Complaint: Lawtia is broken

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Complaint: Lawtia is broken

Postby Chronomaster » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:40 am

Now, I may not seem very savvy (Lv. 7? What a newbie, am I right?), but it doesn't take a genius to spot one simple and unequivocal truth about the state of our game as it is now.

Lawtia is totally broken.

Absolutely, positively, without a doubt incompatible with the game at large.

How do I know this? Have I done some huge amount of research, staring at the card list until my eyes rolled out of their sockets? Have I approached wave after wave of Crest Regenerators and Lycanthropes on the battlefield? No, the answer is much more simple. Just have a look at the chat box, or rather what isn't in the chat box.

That's right. The Lawtia players all lack any sort of humor. None whatsoever. They exploit the chat function by not utilizing it to interact, forcing all us normal players to pursue a different strategy of communication.

Now, I can strike up a decent conversation with any other player, be they Falkow, Refess, or my fellow Gowen, and expect even the lightest 'LOL' to bounce back in a jolly blue color. Not so with any Lawtia player, who greet me as coldly as the Animated Dead they play. Honestly, the fact that I cannot pursue a beautiful conversation with this sort of Borg hive mind leaves me at a complete disadvantage overall, and the fact that they do not suffer a similar penalty is disheartening.

Personally, I think this bug is unfair to all us honest players, and should be examined thoroughly by both the American and Japanese development teams for balance issues.

EDIT: I don't think this affects the GMs though. I haven't played Lupos yet, but I know he's quite alive so I assume he's playing fair.
Chronomaster

Re: Complaint: Lawtia is broken

Postby Voomer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:07 pm

10/10 good job; had me going there.
Voomer

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:44 pm

Chronomaster wrote:Now, I may not seem very savvy (Lv. 7? What a newbie, am I right?), but it doesn't take a genius to spot one simple and unequivocal truth about the state of our game as it is now.

Lawtia is totally broken.

Absolutely, positively, without a doubt incompatible with the game at large.

How do I know this? Have I done some huge amount of research, staring at the card list until my eyes rolled out of their sockets? Have I approached wave after wave of Crest Regenerators and Lycanthropes on the battlefield? No, the answer is much more simple. Just have a look at the chat box, or rather what isn't in the chat box.

That's right. The Lawtia players all lack any sort of humor. None whatsoever. They exploit the chat function by not utilizing it to interact, forcing all us normal players to pursue a different strategy of communication.

Now, I can strike up a decent conversation with any other player, be they Falkow, Refess, or my fellow Gowen, and expect even the lightest 'LOL' to bounce back in a jolly blue color. Not so with any Lawtia player, who greet me as coldly as the Animated Dead they play. Honestly, the fact that I cannot pursue a beautiful conversation with this sort of Borg hive mind leaves me at a complete disadvantage overall, and the fact that they do not suffer a similar penalty is disheartening.

Personally, I think this bug is unfair to all us honest players, and should be examined thoroughly by both the American and Japanese development teams for balance issues.

EDIT: I don't think this affects the GMs though. I haven't played Lupos yet, but I know he's quite alive so I assume he's playing fair.

Now I have no idea whether you are dead serious with this post or this post is a joke (because sarcasm fails on the internet). But I play Lawtia and, if the opponent strikes up a conversation with me, I will happily carry it along. I just don't like talking to someone who doesn't want to talk, which is why I start all of my games with the line, "Good luck to you, sir/madam." I have met a few people on these forums in-game such as Grain and Skyress and have had very good games and conversations with both.

Oh, and before you go as far as saying it's a bug, just let me remind you of one thing...

You will be assimilated, resistance is futile.
Hakuro de Killer

Postby Cyanide » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:48 pm

protip: parodies
;a38
Cyanide

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Cyanide wrote:protip: parodies

Hakuro de Killer

Postby DearestNight » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:57 pm

Personally I'm nice to every player, even the ones who seem to want to rip out my intestines with a rusty sporkfoon. Wait....if Lawtia are cold....and I'm all chit chatty and happy....does that mean -I'm- broken???

So that weird dream where I was abducted by the men in white cat suits with robotic eyes wasn't a dream....no....NOOOOO!

*sputter*

We are Lawtia. Resistence is futile. Give us cat treats.
Be a craftsman in speech that thou mayest be strong, for the strength of one is the tongue, and speech is mightier than all fighting. ~ Maxims of Ptahhotep, 3400 B.C.
DearestNight

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:05 pm

DearestNight wrote:Personally I'm nice to every player, even the ones who seem to want to rip out my intestines with a rusty sporkfoon. Wait....if Lawtia are cold....and I'm all chit chatty and happy....does that mean -I'm- broken???

So that weird dream where I was abducted by the men in white cat suits with robotic eyes wasn't a dream....no....NOOOOO!

*sputter*

Cat Treats are irrelevant. They must give us Gran.
Hakuro de Killer

Postby Chronomaster » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:08 pm

Hakuro de Killer wrote:(because sarcasm fails on the internet)

But this is satire...
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:10 pm

Chronomaster wrote:
Hakuro de Killer wrote:(because sarcasm fails on the internet)

But this is satire...

Satire...?

THIS IS LAVATO!!!!
Hakuro de Killer

Postby Awod » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:07 am

Hakuro de Killer wrote:
DearestNight wrote:Personally I'm nice to every player, even the ones who seem to want to rip out my intestines with a rusty sporkfoon. Wait....if Lawtia are cold....and I'm all chit chatty and happy....does that mean -I'm- broken???

*sputter*

Cat Treats are irrelevant. They must give us Gran.

I believe they plan to. :D

and this thread is funny.
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion