Is Killing Machine's SS too strong?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Is Killing Machine's SS too strong?

Postby taishiro » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:10 pm

i play ;a39 deck and when people use it against me, its easy to counteract.
taishiro

Postby Rizzorian » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:19 pm

I ahve a Falkow deck so dealing with the Killing Machines SS isn't a big problem, I just use Return on it. The problem I find with it, is when the player has 2-3 of them set up as Soul Cards... I only have 1 Return, and only chance i can get anyone of my cards high enough in attack to get past the defense requires me to use Azure Dragon, but I need jsut about a full field of cards so I ca get a high enough boost.

Overall, yes the card is Overpowered, in my opinion. Either the SS should be removed, or reduce it to a x1 or x2 effect instead of x5.
Rizzorian

Postby darkdrium » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:01 pm

At this point with the limited card pool we have, it is definitely more difficult to counteract a high defense in general. However, there are still many ways to get around it as already mentioned such as dispel, return, and fire tornado. Lawtia has enough flaws that a good player should be able to get around it when playing against Lawtia, but I can see the problem when the other decks get around to using it. I wouldn't be against changing the soul skill, but it certainly isn't something that's insurmountable. And come on, can't Lawtia have one good card in its starter deck? :D

And anyways, what confuses me is that one of the best protective mechanisms in the game is coming from a "killing machine". A good offense is a good defense I suppose.
What happened to the good time music?
darkdrium

Postby Chronomaster » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:06 pm

The way this thread is going, it sounds like I'm the only one who doesn't like a 70 DF wall in the front row drastically dropping my chances of doing damage with an attack.

Really the boost is ridiculous. I can understand the idea providing a difficulty, but it shouldn't be providing a game-breaking loss. Make it last the turn. Never should anyone have that much defense stacked on them.

That or make more Magic Damage Soul Skills so I can actually get around this ridiculous defense without having to waste an action, a card, and the 3-5 life I'm about to lose because my field is empty since I'm trying to remove the high defense Units.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby arkbeetle » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:40 pm

I think Killing Machine is overpowered. I run into an foe in arena. Succesfully open 2 of his soul card while mine is still unscratched. Then he calls a 50hp monster with 10 def, he buried 1 card and the killing machine soul effect appears (third soul card) and he got 45def!, i calls light spearwomen , using penetrating light, and he just rest his monster. Then he buried 1 of his monster again and guess what? he give another monstrous def to a 50-hp monster that he just calls.
I'm using ;a41 deck and don't even have a dispell card. I think it's just ridiculous to suddenly lose when you're already at winning pace. That's jus't my opinion. Sorry for my bad english
;a41
arkbeetle

Postby reydien » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:45 pm

I might as well toss in my two cents on the matter. I am of the opinion that LeBeau's Soul Skill is currently unbalanced and is having an unhealthy effect on the state of the game. This one card can be slipped into any deck and make it more likely to win; there are no restrictions or requirements to make this tactic work beyond "have a unit on the field when LeBeau goes off." Every deck has to have an answer for this card or else it is destined to lose over half its duels. I don't have a problem with strategically played soul abilities turning a game around. I do have a problem with a simply played soul ability that basically says "have a solution for me or you lose."

Granted I play Gowen, which is probably the faction weakest to this strategy.
"Select the pistol, and then, select your horse."
reydien

Postby Chronomaster » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:07 pm

reydien wrote:Granted I play Gowen, which is probably the faction weakest to this strategy.

Actually it seems like Refess is the weakest, having only Dispel and Light Spearwoman at their disposal. :<

Oh, and some Soul Skill which only affects Lv. 2 or lower disengaged units, but that doesn't count.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby Grain » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:14 pm

Chronomaster wrote:Oh, and some Soul Skill which only affects Lv. 2 or lower disengaged units, but that doesn't count.

I'm Refess, and this is news to me.

Could you elaborate?
Grain

Postby reydien » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:22 pm

Chronomaster wrote:Actually it seems like Refess is the weakest, having only Dispel and Light Spearwoman at their disposal. :<

Gowen has Fire Tornado, which isn't even guaranteed to hit the correct unit, and Berserker (and Elena, I guess, though most LeBeau targets are 3 or lower).
"Select the pistol, and then, select your horse."
reydien

Postby Chronomaster » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:40 pm

reydien wrote:
Chronomaster wrote:Actually it seems like Refess is the weakest, having only Dispel and Light Spearwoman at their disposal. :<

Gowen has Fire Tornado, which isn't even guaranteed to hit the correct unit, and Berserker (and Elena, I guess, though most LeBeau targets are 3 or lower).

Light Spearwoman is slow, as Dan elaborated on. Fire Tornado hits 45 Magic Damage max per time, which can wipe out 2-4 well shielded units easily (if you're lucky enough to have them spread out right, which is usually the case) Berserker is also fast and it gets off the field quick before it comes back to bite you.

The only thing that gives Refess an advantage is Dispel over Gowen is Dispel, which isn't a starter card, while Berserker, Fire Tornado, and Light Spearwoman are.

Grain wrote:
Chronomaster wrote:Oh, and some Soul Skill which only affects Lv. 2 or lower disengaged units, but that doesn't count.

I'm Refess, and this is news to me.

Could you elaborate?

Of course this is news to you. It belongs to Dragonrider / Wasseir, which is a better Unit than Soul card by and large.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion