Dueling Your Own Clan

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Dueling Your Own Clan

Postby BlackMustang » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:33 pm

I don't know about everyone else, but I truly - truly enjoy a good battle against my own deck type. I honestly think it is the only way to find out who is the better Iczer, or who your rivals are.

The backlash rule only comes into affect in these particular games and will almost certainly cause both parties to have to change their strategy on the fly when an essential card gets removed from the game before ever seeing the light of day. Character backlash is huge too, it takes a talented player to hang in the game when their rival has played the same charachter just a turn earlier. Gowen users who play Kurina early on have surely felt this sting.

I know all games require skill, blah blah blah. But lets face it, generally duels become centered around pre-planned strategy and whose trumps whose. I think one could safely argue that many duels are decided within the first five rounds of play. But fighting a clan member changes all that especially when they get close to mirroring your strategy; even without backlash having two near identical armies lined up on opposite sides of eachother has you itching to see which one gets the initiative luck, and in the aftermath, trying to formulate a split second strategy to counter the last round's unpredictable combat.

Oh and a shoutout to CalebTheWise my fellow Falkow user and inspiration for this topic. I've traded blows with him three times in the last 24 hours and I'm up 2-1 8-) , we keep crushing eachother's win streaks.
Jimmy Raynor uses Falkow. Jimmy Raynor doesn't lose.
BlackMustang

Re: Dueling Your Own Clan

Postby Grain » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:17 pm

I love beating the Refess Iczers who throw $100 to get all the rare cards.
Grain

Re: Dueling Your Own Clan

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:49 pm

I like battling against other Lawtia Users because there are usually two kinds:

1. Those who don't really know how to play Lawtia all that well.
2. Those that play the same strategies as everyone else to start.

However, some people find unique ways to play Lawtia and I almost got beaten by a form of Lawtia deck I never saw coming called SP Kill. Basically taking Skeleton Masters, Ruby Carbuncles, and Shades and killing off your SP so you can't do anything.
Hakuro de Killer

Return to Alteil General Discussion