The Most Powerful Card In The Game

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

The Most Powerful Card In The Game

Postby Grain » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:38 pm

[card=80]It isn't LeBeau.[/card]

For the first time, I came across a person who not only spent good money, but actually knew how to use their cards correctly!

I was so entranced by the amazing card combinations, that I didn't even feel upset about losing the game.

So... any ideas on how Refess can counter a file with 3 of these cards?

The only card which I can think of even having a chance is Lapierre, and even then the chances seem slim.
Grain

Re: The Most Powerful Card In The Game

Postby EvilGenius » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:56 pm

Refess generally folds over like a dead cow against Falkow. I can't think of anything Refess can do against this. Once again, Refess's only chance is luck, like a lucky shot with Light Spearwoman... but then again, she's probably been Returned before then.
EvilGenius

Postby Phades » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:54 pm

I've been talking about this card for a few days now grain. Sersiously, there is nothing refress can do about it, other than attempt to backlash the undine.

Falkow will return your level 2s->4s, aqua sorceror your phoenix wall, sacrifice sylph/undine to assasin soul skills, or march over you with AD. There is no answer within refress for this style of play from what i can tell. You will have to get creative and make card file depth sacrifices to adjust for that contingentcy. Undine is usable within refress as you can limit the number of assailants hitting you before you can act, but the problem ends up being the restriction on maximum number of cards. The last version of my refress that i actually played with included 2 undines for both of those reasons. I would include 3, but i simply couldn't afford to sacrifice more from the deck and still call it refress.
Phades

Postby GunCastor » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:42 pm

I've been looking at this card ever since I got one on a level up, around level 9 or so and wanted to get the cards to do it for a while now. Unfortunately, I lack undines. One player did use it against me but I forgot who exactly. He spent too much time returning my carda and not enough building his army up so he eventually lost when he ran out of Return Grimoirres/Undines.
GunCastor

Postby Gigantorus » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:31 pm

wouldnt casswary king basically own this card since the unit has to be within range? I doubt she'll ever be summoned to the front row. Sure they might play Undine against him and return him, but that would cost them 3 SP vs 2 for resummoning him. also you can play a second king if you see her summoned.

That being said. Falkow has way too many ways to return cards and I find it amazing how much the Return skill is underestimated by the Alteil team.
Gigantorus

Postby Grain » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:16 pm

Gigantorus wrote:wouldnt casswary king basically own this card since the unit has to be within range? I doubt she'll ever be summoned to the front row. Sure they might play Undine against him and return him, but that would cost them 3 SP vs 2 for resummoning him. also you can play a second king if you see her summoned.

That being said. Falkow has way too many ways to return cards and I find it amazing how much the Return skill is underestimated by the Alteil team.

Not when a Witch is also on the field in the back row. Also, the Cassowary King can be killed by flying attack & soul skills.
Grain

Postby EvilGenius » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:31 pm

Flying Attack pretty much trumps any strategy Refess can muster.
EvilGenius

Postby Gigantorus » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:39 pm

yea :/
Gigantorus

Postby neonsun » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:06 am

what u re trying to say is cowassary king can be killed by flying attack if the annoying falkow card get to play 1st (havent see the agi on those 2 cards)

but i agree undine is a bother to gowen and refess especially. less to lawtia users because the tend to pass on setting lvl 2 cards on the ground
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Postby Grain » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:49 pm

neonsun wrote:what u re trying to say is cowassary king can be killed by flying attack if the annoying falkow card get to play 1st (havent see the agi on those 2 cards)

but i agree undine is a bother to gowen and refess especially. less to lawtia users because the tend to pass on setting lvl 2 cards on the ground

Eagle Soldier has 3 AGI and 30 ATK, it can use flying attack to kill Cassowary King instantly unless I decide to keep it alive 1 extra turn by wasting a Raise Shield.
Grain

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion