New NPC battle

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

New NPC battle

Postby Ropey » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:55 pm

This is the first time I have used the new engine as I still can't log into Horizons even if I do use incognito mode.

I like the style of the new interface it suits the nature of the game well. and the way it buffs cards is quicker.

Sorry, that is about all I liked. I thought the dragging of cards slows things down too much. As did confirming everything from action skills to the choice whether too resurrect a card or not. An option too not display the confirmation notification would be better. I can't seem to escape the card selection screen. I was going to check the field before I made a final choice. The Soul skills are the wrong way round. I got two flashing eyes going off on two of the opponents cards when Safira had a go?
There is no quit button. The turn notifications are a bit bland. I also found the the whole thing too slow. Maybe there will be an option too lower the graphics and speed up game?

Things you know. Options button and timer not working.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Re: New NPC battle

Postby Khiruki » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:02 pm

Personally, I don't like the drag and drop for placing cards, especially since there's no confirmation. My mouse has this thing where sometimes it just releases the mouse button randomly when I'm trying to hold it down, so...

Also, the flashing eye symbol signifies the 'Focus' status. It's kinda buggy though. It shows up, but it does that weird animation where it clones itself then collates again repeatedly.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Ropey » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:13 pm

But that's your mouse not the game? Get a new mouse.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby reported » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:46 pm

Drag & Drop is noticeably more f up in Nightly, Chrome is where it's all been tested so far and in Nightly there is way too many problems right now.

Might as well put a warning before anyone else tries to play like I did.
reported

Postby gabotheplaya » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:32 pm

Khiruki wrote:Personally, I don't like the drag and drop for placing cards, especially since there's no confirmation. My mouse has this thing where sometimes it just releases the mouse button randomly when I'm trying to hold it down, so...

I'd also like a confirm button (maybe optional in settings?) for placement of cards.

Overall, i like it it just seems a bit slow considering the graphic animations. i know the difference of the circle thing and the list thing we have now "might" actually be the same speed, but with so much going on on the screen... my "veteran's eyes" that has adjusted well to the old system is just irking me. might just be me though and it might even just pass once i get used to the new.

something for consideration...

ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Sachiel » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:42 am

Ropey wrote:I can't seem to escape the card selection screen.

This is the thing that annoys me more, as it effects the taking of decisions. I already reported it as a bug at the first stages of the alpha, but it has not been addressed yet.

For clarification, with "card selection screen" Ropey means the Set phase.
Sachiel

Postby Anima13 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:19 am

Ropey wrote:But that's your mouse not the game? Get a new mouse.

note this may be way more relevant as we plan to go on phones and they are not exactly known for having a "good mouse".
guess there should be an option for selecting some of these usage things as they can individually affect the experience on different devices.
Anima13

Postby Ropey » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:34 pm

Below is another quote from the Horizon's comment boards.

Random question but would it be possible to sort of speed up the game or to have an option to turn off all the extra "unnecessary animations"? (like the way the game shows what cards are played each turn). After playing the pve the game feels sluggish compared to altiel 1.

Good suggestion. That is entirely possible.

Also, alteil horizons is not optimized by any means right now. That's something we'll be working on this week, as well as hardening against hardware issues (redundancy, automatic failover, etc).

Remember you must be a backer to have a voice. If you did not back then I am willing to speak on your behalf, but only if I feel your point is valid.

This forum is a no-mans land. :lol:

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Ropey » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:55 pm

" If anyone hasn't checked out single player, we've made some changes. I'd love some comments on our new system for pointing out the skills used (Alteil 1 would just pop up the entire skill text for about a quarter second) "

More from kickstarter comments this is what I put>

Ignoring the fact that it is still painfully slow in places. The time given to skill text is about right, although after a while a player will want to speed things up, or even disable notifications.The way it animates poisoned units is pleasing and something the old game needed as I often forgot what was infected.

I have not checked the tutorial. Wonder if Cal is still trapped under that rock?

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Return to Alteil General Discussion