Let's talk re-launch with Logress

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Let's talk re-launch with Logress

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:27 am

write a win condition guide
i'll start you off with some ideas:

Rush Strategies

Combo Units
I don't know wtf I'm doing

War of Attrition
I'm going to wipe you every turn if my units survive
HKL

Cheap Damage
I'm going to do unavoidable damage to your units
Gowen rush

Access Denial
I'm going to drain all your resources to gain tactical advantage
Lawtia rush

LP Rush
I'm going to make you bury your units early to force lp pressure
WK

Field Lockdown I
I'm going to make all your units useless so I can take my time building my units
TGC

Field Lockdown II
I'm going to return all your units so I can take my time building sp for quick iczering
Diondora

Agi Rush Beatdown
I'm going to kill your units before they can act
Shrine knights
Icyman2

Postby kudaotai » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:14 am

Logress wrote:Also... the rename option for premium is a pretty interesting idea. I like it with the one-time limit, since you don't want someone using it constantly so they can cause rage and then disappear over and over.

I beg to differ Logress, as I think there's no reason for people to rage just because people can change their name, and what would be the reason for people not wanting other player to change their name? because they want to camp the person? or they want to copy other's deck? please enlighten me.

They can think that they're fighting new people and I don't see any problem with that. You might think that it should be a one time thing because people might exploit it such as being insulting in chat then bammm change name... I believe to report such thing you only need battle ID, which will track the abuser NUMBER ID. So all the names that 1 person use should be tagged to as single NUMBER ID only, that is how I believe a good database works like.

kudaotai wrote:
angelspawns wrote:- Rename option. (only works one time, after that you're stuck with it)

You sir made my day. I had tough time thinking of solution to not be camped by same people, well people knows that I played UD only in my kudaotai acc, bcoz of my cursed sig and I dont plan to change that because of my ego 8-) . I prefer it not to be a 1 time thing, I prefer it to be a purchasable by cash/gran and my ideal version of this is PURCHASABLE NAME SLOT. I would like to be able to change names depends on mood swing :mrgreen: . Now this has an extreme premium feel to it.

This is why I primarily suggest it to be a PURCHASABLE thing, not through FM of course, through gran that is obtainable by cash only. If people decided to abuse their own money to do such a futile thing and get banned anyway, it is Ceiphied level of hilariousness and YOU MAKE MONEYHHH. I foresee this as a good option for somebody that really needs it or somebody who loves to be a ninja or somebody who dont want to be camped or somebody who dont want to be camped by insular people.
UnderDog Battle
Hard Game

FOR REAL MEN
Kids Stay Away
kudaotai

Postby kudaotai » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:17 am

Icyman2 wrote:write a win condition guide

Icyman2, I'm sure a bit more elaboration can help people understand. ;)
UnderDog Battle
Hard Game

FOR REAL MEN
Kids Stay Away
kudaotai

Postby Icyglare » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:03 pm

kudaotai wrote:I beg to differ Logress, as I think there's no reason for people to rage just because people can change their name, and what would be the reason for people not wanting other player to change their name? because they want to camp the person? or they want to copy other's deck? please enlighten me.

They can think that they're fighting new people and I don't see any problem with that. You might think that it should be a one time thing because people might exploit it such as being insulting in chat then bammm change name... I believe to report such thing you only need battle ID, which will track the abuser NUMBER ID. So all the names that 1 person use should be tagged to as single NUMBER ID only, that is how I believe a good database works like.

If you want to get rid of a camping problem then the option should be [private games doesn't display names], not unlimited name changes because even when the name and avatar is hidden, we can pretty much tell who it is by their level and rp in replays. We want the ability to name change because someone of us regret having the same name they chose years ago but they are stuck with it.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby kudaotai » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:30 pm

Icyglare wrote:If you want to get rid of a camping problem then the option should be [private games doesn't display names], not unlimited name changes because even when the name and avatar is hidden, we can pretty much tell who it is by their level and rp in replays.

Oh yeah you're right... haven't play for so long that I forgot there's a private button (never used that before because it is useless), maybe I need a lv.1 reset afterall and relearn the curve again :| . I hope the playerbase got big enough to naturally beat the problem at hand.

Well 23rd is coming... what's gonna happen Logress? Gamble it all? or keep calm and wait?
What ever happen, I wish AH will prosper and beat all odds, despite unfavorable crowd movement and bad-timed competition. ;th2
UnderDog Battle
Hard Game

FOR REAL MEN
Kids Stay Away
kudaotai

Postby Icyglare » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:12 pm

kudaotai wrote:Oh yeah you're right... haven't play for so long that I forgot there's a private button (never used that before because it is useless), maybe I need a lv.1 reset afterall and relearn the curve again :| . I hope the playerbase got big enough to naturally beat the problem at hand.

Well, it still allows a bit of camping:camping someone without knowing what they are playing.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Callonia » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:23 pm

So u get chance to check out valkyrie crusade logress?
Callonia

Postby kudaotai » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:02 am

Icyglare wrote:Well, it still allows a bit of camping:camping someone without knowing what they are playing.

Yeah agree, for example: camp kudaotai at all cost because he gonna play weak UD file anyway even tho he rotate his file set. Thats no fun :cry:

I really wish to see a goal to sought out, for fun-file or UD player, just to feel emotionally rewarded. Current RP system only catered for metaplayers.... maybe an "honor" system which work just like RP but gives point to UD cards for example;
use UD card which sit in the bottom 15% and win get+3 honor points. If lose -0 honor point.
Use UD card which sit in bottom 35%-15% and win get +2 honor points. If lose -1 honor point.
Use meta cards which sit in top 15% and win get -1 honor point. If losr -4 honor points.

Just a random thought but I think this will at least appealing for player with pauper deck. After they get complete meta deck, then they can start aiming for RP race.
UnderDog Battle
Hard Game

FOR REAL MEN
Kids Stay Away
kudaotai

Postby Callonia » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:12 pm

kudaotai wrote:
Icyglare wrote:Well, it still allows a bit of camping:camping someone without knowing what they are playing.

Yeah agree, for example: camp kudaotai at all cost because he gonna play weak UD file anyway even tho he rotate his file set. Thats no fun :cry:

I really wish to see a goal to sought out, for fun-file or UD player, just to feel emotionally rewarded. Current RP system only catered for metaplayers.... maybe an "honor" system which work just like RP but gives point to UD cards for example;
use UD card which sit in the bottom 15% and win get+3 honor points. If lose -0 honor point.
Use UD card which sit in bottom 35%-15% and win get +2 honor points. If lose -1 honor point.
Use meta cards which sit in top 15% and win get -1 honor point. If losr -4 honor points.

Just a random thought but I think this will at least appealing for player with pauper deck. After they get complete meta deck, then they can start aiming for RP race.

Or make a gmb file and laugh at campers who tried to nail ur lvl 3 solar kingdom rush. Before Gangadore got brutally murdered, I punished few campers who tried to get me and my solar kingdom rush cuz I didn't run with it again and instead switched to one of my three gmb files I had.

I still think the murder of Gangadore is unjust just because its fun to squash WK campers with gmb. <.<
Callonia

Postby Logress » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:18 pm

Yeah, VC uses a prefabricaded code base -- I actually have access to it because Coreedge has a license. You load it with art and music and sound effects, tweak the base numbers and everything else is a quick custom script. VC seems to have more custom layers than a lot of the others. Could probably make a whole game by myself with like two part time-programers. The structure is based around a commodity collection structure more like FM or Gran and progression, disguised as card collecting, translates into a an endless growing curve that doens't quite match the TCG/tactics game model, where building a single solid deck and then modifying it as the meta evolves can let you climb latter on its own.

Since we're talking about the relaunch, we're looking to put together a new presslist. Anyone who can throw a list of sites that we should take a crack at will be much appreciated.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion