does anyone use these?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

does anyone use these?

Postby teasel » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:41 am

while most of the cards are playable i find that some of them are just horrible... let's see some of them
Charge - Gowen - Spell - LV.2
target unit get at+10 for every friendly unit
ok why the hell should i play this when there is magic weapon? the only situation where you are getting more out of this is when the enemy has at least 3 unit and if the enemy has 3 unit i certainly don't want to spend 2 just for a +10 boost compared to magic weapon

Efreet - Gowen - Unit - LV.6
HP 90 - AT 40 - DF 00 - AGI 2 - RNG 3
Action Skill 3 SP - Do Damage:AT to all enemy units
ok not only is this thing really hard to pull off but... 40 AT? that's really really low for how much you are spending,there are a lot of cheaper creature who hover around 30 (with the bearman who is LV.3 having the same exact attack) an extra point of agi is rarely going to matter and i don't see how a RNG of 3 matters when the guy is so buff he's going to end in front row anyway... then you got his skill which ehy isn't half bad but 3 SP? not to mention that since he's slow by the time he can do it most of the other enemy unit have already attacked so what's the point? there is just too mana involved for something that is really situational so no

Djinn - Falkow - Unit - LV.6
HP 80 - AT 40 - DF 00 - AGI 4 - RNG 3
Action Skill 3 SP - Do HP-20 to all enemy units
i like this guy a little better since he's quicker and his special ignores defense which is always a good thing but most of the stuff i said for efreet apply to this guy as well
teasel

Re: does anyone use these?

Postby ReibuOrumai » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:44 am

Ugh.

ok why the heck should i play this when there is magic weapon? the only situation where you are getting more out of this is when the enemy has at least 3 unit and if the enemy has 3 unit i certainly don't want to spend 2 just for a +10 boost compared to magic weapon

Reading comprehension time! "Target unit gets AT+10 for every friendly unit" Not just +10, +10 for every friendly unit. I personally would love a card like this that I could use for falkow.

Efreet - Gowen - Unit - LV.6
ok not only is this thing really hard to pull off but... 40 AT? that's really really low for how much you are spending,there are a lot of cheaper creature who hover around 30 (with the bearman who is LV.3 having the same exact attack) an extra point of agi is rarely going to matter and i don't see how a RNG of 3 matters when the guy is so buff he's going to end in front row anyway... then you got his skill which ehy isn't half bad but 3 SP? not to mention that since he's slow by the time he can do it most of the other enemy unit have already attacked so what's the point? there is just too mana involved for something that is really situational so no

40 damage to all enemy units is the point. 3 SP for 40 damage to every single enemy unit is pretty nice. Just because they took their turn doesn't mean damage magically does nothing to them. Also you can keep it in the back sense it has a range of three, and whomp on stuff from there with 40AT which is also fairly nice although only a step above the 30AT cards.

Djinn - Falkow - Unit - LV.6
i like this guy a little better since he's quicker and his special ignores defense which is always a good thing but most of the stuff i said for efreet apply to this guy as well

Faster then efreet, does less damage but is penetrating (according to you, I forgot if it does or not) and 10 less HP. Still a good card.
ReibuOrumai

Postby teasel » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:13 pm

ahahahahah sorry it's not a reading comprehension time,i just wrote the wrong description :P
it's +10 for every enemy unit
teasel

Postby Phades » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:44 pm

teasel wrote:while most of the cards are playable i find that some of them are just horrible... let's see some of them
ok why the heck should i play this when there is magic weapon? the only situation where you are getting more out of this is when the enemy has at least 3 unit and if the enemy has 3 unit i certainly don't want to spend 2 just for a +10 boost compared to magic weapon
Charge can give more power than magic weapon while taking up the same space in a card file. This is one of the few open ended abilities that can inflate atk value to rather high levels in order to overcome lebau defense depending on the characters involved. There have been complaints about lion barron, but this card *IS* lion barron that you assign to anything you want. It can be absolutely devastating when used in conjunction with Efreet's action skill.

teasel wrote:Efreet - Gowen - Unit - LV.6
Compare this card against the dragon rider wassier. You have no reason to complain. It has more hp, more atk, range, so it is not forced to tank on the front lines, and a cheaper activation cost for the SP. Even when compared to units like ancient spearman, this is a bargain. Of course you are basing this off assumption mainly off the potentcy vs cost of gowen level 2 cards, which are way stronger than most level 3s, so your perception of this is a little distorted.

teasel wrote:Djinn - Falkow - Unit - LV.6
Efreet in conjunction with its action skill can easily put down level 3 units or higher, depending on how you play. This card is only good for clearing support units and striking early. Striking early is a big advantage, but it is not the only consideration involved here. I would say that djinn and efreet are roughly equal individually, but considerations need to be made against the entire card set for it to be considered fair. Most of the time i see this particular card, azure dragon is already on the field, so the direct potentcy of its first strike ability is over inflated, while efreet would require the consideration of magic weapons or charge to level the playing field.
Phades

Postby Cyanide » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:44 pm

Using falkow I personally don't use Djinn, by the time I can start using it I have a strategy set out and it'll just mess up my timing generally and uses too many SP for my liking.
;a38
Cyanide

Return to Alteil General Discussion