Cards and Combos that need addressing

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Cards and Combos that need addressing

Postby arkbeetle » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:42 am

Is it possibe for the cards to be rebalanced? Because i never heard such a thing before....
;a41
arkbeetle

Postby Lightflight » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:34 am

A card errata section already exists. http://www.alteil.com/index.php/game-info/card-errata
what i really want to know is the combat monks triple attack does as the text makes no sense.
Do [damage: AT+0->30] to a random enemy unit within range.
I know that deals 30-40 damage but I can't see how it does it in the text.
I do think that for most cards they are fine or great as they are, but the combat monk I think does need a re balance.
I hate you qwerty.
Lightflight

Postby EvilGenius » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:36 am

Lightflight wrote:A card errata section already exists. http://www.alteil.com/index.php/game-info/card-errata
what i really want to know is the combat monks triple attack does as the text makes no sense.
Do [damage: AT+0->30] to a random enemy unit within range.
I know that deals 30-40 damage but I can't see how it does it in the text.
I do think that for most cards they are fine or great as they are, but the combat monk I think does need a re balance.

Combat Monk deals At + (0,10,20,or 30) Damage. So with base 10 AT, it can do 10-40 Damage (Avg 25).
EvilGenius

Postby Gigantorus » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:34 am

I think LeBeau should have less effect as a SC but be more useful as a unit. Remove -10HP per turn or increase his HP. He is too fragile and easy to counter. I made an honest effort remove LeBeau from my soul cards, it is just too hard to keep up with Gowen without him.
Gigantorus

Postby Sarkath » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:30 am

Combat Monk deals At + (0,10,20,or 30) Damage. So with base 10 AT, it can do 10-40 Damage (Avg 25).

Or you can take it this way, a monk is best used when it has a rank up, and with other units. That's when you should use a monk, in my opinion.

This means 20 Atk, 5 Agility, Range 1. 2 SP cost for taking it out, for a thing that basically can give you from 20-50 atk, ouch? Where's the sp cost on the skill, 0. If you have 2 of these out on the board? You can go further than that as well. You don't use the monk alone, no. So you will probably see a bellydancer as well, will give +10 atk, if I recall. 30-60 atk on each monk without sp requirement of the skill?

It adds up to outrageous sums for such low levels, and the sp cost is relatively low, and the result is destruction. Of course you have many not that good Gowen decks, they can still put out a lot of destruction against most starter decks. It means Gowen is probably the easiest deck to learn, use and in power relatively to the 3 others.

You see where this is going. We are talking about lvl 2 cards that can kill higher than lvl 4 units with few attacks before they can even make a move. And those higher units takes a lot more sp to get out, and use.
This is if you can use Gowen in the right way, and it isn't hard.
Sarkath out. :ugeek:
Sarkath

Postby Moratorius » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:00 pm

Sarkath wrote:

Or you can take it this way, a monk is best used when it has a rank up, and with other units. That's when you should use a monk, in my opinion.

This means 20 Atk, 5 Agility, Range 1. 2 SP cost for taking it out, for a thing that basically can give you from 20-50 atk, ouch? Where's the sp cost on the skill, 0. If you have 2 of these out on the board? You can go further than that as well. You don't use the monk alone, no. So you will probably see a bellydancer as well, will give +10 atk, if I recall. 30-60 atk on each monk without sp requirement of the skill?

It adds up to outrageous sums for such low levels, and the sp cost is relatively low, and the result is destruction. Of course you have many not that good Gowen decks, they can still put out a lot of destruction against most starter decks. It means Gowen is probably the easiest deck to learn, use and in power relatively to the 3 others.

You see where this is going. We are talking about lvl 2 cards that can kill higher than lvl 4 units with few attacks before they can even make a move. And those higher units takes a lot more sp to get out, and use.
This is if you can use Gowen in the right way, and it isn't hard.

Unfortunately, a ranked up monk will go before the bellydancer, so no +10 AT unless your opponent uses Undine on it... which probably means the monk is about to be wasted. Also, monks are really random... if it hits only 10-20 damage when you needed 30+, then that usually spells death; not just for the monk, but for the momentum Gowen needs to force an early LeBeau or to take it out directly. Still, I agree he could be toned down a little.
Moratorius

Postby Chronomaster » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:23 pm

arkbeetle wrote:Is it possibe for the cards to be rebalanced? Because i never heard such a thing before....

Then you haven't played TCGs for long, have you?
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby arkbeetle » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:30 am

Chronomaster wrote:
arkbeetle wrote:Is it possibe for the cards to be rebalanced? Because i never heard such a thing before....

Yeah, i'm new to this kind of game, i usually played MMORPG
;a41
arkbeetle

Postby Chronomaster » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:55 am

arkbeetle wrote:
Chronomaster wrote:

Yeah, i'm new to this kind of game, i usually played MMORPG

If you ever need a gauge as to how TCGs tend to work out, always look at Magic's history and R&D stories. There's 15 years worth of information there.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion