The horror of being >lvl 10

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

The horror of being >lvl 10

Postby neonsun » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:00 pm

As a new player who has joined this game , i finally reached Folrart arena !!

after several wins and losses i have noticed that the game is completely different, the elaborate tactics i got accustomed too seeing have disappeared , most players i have faced have either :
several copies of the same rare card, several overpowered units or another type of trick that render any strategy useless . All this making u rely only on sheer unit strength !!!

In most card games there are limitations to rare cards , there are none here !!!
My opinion is that 4star cards and above should at least require 2sp to revive and not just one , i m a lawtia player and i know what it means to face a centaur or a eskatia especially if the lycantrops are on the board. (just a thought)

I have also noticed that surviving the normal arena without investing money in the game was very much possible (answering all those whiners) and no started deck was weaker then the other. (most lawtia players tend to complain about that lol). BUT I M WONDERING NOW in folrart arena if it is at all possible to continue this way ??
I believe there should be faster ways to make gran for all , this wway even "free" players are not too disadvantaged.

What do u think people , more gran for every body ???
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Re: The horror of being >lvl 10

Postby Grain » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:35 pm

Yu-Langli had mostly the same Gowen cards as all the other Gowen Iczers, and still managed to get very high ratings.

I know, because I asked.
Grain

Postby EvilGenius » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:44 pm

EvilGenius

Postby Susanoo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:51 pm

yu-yangli is the current top player. he runs gowen and doesn't use a single 4 star and above card. the only character card he uses is kurina. which comes with starter deck. he made quite a tweak on his gowen deck but those are cards that's easily acquired in starters. well there's some cards that doesnt comes with gowen's starter. and there's some unusual cards he uses but i won't take pride in revealing someone's strategy here.
i know because i fought him too many times.
Susanoo

Postby DWildstar » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:57 pm

I'm still of the belief that people who use very rare cards they bought are still the exception to the rule in Folrart. Also if they are using them more often it's for soul skills and not units. Of course I see people who aren't Lawtia with Lebeaus in their soul skills because you pretty much anticipate it at this point, but still there are just people with very good strategies who time their cards well. Also I'm finding more people in Folrart are mixing up the colors a little bit in their file which can make all the differences in some cases whether it's a surprise Salamander or Undine that completely messes up your timing.

I've spent some money to buy cards, but right now the file I'm using doesn't used more than two or so I got from using real money. I'm not exactly the top tier right now, but I think I can put up a pretty good fight. :roll:
DWildstar

Postby teasel » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:31 pm

yeah personaly i'm feeling the same and i'm quitting and returning back to a more human TCG (with programs like magic workstation) it's not even a matter of rare cards! i'm playing gowen and i'm not running any of the following
blitz soldier
magic dual sword wielder
splashing other cards like sylphy
guess why? because i don't have them! my game have turned all into mirror matches against better gowen deck and it's getting incredibly dull
yu-yangli (sorry if i sounded a little rude today and maybe i'm doing now i'm just too frustated by this game) runs 2 copies of panther soul and lebeau in the SS... why would the guy need to play 4 star cards when he already has the two best card in the game?
teasel

Postby EvilGenius » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:47 pm

teasel wrote:yu-yangli (sorry if i sounded a little rude today and maybe i'm doing now i'm just too frustated by this game) runs *deleted*

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you should be posting what other players use.
EvilGenius

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:53 pm

I think how you did in the lower levels effects things alot. I think I'd have been doing alot better in level 10+ if it wasn't for the server wipe as I'd won some where around 15 treasure battles en route to reaching the level 10+ room and thus had many decent card options that were all taken away. Unfortunately shortly after the wipe I found myself with only a handful of other people in level 10+ and thus for quite a while I couldn't find opponents. As more people reached level 10+ I had a few more opponents to play, but they still had all their treasure battle cards (since they earned them after the wipe) that I had lost so they had a significant advantage on me (darn me for being a part of the beta, this is the only game thats ever punished me for being a part of their beta even if it wasn't intentional).

For players who play from the lower levels now and do like I did they are going to have things a little easier in the level 10+ room (assuming they won some useful stuff) because they'll have more cards as well. There's still luck involved in getting good cards of course, but some of the best combos in the 10+ room right now really do need atleast 1-2 non starter cards to have a chance against and outside of spending money treasure battles are your best bet at getting them.

For players who endurance their way into the level 10+ room, winning only occasionally or slightly better then half the time and thus not getting many treasure battle cards, the level 10+ room can be painful wall. Not only is it suddenly alot harder to find opponents, but now all the opponents have well tuned decks featuring lots of rare cards you don't have access too. Suddenly you go from winning occasionally or rarely to almost never winning at all. And with treasure battles frequency being tied to winning, the winners are only getting more options and more chances to get stronger still.

So basically yeah, if you didn't come flying into the 10+ arena on the back of many wins and many treasure battle rewards in pocket, you may want to consider deleting your account and starting again (especially if you were using Refess or possibly Lawtia. Right now Refess just can't compete in the high level arena period so you need to have won enough cards to switch clans, and Lawtia has good cards but they are pretty rare. Gowen and Falkow I've seen still be pretty successful with mostly low rarity cards but you may need to have gotten a few extra copies of certain low rarity cards that you didn't get 3 of in the starter)

At least thats been my experience so far.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Ekin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:14 pm

Level 10+ is hard for two reasons:

1) You probably need to buy SOME cards in order to survive.
2) All the new players that play a couple games, then never fire up Alteil again, are gone. You have to play with players that are more experienced than yourself. It's a tough learning curve, as I've been discovering.

However, I'm not sure this is a complaint worthy situation:

1) If you've played enough games to reach level 10, you've had a ton of fun for free, without paying a dime. The Alteil staff has done a great job here; if you can afford it, why not reward them with a bit of revenue? Then you'll have cards, and are contributing to the ongoing success of the game.

2) You don't NEED 5 star cards to win, nor do you need 4 star cards. They certainly open up other deck possibilities, but they're not required to be a consistent winner.

3) Even if you lose, you can still have fun. I do understand the frustration of being beat around constantly with no chance of success. But after waltzing through levels 4-10 with perhaps 3 losses in Crest, I've gone like 3-12 in my last 15 games. I'm still enjoying myself though, because each battle is a learning experience.
Ekin

Postby AnnaTheRed » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:44 pm

teasel wrote:yeah personaly i'm feeling the same and i'm quitting and returning back to a more human TCG (with programs like magic workstation) it's not even a matter of rare cards! i'm playing gowen and i'm not running any of the following
blitz soldier
magic dual sword wielder
splashing other cards like sylphy
guess why? because i don't have them! my game have turned all into mirror matches against better gowen deck and it's getting incredibly dull
yu-yangli (sorry if i sounded a little rude today and maybe i'm doing now i'm just too frustated by this game) runs 2 copies of panther soul and lebeau in the SS... why would the guy need to play 4 star cards when he already has the two best card in the game?

Hi teasel,
Please do not write other Iczer's names in the post. (Especially if it's not for a good reason.)
If you want to say "This Iczer beat me!" that's fine.
Also we, GMs, strongly discourage people from revealing any other player's SS.
If you have any problem with certain Iczers, please PM any GMs.

And please remember, being rude to other Iczers during a battle may result in warning, or ban.

Thank you

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion