Poor Sportsmanship

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Poor Sportsmanship

Postby Ekin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:31 pm

The best thing to do to shut these people up is to win.
Ekin

Postby Romdeau » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:10 pm

I've let it slide the past 10 or so times but really, I'm getting tired of a recurring trend I see. Everyone's willing to say "hey what's up" or "good luck" but at the end of the game when it's all said and done, I don't know how many times I've seen someone just give up and leave without saying a word. It's at least somewhat courteous to call it a good game and I know defeat is bitter, but I find it rude when some players just bail without saying a word. This includes our top ranked players.

However, this is something that applies to everyone and not just them. I know I've done it a couple times when I've been robbed of a victory because of a Lebau'd Zombie Lord or something my deck is unable to counter. I've been making a conscious effort to play it out to the end and at least call it a good game and maybe throw in a comment about the match or something.

Anyone else feel as frustrated?
Romdeau

Postby Candi » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:13 pm

Proxy wrote:Anyone else feel as frustrated?

I am sometimes as well - but there is little one can do about it. I say Good Game even it was a brutal decimation and I had my face ripped off by the other decks awesomeness and served to me on a silver platter with my cards shredded as confetti falling through the air around me. Still a good game :P

If someone doesn't chat, or say GG then that's their prerogative - I just make sure that I am not that guy. It's the best you can do.
Candi

Postby EvilGenius » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:18 pm

I think ya'll are overreacting a bit. It's just a game.
EvilGenius

Postby Romdeau » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:26 pm

Maybe, but I think it wouldn't hurt to promote a more friendly or at least respectful atmosphere. It's a somewhat intimate game due to its 1v1 nature, so I can't imagine this kind of thinking is uncalled for. Yeah it is a game, and that's as much value I'll place on it if the people playing it with me are unpleasant.
Romdeau

Postby EvilGenius » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:43 pm

How is saying nothing unpleasant? I'd rather someone not say anything than say "gg." That just irks me the most.
EvilGenius

Postby Candi » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:45 pm

EvilGenius wrote:How is saying nothing unpleasant? I'd rather someone not say anything than say "gg." That just irks me the most.

Why does it irk you when someone says good game?
Candi

Postby Romdeau » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:50 pm

I don't understand either, as it only bothers me when I know my opponent has been a wise guy and he decides to add the cherry on top after defeating me. That's the only time when saying "good game" annoys me.
Romdeau

Postby EvilGenius » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:54 pm

I'm fine with "good game," it's "gg."
EvilGenius

Postby gaogaigirl » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:16 pm

We try to keep tabs on rude people, but it's really hard.

It's a sad side effect of the internet: The socially inept/ rude/ obnoxious people of the world can sit behind their computers and make everyone life miserable with their rotten/ rude/ derogatory comments. As much as most of us just want to have fun and play, there are allot of others are just looking to fill the void in their sad, sorry lives and what better to make yourself feel better then crapping on someone who can't do anything to you.

Those of us who want to enjoy ourselves have to eat it sometimes. But as Logress said, tell us. We'll take care of them as best we can.

Gaogaigirl ;a41
gaogaigirl

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion