Broken Buncles

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Broken Buncles

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:16 pm

WhiteDragon2 wrote:but para please stop the hating on returns in every thread you post, it's getting annoying.

Oh come on. You've been around long enough to know that every single thread becomes a return whinefest sooner or later.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Malarious » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:40 pm

In regards to "return" and all those crazy types of grims.

So why can't we add a grim trait called "blitz" or "flash"? A card with flash always goes before grims that dont, you could then target cards like miracle fruit and such to be flash counters.
Malarious

Postby shadowsketch » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:48 pm

This is how I see Buncles as working:

Buncles set up a strong defensive line early on between an early lvl 3 buncle (usually Jade buncle), Amethyst Eater, and Ruby Eater. If the opponent's units have range 1, Amethyst and Ruby Eater forces him to play multiple units to take down the frontline since the eaters heal + boost DF. If the opponent drops a high def tank, drop an Amethyst Buncle. Once that gets comfortably setup, Buncles sets up ATK reduction with Diamond Carbuncle. Finally, drop Agate Carbuncle for more agi and damage.

Also remember that a large amount of carbuncle files run Chamail/2nd Shrine Knight in the 3rd and 4th SS, so that provides a field wipe to take advantage of your opponent's field. This SS combo takes advantage of rush files having to place additional units by taking them down as well as boosting the carbuncles. For the first SSs, some people will run SP gen, some people will run SP denial. SP denial buys buncles time to setup, but can be a problem if the opponent also runs SP denial. SP gen is the safer option, but doesn't slow the opponent down.

So that said, how do you beat it?

-Pinpoint the support units/Return their supports and kill their frontline.
-Field wipes (Burning Sun/Resource SS, Allind, Zu/Rutina/Overdose, etc.)
-Attacking their Chamail/2nd Shrine at an inopportune time for them (ie when their field is closed).
-Bigs in general (since Buncles generally don't run returns/assassin skills).

I do think Buncles are a bit OP though, but I see it more as a problem with individual units rather than the tribe itself. Right now their ability to shut down direct combat seems a bit high, so I'd like to see that reduced.
shadowsketch

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:55 am

i feel like someone has been stalking me.
chamail ss is just to take advantage of op obsidan. you don't need that much lp since obsidan does not cost lp so you can use a really aggro ss and can have less lp.
Icyman2

Postby hexagram » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:05 am

hold off the refuss nerf.

I Think all spheres need to be treated equaly all ready refuss set 11 got the majority of nerfs.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby hexagram » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:05 am

hold off the refuss nerf.

I Think all spheres need to be treated equaly all ready refuss set 11 got the majority of nerfs.

If you nerf carbs especially the ex you should nerf other ex like ex mermaid which is as good if not better.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Ropey » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Not seen Buncles in a while. So did nurf happen? Also why do players dump files after a nurf? This has happen so many times and with skill they can still be very playable.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Romdeau » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Yes my nerf conspiracy came into effect....

I mean what buncle nerf?
Romdeau

Postby AquasFire3 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:14 pm

I dont really think buncles are op because take out one of their support units you will have very hard time recovering. espically if the a unit is taken out early.
Amethyst eater might need a nerf. i never used amethyst eater so don't really have an opinion on her but from seeing her used i would say she is border line op so i would have no problem with her getting nerfed.
AquasFire3

Postby Ethikx » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:44 pm

Having all the free start/auto/action/close skills to give atk/def/agi/hp and reduce enemy atk/def/agi isn't so bad...
Other tribes and units just need to see some loving, say make Lavende's atk+10 lv+1 skill free.

LV 1 with 20 hp and 20df that heals/revives when killed is a bit much.

You can remove the buncle support, but unless you have cem removal you might have a bulerigid to worry about.

Counterbuff: Change Judies auto to 'fully heal target lv4 or higher, do damage [target's maxhp] to target enemy column.
For the Judester.
Peace.
Ethikx

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion