The Worst Card in the Game

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: The Worst Card in the Game

Postby InfamousMitsuhide » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:14 am

is this it?
InfamousMitsuhide

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:21 am

Icyman2

Postby InfamousMitsuhide » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:12 am

Oyhoyhoooiiiii

Icy, you hilarious fairy you...
InfamousMitsuhide

Postby Callonia » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:54 am

Oh wait, I also vote for orthos the refess doggie.
Callonia

Postby idol » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:58 am

Aren't the both card Ex dancing Mac... and Orthos good for batora?
Speaking of such, Where is Batora and pack 3
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Postby Anima13 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:10 am

Before I start to create my own list or discuss how I do not agree with some of the cards here I rather start a discussion about the question itself:
how do I define worst card? What can be the criteria? What can I expect from a card?

Unit vs soul
Can I accept that a card feels absolutely useless unit wise but is not a bad card because its soul is ridiculously good? (think of gafc, bulgerid) Should soul and unit quality of a card be really merged in this judgment?

Simple vs complex
How should I compare strait forward solutions to complicated exotic tricky cards requiring additional field/buffing whatever? (eg how can I compare Francis with assasin team?) Is a card bad just because its conditions are difficult to realize? Some things are standalone, other are field oriented or require additional manipulation. Something which has in consequence that balance discussions are ideally not made on a level of a card but that’s for another thread.

Card usage and the lack of support
A large portion of cards are underused because
a, of collection reasons (don’t have the card, don’t have cards supporting this cards or its gameplay)
b,of requirement of development
c, lack of devoted experimenting people, who would try to find the ideal condition of the card.

Some tribes are simply not finished or need a new card or simply new ideasfrom player side rather than a buff of old ones. Can I say this or that card is bad when they could be good if they get this or that scenario, or a release of another card that supports/complement that card? Have you thought the same way about cards like mage pixy at set 5 or dub set 2 when they were released as you do today? Did they have the same strength without the other cards of their tribe, as they have today? )

Relative vs absolute
Should I just simply compare the cards absolute or should I bring in some relative aspects?
Is it fair to complain about a high rarity card but ignore a low rarity?

Taking the relative route I could take a look on different aspects:

rarity
Where should I place EX cards in priority? (I myself would put it between 4* and 3*) Can I expect that just because they are higher rarity, they should be much better than other cards (“legalized imbalance”)? Well at least I could expect that they are not crap..

sp efficiency
There are many cards which are absolutely sp inefficient/have sp inefficient skills (with sometimes good and sometimes crappy effects). I could criticize many cards with this argument but I think this do not really hold well as different spheres and playstyles have access to create different sp environments.
Judging things from sp perspective is admitted, slightly selfish, falkow centered. Yet it’s an important aspect.
(example: I could say ppl look on Elena or crusher. These units are totally sp inefficient in terms of survival. And the same moment I could say: look they probably need a field and buffing to work decent just like a falkow/refess unit)

Turn efficiency
Basically one could go through all the basic resources. I picked this because chaos absorption gives a wonderful example for this. Is turn to dust now bad?
And so on..

I am curious of your opinion. How would you decide in these cases? How do you procede to select the worst card in game?
Anima13

Postby NitroDino » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:45 am

I usually categorize cards into 3 groups:
- playable cards that are worth using (example Return, Bringer, Hell Smoke, Guardian)
- playable cards not worth using (example Eagle Soldier, Tree Giant, Skeleton Master, Ridrea)
- unplayable cards (this category is the worst card category)

Cards that fit into the unplayable cards are usually cards that one field either hurt you, require to much resources to be used or have fail designed skills.

Here are some that come to my mind:

Kraken - don't say now use Miracle Fruit
Gospel - a 4 SP all engage skill on a lvl 5?
EX Gospel - a lvl2 that is an anti EM unit, and engages for 1 SP at agi 2, with 1 less stat point than normal lvl2?
Flight Master / Fomuna - an unit that moves units randomly?
EX: Dance Macabre / Lelein - a hard counter for lvl 1 units, do we really need such a card
Mage Knight Officer / Torife - seriously triggering the close skill of friendly unit at agi 2 is OP, so she needs to have 11 stat points where Toromea can have stat points of a lvl 4,5
NitroDino

Postby gadu » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:14 am

While I think that a unit without a skill is like a unit without a soul, Volcano Giant at least has Giant Crab stats, so he's not that bad.

Sortie is pretty bad, but not bad enough.

Ibert got several mentions, but he can't be hit by attack so that means you don't even have to use Ex Mermaid on him. :roll:

Gospel, I think she is a good contender for worst card.

Romdeau wrote:Wat. When did I ever tell you that raise shield is gonna be buffed?

Romdeau wrote:Gadu,

Sorry about secretly nerfing Lost One. To make up for it, we'll have a worst card contest and I'll buff the worst card in the next errata.

P.S. I love you Gadu. :oops:

Rom, how can you forget something like that, especially the last part? :D
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Romdeau » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:54 am

For shame, I have disgraced myself.
Romdeau

Postby Aoi » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:38 pm

https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/card ... hp?id=1652
Didn't see this one posted yet, she might not qualify for worst due to her soul being good, but lets look at her.

She needs to be on a field that is out numbered to do anything, she can return her own allies, the auto costs 1 sp and it lowers grim count 3. Which means every time that thing activates she loses 15 in dmg output and lowers fellow grimcount allies dmg output as well.

So in terms of a unit she sucks, for her rarity she sucks, her conditionals make her complex in actually using, she is resource inefficient with her 1 sp auto, that can backfire and reduces grimcount, the very file resource that the type of file she should be in is based around.
ImageImage
Aoi

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion