How is it possible?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: How is it possible?

Postby GunCastor » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:25 am

It's rare that you will ever run in to people with that many rare cards with combinations so powerful that you have no chance of winning. But rare cards are supposed to be powerful, why else would they people want them?
GunCastor

Postby Awod » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:33 am

kilika829 wrote:
Logress wrote:Rares are certainly nice, but they aren't everything. If you don't have the strategy to back it up, it's useless. As a GM, I decided to throw some fancy cards in to my File to show them off, but I didn't put together a good enough strategy to use them with the rest of my deck and I got pounded by a starter... Ugh...

There is no way that a starter Lawtia can beat a stacked Lawtia with 3 x Ruler and 3 x Zombie. It's literally impossible. Perma Night + Immortality is way too imbalanced.

I'm going to lay off this game a while until there is...

1)A way to obtain these cards without busting my wallet
2)more balancing is done

Until then...

It's not impossible, I think reydien did a fine job of explaining but I'll just add a few things.

Since it'll always be night you can just have a unit like Lycanthrope attack, since it has RNG 4 it has a chance of hitting crest and killing him or Invisible Druid he seems to be ideal for this sort of thing. There's no threat of crest actually attacking you since it's range 1 and if they put him in row 1 he'd die pretty fast.

Honestly it's by no means impossible, if you take out the 'invincible' units his SP will plummet. Anyways I do think the game is, for the most part, balanced. You just need to use the right strategy at the right time. In most cases after a game I can tell what caused my downfall 'if I played this instead that wouldn't have happened' ect ect.
I'm sure most people can relate to that.
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby Illyasviel » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:40 am

GunCastor wrote:But rare cards are supposed to be powerful, why else would they people want them?

Because of the pretty pictures? Hehe, that's why I chose Lawtia in the first place, Annarose!
On that note, wasn't Ruler of Crest a lady, too?
Illyasviel

Postby DWildstar » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:19 pm

Now that we have a general discussion forum I've moved this topic.
DWildstar

Postby Logress » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:05 pm

Yep, Eskatia is actually a woman! She purposefully dresses in male armor when she leads her armies.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby meredy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:19 pm

Logress wrote:Yep, Eskatia is actually a woman! She purposefully dresses in male armor when she leads her armies.

Ah, like Junon in Dragon Force.
meredy

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion