RP? (The other Kind)

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

RP? (The other Kind)

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:43 pm

Hello. This is just a small request for a Roleplay Forum and to see others' opinions on it because, even with so little knowledge that is Canon about Gowen, Falkow, and Lawtia, we the players (and maybe the US staff...?) can create our own interpretation of the World of Lavato. Obviously there would be rules for such a thing which will be discussed among fellow Roleplayers on these forums, but I just think it would be a good idea to open up a Roleplay board.

What are everyone else's feelings on this subject?
Hakuro de Killer

Re: RP? (The other Kind)

Postby Logress » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:40 pm

I'll update the story section of the main page soon. It's a bit hard to coordinate with the stuff the Japanese have created because they started their story section around expansion 3, and I don't want people to be annoyed when the story starts focusing on characters they can't use for four months... Also, I think the Japanese have more story info pop up when you win Mirage master, I gotta get on implementing that.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Sarkath » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:40 pm

I think it's a good idea. I've seen a lot of people in most game forums play some kind of roleplay forum game, where they have a thread or something where actually create, and play their different roleplay games with over 4+ people in each rp game, which was around 4-7 at the same time.

Roleplay inside Alteil:
I find it a lot more interesting to rp my character inside Alteil actually. Some people thought I was a crazy junkie or something, until I explained out-of-character that it was simply Sarkath's personality. :lol:

When it turns night and your lycantrophe's roar for thirst of blood and rejection of the living. To me, whenever I do those moves, a small "manga" clip of frozen dramatized pictures plays through in my head.
Sarkath out. :ugeek:
Sarkath

Postby Kyrie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:18 pm

Role-playing is always fun, so combining it with a story-based CCG like Alteil in which everyone has a character to represent themselves anyway can only end well.
Kyrie

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:57 pm

Sarkath wrote:I think it's a good idea. I've seen a lot of people in most game forums play some kind of roleplay forum game, where they have a thread or something where actually create, and play their different roleplay games with over 4+ people in each rp game, which was around 4-7 at the same time.

Roleplay inside Alteil:
I find it a lot more interesting to rp my character inside Alteil actually. Some people thought I was a crazy junkie or something, until I explained out-of-character that it was simply Sarkath's personality. :lol:

When it turns night and your lycantrophe's roar for thirst of blood and rejection of the living. To me, whenever I do those moves, a small "manga" clip of frozen dramatized pictures plays through in my head.

That's interesting. I always figured Death Incarnate / Proposition would have a personality like that in my fanfiction if the group comes across him. A little bit of a jonkie and an overall aloof attitude, but has the power to wipe out anything when in the mood.
Hakuro de Killer

Postby burnah » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:43 pm

We're already playing a role in this game. We're the Iczer who will defend the world when the time comes!
ImageImage
"Punch, punch, Falkow Punch!"
Ingame nick: Ridi
burnah

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:16 pm

burnah wrote:We're already playing a role in this game. We're the Iczer who will defend the world when the time comes!

Yeah and everyone in the World of Warcraft is playing a warrior in the land of Azeroth. Does that mean they wish to interact in character? More often than not the answer is no. I want a Roleplay board for those of us who, in fact, do want to be in character.
Hakuro de Killer

Postby burnah » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:26 am

Don't take me too seriously D:!
ImageImage
"Punch, punch, Falkow Punch!"
Ingame nick: Ridi
burnah

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:24 pm

burnah wrote:Don't take me too seriously D:!

But.. But... Roleplaying An online card game with a plot is SRS BSNS!
Hakuro de Killer

Postby Grain » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:48 pm

burnah wrote:Don't take me too seriously D:!

If you don't want to be taken seriously, why on Earth do you have that signature?
Grain

Return to Alteil General Discussion