LeBeau is color intrusion

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: LeBeau is color intrusion

Postby Tenkai » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:46 am

Hakuro de Killer wrote:
Grain wrote:
Hakuro de Killer wrote:Gowen has crazy direct damage SS along with Salamander's opening skill and a munch more. It's not just Fire Tornado (which, more often than not, actually DOES hit my LeBeaued units every single time.).

Which "crazy" direct damaging cards/ss are you talking about? Salamander only has 10HP direct damage potential, what do you wanna kill with that endgame? Fire Tornado is all luck really: there were several times where it hit the useless unit 4x times, when there were only 2 enemy cards on the field...
Tenkai

Postby GunCastor » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:26 am

This might have been mentioned already in the other Lebeau Soul Card thread but I think the best way to deal with it is the (Faction) Level x20 damage soul cards. It works especially well for Gowen since they have another reason to level up their sphere of influence anyways, that being the level up abbilities that many of their units have.

But it's not very effective on a card that bring itself back to full hp after being knocked down to zero though, Assassin as a soul card might work better after all.
GunCastor

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:57 pm

GunCastor wrote:This might have been mentioned already in the other Lebeau Soul Card thread but I think the best way to deal with it is the (Faction) Level x20 damage soul cards. It works especially well for Gowen since they have another reason to level up their sphere of influence anyways, that being the level up abbilities that many of their units have.

But it's not very effective on a card that bring itself back to full hp after being knocked down to zero though, Assassin as a soul card might work better after all.

Thank you for reming me. Assasssin is a counter just as easy to get out against a LeBeau user as it is for a LeBeau user to get their effect off without a hitch because everyone who runs LeBeau knows that LeBeau isn't the penultimate broken card. It does have drawbacks. For example, it cannot be successfully used in first or second SS slot. If you use it in fifth SS slot, there is a good chance you'll lose anyway. More often than not, the person using LeBeau uses it to fall back on rather than actual planning.
Hakuro de Killer

Postby GunCastor » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:35 pm

Actually, I still think the Lebeau Soul ability to be too powerful. I had to change my deck just because of one card and one card only. I agree that it is beatable and has its flaws but I still think that it is too powerful. Should one card have that much influence in the game as a whole? My opinion is no. Not to mention that those not starting with a Lawtia deck will have to be lucky to have cards to counter it. Lebeau players will target and destroy my slow Light Spear Woman because they know it will leave me helpless if she's gone. But that is countered with my soul cards, which I was lucky enough to get through level ups.
GunCastor

Postby Chronomaster » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:37 pm

If the meta is between a pro-LeBeau file and an anti-LeBeau file, there's problems.

You can missle a Brave Soldier and effectively sap it. You can out speed Vordore and knock it down. You can't take down a Zombie Lord hopped up on SP without resorting to three definite options (Dispel, Assassain SS, or Merciless Death). Then watch as the player fronts forward a Shade meatsack for you to chew on and reup his Zombie Lord again.

We're hitched. That's how it looks. Killing Machine Zuga has us in a corner crying emo tears.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion