Poor Sportsmanship

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Poor Sportsmanship

Postby MeleeNewb » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:16 pm

I hadn't run into the need for this until quite recently, but I was wondering if there was some way to ignore/mute or report users demonstrating unsportsmanlike conduct (rude text during the battle, gloating after winning/insulting after losing, etc).
I used to wonder if I was crazy, but all that uncertainty drove me insane.
MeleeNewb

Re: Poor Sportsmanship

Postby Naturalcauz » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:33 am

Yea this would be good to have. I know when i use to play this pool game called Carom. a lot of Brazilians would insult you and spam like crazy to throw you off your game. if your wondering how i now they were Brazilian because everyone next to their name automatically had the country flag next to it lol
Naturalcauz

Postby Kiyobi » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:49 pm

Well, you can easily ignore their chat by just clicking the "Console Mode" tab. It hides the chat.
Kiyobi

Postby Moozze » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:14 pm

Kiyobi wrote:Well, you can easily ignore their chat by just clicking the "Console Mode" tab. It hides the chat.

Yeah but a block function would prevent you from encountering the same annoying enemy again in a random battle.
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby Logress » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:58 pm

There is a Blacklist function in the Mail tab too... that might help.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Logress » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:17 pm

Oh, and please report users by private message or email to a GM, we don't want people to start posting Iczer names in the public forum cuz that'll start a Fire Tornado-like bug war, and I don't mean the pre-launch bugged healing one either.
Logress

Postby DWildstar » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:18 pm

Now that we have a general discussion forum I've moved this topic.
DWildstar

Postby DearestNight » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:54 am

It does truly amaze me how rude some people have become on this game, after such a short time passing. I've run into some egotistical comments that stunned me, as though their expertise in the game after beta is so engrained that they themselves are infallable. I am truly thankful that in exchange I have met some wonderful and kind people thus far. I suppose it just suprises me how absolutely necessary victory is, to some. I always try to be nice. I chat kindly, regardless of the personality of the challenger. Even when defeated by someone who's been rude, a flattering response on their game playing still often results in rudeness or silence. I guess you just can't let it get to you, really.

If victory is so important to some individuals, I'm becoming tempted to just hit give up when I see them. My win streak means precisely squat to me, I'd rather have fun. Yes, getting better is fun and fulfilling, but really....I got better by asking advice from those that whooped my @$$ up and down. lol. Even after buying cards, a lot to learn on how to use em. >_<

Seems like quitting those matches, really is all you can do, to return on topic. There is no way to avoid random matches and unfortunately, it's better that way. A system like that could be abused. Would be nice though. LOL.
Be a craftsman in speech that thou mayest be strong, for the strength of one is the tongue, and speech is mightier than all fighting. ~ Maxims of Ptahhotep, 3400 B.C.
DearestNight

Postby Logress » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:22 pm

Someone was fantastically rude to cssquared this weekend. I wonder if he'd change his tune if he knew cssquared works in the office across the hall from the GMs...
Logress

Postby Kyrie » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:16 pm

Logress wrote:Someone was fantastically rude to cssquared this weekend. I wonder if he'd change his tune if he knew cssquared works in the office across the hall from the GMs...

But CSquared is so nice! Why would someone be mean to him?

The only time I found anyone being rude to me, I did the same thing back to them. It doesn't solve anything, but it did make him shut up.
Kyrie

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion