Gran-diose calculations

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Gran-diose calculations

Postby Illyasviel » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:46 pm

Okay, wondering if anyone can give me some advice. Assume for starters that buying Gran is not an option, and that I shall earn 10 each day from Mirage Master.

I want to get the Annarose avatar, as well as build up a card collection. Now, I know that it is slightly better odds on 4 and 5 star cards in boosters rather than lottery.

So, do I:

Save up, get one booster, recycle for Gran, repeat as much as I can, hopefully until I get enough for the avi?
Save up, get a booster box, recycle the cards I don't need, get the avi?
Save up, get the avatar, and then save up for cards, whether it be booster pack or booster box?
Another option altogether?
Illyasviel

Re: Gran-diose calculations

Postby ShinyDanmaku » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:56 am

For the first option you have to be extremely lucky to get 4/5 star cards.
for the other two options it depends on your priorities. Do you want the avatar first or the cards?

I'd choose the second option since avatars don't really do much. more cards would be more useful.
ShinyDanmaku

Postby Illyasviel » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:07 pm

Does it really have to be only four or five star cards to recycle for Gran? Couldn't I just recycle two or three star cards, get enough for another booster, and repeat until I finally can't do it again? (Forgot how much Gran you get for each star rank of cards.)
As for avatar or cards first, I'm not sure. I'd be tempted to say the cards, because in the long run that's the more expensive of the two, but I don't know...
So you vote for get a booster box, recycle stuff I don't need, get the avi? Alright, thanks for the advice! (Also, hehe, nice pic of Reisen!)
Illyasviel

Postby ShinyDanmaku » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:42 pm

well, 2 star cards recycle for 10 gran and 3 star cards recycle for 30 gran. Since a card costs about 30 gran you'd lose more gran in the end.

Also, nice to see someone who knows about Touhou. :mrgreen:
ShinyDanmaku

Return to Alteil General Discussion