I found the reason Refess is so weak!

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: I found the reason Refess is so weak!

Postby teasel » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:27 pm

uh i don't see it as the same thing... a player can do something against the strategy described (instakill the phoenix with merciless death and assasin or bounce it trough mystere) but in magic you can't do anything against counter because if you try they will counter it... a game in magic against a counter deck usualy go like this
"i summ"
"COUNTER"
"i pla"
"COUNTER"
when both player are basicaly doing nothing every turn that's when you are boring your opponent to submission
teasel

Postby Phades » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:36 pm

teasel wrote:uh i don't see it as the same thing... a player can do something against the strategy described (instakill the phoenix with merciless death and assasin or bounce it trough mystere) but in magic you can't do anything against counter because if you try they will counter it... a game in magic against a counter deck usualy go like this
"i summ"
"COUNTER"
"i pla"
"COUNTER"
when both player are basicaly doing nothing every turn that's when you are boring your opponent to submission
The difference is you can do nothing and while you do nothing, you take damage. Dust off some old copies from WOTC magazines to see what turbo stasis and its varaitions were all about. I mean hell, a friend of mine did land destruction black/red and another did hand destruction-> rack plays. All would be viewed as "stalling" even though you were also taking damage constantly. All of them were banned eventually....
Phades

Postby Chronomaster » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:50 pm

BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby Grain » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:56 pm

This thread is becoming dangerously off-topic.
Grain

Postby Chronomaster » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:00 pm

Grain wrote:This thread is becoming dangerously off-topic.

I don't see how it is. Logress was talking about how stalling out to a draw was Refess's major foothold, and we're talking about how that is in fact a very valid and powerful play style.

We're even bringing in supporting evidence. Do you have any idea how rare that is to see these days?
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby Grain » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:01 pm

Chronomaster wrote: Do you have any idea how rare that is to see these days?

No.
Grain

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion