# of cards in the game (and the scary calcs that follow)

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: # of cards in the game (and the scary calcs that follow)

Postby Demongod » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:46 pm

garcia1000 wrote:I think there are two reasons to make $$$ pyaing, one is good and one is bad

BAD REASON: higher power level
If the gap is too much then no point playing

GOOD REASON: variety
Then it means you can use a 100000 different strategy instead of boring 1. then the free player will want to $$ because of not boring

a game which does this way is Spectromancer where u get a powerful set of cards, and if you pay you can get 5 more sets of cards, but the power level of them 6 is equality

Refess starter: quite beatable by Gowen starter.
Refess starter with Lapierre: wrecks any other starter deck except well-played Falkow.

That payment for the EX was therefore very little increase in variety so much as paying to supercharge your Refess deck.

Therefore, this is very much a case of the former.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:13 pm

Refess starter: quite beatable by Gowen starter.
Refess starter with Lapierre: wrecks any other starter deck except well-played Falkow.

That payment for the EX was therefore very little increase in variety so much as paying to supercharge your Refess deck.

Refess starter: quite beatable by Gowen starter
Refess starter with Guardian (easily obtained via free gran): wrecks any other starter deck except well-played Falkow.

Oh look at that, free players can do it too. Thus argument is pointless.

Also, for the record, people that know how to really play the Refess starter should have quite a good chance against Gowen
luckysvn777

Postby TLHM » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:14 pm

Demongod wrote:Refess starter: quite beatable by Gowen starter.

I'm pretty sure with a slightly modded gowen starter you could beat an EX lapierre deck
TLHM

Postby garcia1000 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:30 pm

wat do u guys agree that variety is better than power lvel?
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby neviscus » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:02 pm

well, think this does owning more cards really give you power if you don't know how to use them? Or adversely does having less cards really mean you lose if you have a killer strategy?

well variety is nice, but as a free player it is not too difficult to get some extra cards. Yes, It is still hard to get the 4 or 5*'s, but in all actuality some of the cards that really make a file good are one stars, Witch, Mercenary, folrart guardian, KP, Succubus, fire arrow, flesh recycle, and all sp generating grims come to mind
neviscus

Postby bob000 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:07 pm

garcia the problem is that in a large way options are power
I agree though that in so much as it is possible rares should be more interesting but not more powerful than commons.
bob000

Postby garcia1000 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:33 pm

bob000 yes the man with more varity has more power so if we also make the card more powerful IN ADDITION then he has more power + more power = 2 more power
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby TLHM » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:53 am

neviscus wrote:well, think this does owning more cards really give you power if you don't know how to use them? Or adversely does having less cards really mean you lose if you have a killer strategy?

well variety is nice, but as a free player it is not too difficult to get some extra cards. Yes, It is still hard to get the 4 or 5*'s, but in all actuality some of the cards that really make a file good are one stars, Witch, Mercenary, folrart guardian, KP, Succubus, fire arrow, flesh recycle, and all sp generating grims come to mind

rapid growth is **, which makes me sad as I have none of it, and 3 of all the others :(

poor gowen
TLHM

Postby neviscus » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:57 pm

wow, thank you, I just assumed. And now I know
neviscus

Postby fargone » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:17 pm

(cut and pasted from a post I made in another thread)

I think people need to get over the fact that:

1) everyone starts with the same cards - 1 of 4 starters
2) there are many other cards to discover after the starters
3) cards are acquired using a purchasing system
4) there is no gurantee of what cards are acquired, so luck plays a big part in purchasing
5) if you have acquired more cards, you have more options in deck building
6) there is an option to use money to purchase cards - this is purely by choice
7) there is an option to not use money and still acquire cards, albeit at a slower rate than cash purchases

To sum up my statements

If you don't like the free card purchases, which is, in my mind, the best free system I have found on the internet so far, then try paying.
If you can't pay or choose not to, but still don't like the free system (quite a generous one) then don't use it.
If you don't like losing in folrart becuase you feel you have no chance - don't play there - play single player, or start another account and try again
If you think the above three options are not for you, then perhaps you need to find another game?
This game is free to PLAY, the cards after the starters are NOT FREE. They were never intended to be free and were never advertised as being free - but you have been given a system where you can get some without paying. I honestly can't see how you can justify complaining about being given such a great game for free.. now if you made a hefty investment and felt you did not get a fair return on your investment, then I might understand where you are coming from...

...otherwise, all I hear is whining
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion