One More.

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: One More.

Postby Callonia » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:05 am

Ropey wrote:I would gladly make you a hat of any sort, but first I will make you a paper boat. 8-)

That would be helpful because I realized that I forgot how to make paper boats.. used to make them all the time when I was a kid. And watch them sink in water.
Callonia

Postby Ropey » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:38 am

Callonia wrote:
Ropey wrote:I would gladly make you a hat of any sort, but first I will make you a paper boat. 8-)

That would be helpful because I realized that I forgot how to make paper boats.. used to make them all the time when I was a kid. And watch them sink in water.

How sweet ;)
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Muklas » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:46 am

Icyglare wrote:Whenever I see Callona make files, he's not trying to use the 9 cards that EVERYONE uses which is Verlaat/Miff/Judie.

If it works why change it? And no, boredom isn't a good argument.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby rsvlito » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:37 pm

Because its not just about winning.
I shouldn't have bit my fingernails, now it hurts to pick my nose :(

"Less QQ more pewpew"
"They See Me Rollin They Hatin"
"Haters Gonna Hate!"

Gowen = Fire
Fire = Intensity
Intensity = Power
Power = Win
rsvlito

Postby Muklas » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:23 pm

When you get next to nothing for not winning, then yeah it is.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby angelspawns » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:38 pm

It's about the journey, it's about the fight. Fun doesn't come from winning; it's how you earn that win. How thrilling and stimulating it is to accomplish your victory.
Otherwise you might aswell play rock-paper-sissors. (you can earn alot of wins quickly!) Which at this point I'd recommend to some people around here...

Some of you would grind a grimoire openskill "You win the game" all day long, and feel good about it every time. But not Callonia, not Kitsune, and me neither. Winning feels far less rewarding for some if it turns into repetitively playing the same old 'you win' files and cards. (Catira, Dilate, ZujaOverdose, tidals and returns... you know them)
We rather use the units that have fun potential. Combo's with great effects and files that feel like our own. And smart play with enough viable counters around should earn wins aswell. And when this game lacks in counters to the same shtty stuff every1 splashes, we will ask for it. Because there needs to be balance and validity in using more cards then only the absolute top.
angelspawns

Postby Ropey » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:52 am

angelspawns wrote:It's about the journey, it's about the fight. Fun doesn't come from winning; it's how you earn that win. How thrilling and stimulating it is to accomplish your victory.
Otherwise you might aswell play rock-paper-sissors. (you can earn alot of wins quickly!) Which at this point I'd recommend to some people around here...

Some of you would grind a grimoire openskill "You win the game" all day long, and feel good about it every time. But not Callonia, not Kitsune, and me neither. Winning feels far less rewarding for some if it turns into repetitively playing the same old 'you win' files and cards. (Catira, Dilate, ZujaOverdose, tidals and returns... you know them)
We rather use the units that have fun potential. Combo's with great effects and files that feel like our own. And smart play with enough viable counters around should earn wins aswell. And when this game lacks in counters to the same shtty stuff every1 splashes, we will ask for it. Because there needs to be balance and validity in using more cards then only the absolute top.

I very much agree, but stubbornly playing poor files you know just are not going to win then whinging about it constantly everywhere you can? Just quit already!
Then the gaming experience will be better for all, and we will not miss you!
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby gabotheplaya » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:22 am

> +1 got me to reply

rsvlito wrote:Because its not just about winning.

Yes it is what its about, but winning is not experienced the same for everyone. You know hard mode? you know challenge mode? You know Horizons core which limits the card you can use which will likely cut out the OP fat? Same thing.

The goal is to win. You can make it your life's goal to get a file with literally 25 event cards to get a win streak (which iirc i've seen done before) and that's your "winning".

Ropey wrote:stubbornly playing poor files you know just are not going to win then whinging about it constantly everywhere you can?

There are almost always better ways to do something... heck, a god-mode file could lose to a gimmick file easy if it doesn't have enough counter tech...

FU 70 def guardian! just FU! so now i pack dispel.

it helps make my file work. would it be better if i brought a 2nd return? probably. would a mermaid transformation give me a big edge? possible. But what does my file lack? what do i need to make it work better? that's what you should be considering.

Cal, look at my sig. you think i made that thing happen every match with my underdog file? ofcourse i didn't. That happened around my 15th game against a lowbie who used his HoG too early. i tried all i could to make it work, and i MADE IT WORK.

Hard mode accomplished. i win.
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Well gabot, I've had my sergis get in a staredown contest against a death dragon and star dragon on enemy field and win. Opponent ragequit after Sergis's blades of the holy realm oneshot the death dragon, he had like 30+ floating sp but it didn't do him any good. Didn't pack merciless or deathmaker of I win. If I remember right, my sergis had like probably 500 or 700 hp and 100+ atk, 5 agi.

I still regret not taking screenshots. Was back int he day I was still a newb and didn't think I would actually play alteil that long.

And I actually forgot that my Mid lawtia file even in against one of GMB players. :P Yeah, the file with assassin team in it.

I still don't get why gmb had to be killed like it and made falkow exclusive. I've been killing them for ages now according to this replay. I don't thinK I will ever understand. All gmb does is punish the guys who can't fathom anyone else not playing top meta all the time by not packing right counter because it will mean they can't cram in 3 allinds but 2. https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/audi ... b2cdb42a22
Callonia

Postby Khiruki » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:18 pm

GMB is currently about as Falkow exclusive as Faeries are Refess exclusive.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion