How is it possible?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

How is it possible?

Postby kilika829 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:04 am

To beat decks filled with 4-5x 5 star rares? Will they be as unattainable as they are now? I'm pretty much done with this game if so.
kilika829
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:24 am

Re: How is it possible?

Postby Grain » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:30 am

Develop strategies. It's just like watching Yu-Gi-Oh! :lol:

Also, I think you're playing in the wrong arena. You sound like you're fighting against leve 19's.

If you gain a few levels in the 1-9 arena, you should be able to get some level 3-4 cards yourself.
User avatar
Grain
 
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: How is it possible?

Postby ammms » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:20 am

kilika829 wrote:To beat decks filled with 4-5x 5 star rares? Will they be as unattainable as they are now? I'm pretty much done with this game if so.


Why not? Fill your file up with the equal amount of 4/5 star cards or more. Besides, have you ever seen any common decks winning MTG tournament?
got light?
User avatar
ammms
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:40 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Re: How is it possible?

Postby kilika829 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:38 am

ammms wrote:
kilika829 wrote:To beat decks filled with 4-5x 5 star rares? Will they be as unattainable as they are now? I'm pretty much done with this game if so.


Why not? Fill your file up with the equal amount of 4/5 star cards or more. Besides, have you ever seen any common decks winning MTG tournament?


As of now, there's no way to attain these unless you pay.

Mainstream card games such as MTG and YGO are popular to an extent that their cards actually have value. Alteil is relatively obscure at the moment, people will be hard pressed to spend real money into this game.
kilika829
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:24 am

Re: How is it possible?

Postby Naturalcauz » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:25 am

Well you can get the 4/5 star cards i think from leveling and treasure battle to but you have to be lucky i guess. You just have to buy boosters like everyone else. just like buying real cards from the store. store bought starter decks dont come with a lot of good cards so you have to make your deck better buy buying boosters with random cards.
Naturalcauz
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Re: How is it possible?

Postby Tenkai » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:42 am

And I think you get 4 star cards when you lvl up (someone got one at lvl15).
Tenkai
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:09 pm

Re: How is it possible?

Postby Moozze » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:15 pm

And don't forget to earn 10 gran a day with the memory game, this way you can buy 1 card every 3 days, you might get lucky.
Annoying.
User avatar
Moozze
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:58 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: How is it possible?

Postby Logress » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:57 pm

Rares are certainly nice, but they aren't everything. If you don't have the strategy to back it up, it's useless. As a GM, I decided to throw some fancy cards in to my File to show them off, but I didn't put together a good enough strategy to use them with the rest of my deck and I got pounded by a starter... Ugh...
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress
 
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 9:36 am

Re: How is it possible?

Postby kilika829 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:36 pm

Logress wrote:Rares are certainly nice, but they aren't everything. If you don't have the strategy to back it up, it's useless. As a GM, I decided to throw some fancy cards in to my File to show them off, but I didn't put together a good enough strategy to use them with the rest of my deck and I got pounded by a starter... Ugh...


There is no way that a starter Lawtia can beat a stacked Lawtia with 3 x Ruler and 3 x Zombie. It's literally impossible. Perma Night + Immortality is way too imbalanced.

I'm going to lay off this game a while until there is...

1)A way to obtain these cards without busting my wallet
2)more balancing is done

Until then...
kilika829
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:24 am

Re: How is it possible?

Postby reydien » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:15 am

kilika829 wrote:
Logress wrote:Rares are certainly nice, but they aren't everything. If you don't have the strategy to back it up, it's useless. As a GM, I decided to throw some fancy cards in to my File to show them off, but I didn't put together a good enough strategy to use them with the rest of my deck and I got pounded by a starter... Ugh...


There is no way that a starter Lawtia can beat a stacked Lawtia with 3 x Ruler and 3 x Zombie. It's literally impossible. Perma Night + Immortality is way too imbalanced.

I'm going to lay off this game a while until there is...

1)A way to obtain these cards without busting my wallet
2)more balancing is done

Until then...


I would think the starter Lawtia wouldn't mind at all if it's opponent is running 3x Ruler. Night-time for his units = Night-time for your units. as for "3 x Zombie," do you mean [card=29]Zugateroza[/card]? He seems powerful, but not terribly so; the Living Dead ability is a major drain on your opponent's SP. Based on your statement of "Immortality" though, it sounds like you're referring to [card=42]Skeleton Master[/card], which is a 1-star card, and I believe two copies come in the Lawtia starter.

As for your first requirement, if you're looking to get gran without spending money, be sure to get your daily game of Mirage Master in, that's a free 5-10 gran a day. It's not much, but it adds up, 10 gran a day is a little over 2 cards a week; if one of those cards is a 3-star or higher you don't want, it turns into 2 or more cards after being recycled.

Also, I'd recommend at least trying to get to level 10, if only for the chances at treasure battles and the 9 level-up cards. Most of the decks you'd be facing in the crest arena are essentially starter decks, possibly with some cards swapped around. If you can't seem to win, change things up, and pay attention to what doesn't work. The Lawtia starter deck is by no means weak, if you know how to play it.
"Select the pistol, and then, select your horse."
User avatar
reydien
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:42 am
Location: Norman, OK

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests