Witty banter?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: character talks

Postby Sarkath » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:35 pm

It keeps up the manga spirit of it. I like these talks, adds to the atmosphere, really.
Sarkath out. :ugeek:
Sarkath

Postby Moratorius » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:45 pm

Sarkath wrote:It keeps up the manga spirit of it. I like these talks, adds to the atmosphere, really.

... except when they happen every turn, every game, and the dialogue begins to imprint itself into your eyes.
Moratorius

Postby Sarkath » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:52 pm

... except when they happen every turn, every game, and the dialogue begins to imprint itself into your eyes.

Yeah, I had that in the back of my mind as well. I'd be happy if they put it randomized. Sometimes they talk, sometimes not. Dialogue changes, and so on.
Sure it stocks up with a lot of dialogues and might not be worth the time.

I don't encounter these speeches a lot though, but that depends on the players... Like if they use Le Bleau and Bellydancer in every match. Hehe.
Sarkath out. :ugeek:
Sarkath

Postby Moratorius » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:45 pm

Sarkath wrote:Like if they use Le Bleau and Bellydancer in every match. Hehe.

It happens quite often for me :cry:. But yes, there are a few dialogue strings for each interaction, though not enough to cycle unique ones for the number of times it occurs for me. Either an option to turn it off or randomizing the chance to appear would require less work than coming up with new dialogue for each character card (especially when there are so many more to come)...
Moratorius

Re: Witty banter?

Postby fluffydude90 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:07 am

I always get kind of happy when my Azure Dragon East starts talking to other characters. I dunno, I think it's a really neat addition to the game.
fluffydude90

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion