away your def and others give them def while taking away attack! The general can hit for large hp units not even in range.

The counter to this is probably why we see so much big purple in the arena.

As I have said no one single card is to blame. So to balance this you are going to have to sort out quite a few of them.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Re: Broken Buncles

Postby Muklas » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:05 am

No one cares, mate, no one but you.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:20 am

Hm, but they would need to fix returns and other stuff too if they are going to nerf carbuncles. They aren't the top meta so if they get nerfed it would be fair for the superior meta to get nerfed to.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Anima13 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:06 am

maybe I am wrong, but I would say buncle was a very balanced tribe untill recently. They were very much a favoured UD deck because you could finish it pretty fast with it. THe power they have now if mainly due to the recent units they got.

Here is my personal version of buncle fix I could imagine (currently):

Obsidan: take away the 10 def (I explained it elsewhere why)

new Buncle ex: like I said elsewhere too its a bit falkow like. on the top of being a control-like support unit she is tanky too. I dont know of any refess unit that has such qualities while keeping tankiness: simply reduce the stats like the other buncle ex has: 40 hp, 0 def, 3agi. I would very much welcome any other change on that unit cause she does too much like prenerf emmana but I could also imagine too many ppl would be pissed off if she gets changed, she is from a recent ex pack after all . Thus I decided for the stat route.

Jade: Jade is a very good unit that is somewhat also needed. Yet he is first turn like a gowen unit, which enables refess players to play refess like lawtia or gowen. MY fix adress this by changing his auto making it field dependent.
Jade auto: [conditional use/DF0 + there are 2 or more friendly open or closed lvl3 buncles on the field] Do [damage: AT+15] to one random enemy unit.
2nd auto [conditional use/DF0 + there are less then 2 friendly open or closed lvl3 buncles on the field] gain + 10 def

discuss :D
Anima13

Postby GOSCAR » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:48 am

Don't touch obsidian.

Amethyst Eater problem is her action. It full heals, attacks and pinpoints. It's a stronger prenerf Vorsot action, It should cot 1 sp.

Jade can essentially double attack with your first auto. I think Jade should be completely rework to be more like a Refess unit.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby hexagram » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:37 pm

why always nerf refuss

buncles is strong but if you nerf them why not nerf under really good cards like ex mermaid

I agree
Amethyst Eater is probably too strong( make pinpoint random?)

also jade is really strong (consider removing -10 atk trait?)

both these have so many skills autos,action, auto

However the stats need to show it is too powerful or there has to be a genarl consensus of good players. Very few actually use and comment on forums

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Anima13 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:16 pm

GOSCAR wrote:Don't touch obsidian.

I would like to touch him cause he does too many things. yes he is 1 sp lost once killed (= like a spell on the field) but he has a strong open, despite the 1 sp loss that close is super and he just tanks too well in many situations especialy for a lvl1. that feels a bit much for a lvl1

GOSCAR wrote:Amethyst Eater problem is her action. It full heals, attacks and pinpoints. It's a stronger prenerf Vorsot action, It should cot 1 sp.

My personal issue with this unit are the falkow elements in her design: pinpoint and agi control. IT wouldn't be an issue if buncles were a falkow like tribe with its typical weaknesses, but buncle is anything but falkow like. I mean if you would add these to shrine knight, I would say ok they go for speed and try to hit first like a wk, but these units are bit tanky for that.

GOSCAR wrote:Jade can essentially double attack with your first auto. I think Jade should be completely rework to be more like a Refess unit.

I know its a bit powercreep, probably I overdid it. I tried to made it field dependent. I think its absolutly ok for refess to get fast damage dealers aslong they are field dependent. This absolutly follows the refess theme, and refess should be rewarded for building up a field. The same reason why I don't find refess bringer op anymore after I got used to the emerge of mid refess. Note also the disharmony with Ruby eater.
Anima13

Postby CainHyde » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Anima13 wrote:Obsidan: take away the 10 def (I explained it elsewhere why)
No objection.
Obsidian tankiness with General Ruby buff is so ridiculous, considering it's Lv 1 card.

new Buncle ex: like I said elsewhere too its a bit falkow like. on the top of being a control-like support unit she is tanky too. I dont know of any refess unit that has such qualities while keeping tankiness: simply reduce the stats like the other buncle ex has: 40 hp, 0 def, 3agi. I would very much welcome any other change on that unit cause she does too much like prenerf emmana but I could also imagine too many ppl would be pissed off if she gets changed, she is from a recent ex pack after all . Thus I decided for the stat route.
I agree that Violet need some adjustment.
I personally prefer rework on her action, especially if she still have that Emana-like start.
But I guess stats change is sorta fine too, since Angry Mob are always scary.

Jade: Jade is a very good unit that is somewhat also needed. Yet he is first turn like a gowen unit, which enables refess players to play refess like lawtia or gowen. MY fix adress this by changing his auto making it field dependent.
Jade auto: [conditional use/DF0 + there are 2 or more friendly open or closed lvl3 buncles on the field] Do [damage: AT+15] to one random enemy unit.
2nd auto [conditional use/DF0 + there are less then 2 friendly open or closed lvl3 buncles on the field] gain + 10 def

Too Gowen like.
He need some nerf, maybe decrease the AGI or ATK.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Muklas » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:55 pm

ITT: let's complain about something because we don't have anything else to talk about.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:35 pm

Nerf on carbuncles also means a nerf on a deck with a reasonable price.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion