Poor Sportsmanship

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Poor Sportsmanship

Postby Candi » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:47 pm

Grain wrote:You feel that their politeness is patronization.

But, are they truly patronizing you, or, do you just feel inferior?

I know I always mean it politely, even when I have LP >= 4. Though because of this thread I always make a note of saying "Good Game" because I realize some people see "gg" as an insult/annoyance. :D
Candi

Postby Romdeau » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:48 pm

Well, I'm glad something good came out of this thread due to my level 4 necromancy performed on it.
Romdeau

Postby evaunit01 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:56 pm

obviously im feeling inferior lol

but you can't tell with text, so its best just not say it all if you really destroyed someone
evaunit01

Postby azarael » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:00 pm

I generally like to use smilies to convey some emotion during chat in the hope that the other person can get a better idea of what I'm saying.

Eva, there are people who would take it as sarcasm if you said 'Good game.' after a total victory, but there are also those who would take instantly leaving as contempt. It can go either way, but I don't believe that most us mind a farewell, as we generally don't win with spiteful intent.

-Azarael
azarael

Postby evaunit01 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:51 pm

its more of, saying good game, when you just destroyed someone is felt as mocking them...it wasent a good game for them to be so utterly defeated
evaunit01

Postby Candi » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:19 pm

evaunit01 wrote:its more of, saying good game, when you just destroyed someone is felt as mocking them...it wasent a good game for them to be so utterly defeated

No? Should it not be a solid learning experience? Maybe I'm just an optimist but every time I get totally wrecked I look back over the game and try and determine at which point I lost - and learn from my errors. SO for me, every game is a good game, unless it was Eskatia. o.o! :P
Candi

Postby Awod » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:43 pm

evaunit01 wrote:its more of, saying good game, when you just destroyed someone is felt as mocking them...it wasent a good game for them to be so utterly defeated

I can see where your coming from but still I think something should be said instead of just leaving the arena. Weather it's 'gg' or 'good game' it's not going to put a smile on their face if you crush them but it's probably better than just leaving. From years of gaming I do consider 'hey~' 'whats up' 'gg' a solid gaming etiquette. [naturally excluding the youtube link of an xbox live game..]

Being social helps try starting a conversation it can lead to good things. Sometimes you can laugh off the rough stuff "ouch!, don't do that again :P" talk about strategy, the turning point, even anime :D I know i've made a few friends in Alteil that way.
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby Justice » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:59 am

This thread has convinced me to continue being silent unless the other person speaks. Just like in real life....
Stay frosty and shoot for the moon!
Justice

Postby Romdeau » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:06 am

Justice wrote:This thread has convinced me to continue being silent unless the other person speaks. Just like in real life....

In what situations I wonder for when you refer to "real life"? As remaining silent at a competition for any CCG or TCG I believe would come off as stand offish.
Romdeau

Postby Porky » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:08 am

Most people don't talk, at all=/ After the initial greeting many people just play in silence even if I try to engage them in conversation=/
Does it distract people to chat and play?
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion