level proving hinderence

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

level proving hinderence

Postby DanTheTimid » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:30 pm

So right now there's over 50 people in the level 1-9 room... and 2 people in the non level limited room. It seems like having kept my level from closed beta has actually hurt me rather then helped me. I not only lost out on the 15 or so treasure battles and one GM battle reward I had won en-route to getting a decent level during closed beta and thus basically just have a starter while all the new people reaching my level since open beta started are getting to keep their stuff won off low level easier opponents, but now I can't even get into battles to play at all since 'only a small handful of people over level 9. Is there any way I can give up my levels and start from level 1 again beyond just creating a new account and forfeiting my beta and alpha rewards? Right now I'm really regretting participating in the closed beta :(
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: level proving hinderence

Postby Moozze » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:33 pm

It's a matter of time, I know this sucks but the game, and the comunity still have to 'start up'. It's one of the downsides of a new released game.
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby Skyress » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:21 am

yes that must suck but u might as well try getting in a duel and , if i recall correctly, if u r really desperate for resetting ur account, lupos said something about he might reset accounts if the user wanted to try out different starter decks so if ur leveling problem is really frustrating u then email lupos and he might be able to do something about it. btw i have a question for u.. wats ur win streak now???? :D last time i saw u, ur record was like 18 wins :shock:
Skyress

Postby DanTheTimid » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:41 am

I've pretty much given up on this game at this point, every time I've been on 0-2 people have been in the non 1-9 room : - / The few people I have ran into seem to have either played up from a low level since the sever wipe and thus still have all the treasure cards that I had won but taken away, or have spent lots of money to get the good cards, either way I'm pretty much horribly handicapped as punishment for participating and doing well in the closed beta. Waiting an hour to play the same couple people is also proving pretty boring.

For the record Skyress I finished the closed beta 30-0, however once the server was wiped it didn't carry over my win streak. During the short open beta I managed to stretch out my record (though I had to start my streak all over) and got it a little higher but didn't get to play much, finished like 36-0 or something, since the game has launched and I've been forced to play with only a starter (didn't get a single useful card in my level up cards unlike last time) against people with access to far more cards I've started suffering losses, when I was at 50-2 I still felt pretty good as the 2 losses were to people who either out played me or were my equal and luck just favored them, but since I've been stuck playing the same people with fixed up decks repeatedly and I've actually lost 4 of the last 5 and fallen to 54-6.

Its nice to know I could succeed on an even playing field (though to be fair toward the end of closed beta I had an unfair advantage of having won 2 dragon riders for my refess deck from a GM battle and treasure battle) but now that I'm handicapped with a starter against fully tweaked decks in a battle of equal skill I'm always going to come out the loser which is pretty disheartening. I may play again when more people have reached level 10+ so I don't have to spend all day waiting for a match but my initial passion for the game is definitely squashed and I don't really see a strong reason to continue playing right now.

For the record, how do the GMs feel about account sale? Would it be allowed for me to sell my account and then maybe just start a brand new account? I'd rather be able to actually get into matches and maybe win some useful cards again like I had in the closed beta then have FM and beta/alpha avtars but nothing more then a starter deck that can only be used against a handful of people who seem rarely on and own the cards to improve their decks in ways I once did but now only wish I could. Still if I'm going to abandon this account it'd be nice to get something for the work I put into it and I've been told to some people a high level account with a 54-6 record and all the beta/alpha perks would be attractive.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby ammms » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:15 am

I think you should try to get more gran before playing again. The game system reward players with better cards, I can stand that. Otherwise, no one will be willing to pay for the game. If you want to keep your winning % up and rising, you should invest.

I notice that you have problem paying through VISA, then my second suggestion is to stop playing Alteil for a while, but try to play Mirage every day. Once you have enough gran, go buy some cards in shop and hopefully, you will get more powerful cards to keep fighting. This is a trade off between time and money.

And if you just want to enjoy the fun of playing Alteil, you can always try the training room too. You don't have to worry about not being able to find any opponent, nor the drop of the winning records.
got light?
ammms

Postby Grain » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:12 am

Selling a high level account sounds like a slick way to get Gran for a second account. I doubt it would be allowed.

Amms, I think DanTheTimid is also complaining about the fact that there are few people of equal power for him to duel against.

Anyway, I'm sorry that this has happened DanTheTimid.
Grain

Postby DanTheTimid » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:20 am

Thanks for the advice Amms and the condolences Grain.

I don't really care about my record that much, I think some losses actually give a record more character, it shows you weren't just picking on weak people to earn a good record since no matter how good you are if your playing other strong opponents luck will eventually steal a win from you every now and again. To be honest I never expected to run my record up as good as I did and was actually purposely seeking out strong opponents for quite a while during closed beta (inviting people with good records into the other room which was empty guaranteeing we'd play) so I could play other people who had already won a decent number of new cards and already had a strong understanding of the rules. I've played card games long enough that I've lost my share of them, trust me its not the losses I care about.

I do care about being able to find a match and being able to compete on an even level though, neither of which are really occurring right now. I don't have the credit card necessary to buy cards and I don't have opponents I'm able to play against to try to get into more treasure battles, the latter of which can be attributed entirely to my level having carried over but the rest of my account being wiped. With high rarity rares being so ridiculously hard to get I was hoping to have a decent deck like last time and use real money to supplement that to get a few of the highest rarity cards. Now neither is true, nor seems capable of being true.

I'm not sure the account would even sell anyway but like I said, I just hate to abandon it after all the time I've invested in it which is why I even brought that up, looking for ways to make some use of this account.
DanTheTimid

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:38 am

You know I've been thinking about it and my biggest gripe really is that I can't get into battles right now because of how the rooms are set up, rather then reducing my level would it be possible to just alter the first 1-9 level room to say a 1-19... atleast until theres a great number of accounts over level 9 at which point you could switch it back? In the long run hopefully this won't be the issue it is right now, but for the moment finding a match is very daunting and playing the same people over and over gets a little boring too.
DanTheTimid

Postby Grain » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:42 am

DanTheTimid wrote:You know I've been thinking about it and my biggest gripe really is that I can't get into battles right now because of how the rooms are set up, rather then reducing my level would it be possible to just alter the first 1-9 level room to say a 1-19... atleast until theres a great number of accounts over level 9 at which point you could switch it back? In the long run hopefully this won't be the issue it is right now, but for the moment finding a match is very daunting and playing the same people over and over gets a little boring too.

So, you're okay with facing level 6's as long as you can play quickly?

In that case, why don't you just go to the training arena?

Currently, more than a couple people are at levels 5, 6 and 7.

I fought a level 8 once (yesterday).
Grain

Postby MeleeNewb » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:50 am

Grain wrote:
DanTheTimid wrote:You know I've been thinking about it and my biggest gripe really is that I can't get into battles right now because of how the rooms are set up, rather then reducing my level would it be possible to just alter the first 1-9 level room to say a 1-19... atleast until theres a great number of accounts over level 9 at which point you could switch it back? In the long run hopefully this won't be the issue it is right now, but for the moment finding a match is very daunting and playing the same people over and over gets a little boring too.

So, you're okay with facing level 6's as long as you can play quickly?

In that case, why don't you just go to the training arena?

Currently, more than a couple people are at levels 5, 6 and 7.

I fought a level 8 once (yesterday).

You don't gain anything from playing in the training arena. Of course just playing is fun, but it's nice to get something for your effort.
I used to wonder if I was crazy, but all that uncertainty drove me insane.
MeleeNewb

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion