RANT of the day(3): LEBAU SOUL SKILL

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

RANT of the day(3): LEBAU SOUL SKILL

Postby neonsun » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:01 am

Friends of the evening ,GOOD EVENING !!

Stooooooooppppp this is not another thread dishing on Lebau !!!
Now that we have cleared that up lets jump right in, "Lebau SS is this is that blah blah blah blah blah ". Lebau is a DF bufff (we all know that) so why is bothering so many people !!!
It shouldnt be a bother to any of the colors ! lets take exmples why :
Lebau agaisnt Lawtia : penetrate skills on at least 2 units , flesh recycle is a hp att spell
Refess : correct me if i m wrong (plz do ) but i think at least 2 archer units of refess have penetrate like skill
gowen: it is true that u guys dont have a lot of penetrate skills but u have a 1001 other method , especially that annoying fire tornado thing and especiall that bothersome fire arrow.
Falkow : a.k.a the people i hate the most (lol) 1 word RETURN RETURN RETURN, and if its a lvl 4+ card swan cavs can take away its hp

And for all spheres there is something called SS , if i m not wrong u have ridiculous effect from dmg = sphere lvl x20, to "set 1 units hp =0" so a well timed ss or a good strategy should help you get rid of lebo.

there is only 1 lebo combination that is really difficult to beat but i will not mention it here due to private player tactics .
and nooo its not brave soldier+panth soul+ leboSS (which can be handled ,not easily i admit)

PS My hat off to (0.o).(o.0) (what ever weird iczer name u use lol) , U re one mean kniving player = awesome, u play ur sphere amazingly , ohh btw i want a refight !!!!!

the rant is done -->u can resume a normal activity !!! bye bye
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Re: RANT of the day(3): LEBAU SOUL SKILL

Postby teasel » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:42 am

nope i'm sorry... most of the time fire arrow won't one shot the lebeau tank (and if it does,you have to have an influence of 9 in gowen since you have to jump over 40 defense on the usual 50 HP tank) and the fire tornado is imprecise (you could hit something else 4 times instead of hitting the tank 2 times) as i see it the only decent solution avaiable to everyone are those "sphere level X20 damage" but still depending on how the game goes you might be forced to dig deeper into your SS or have the game put on a hold
if you try to put them earlier in your SS you risk to activate them when it's too late and that's not mentioning the lebeau+regenerator combo... there is no way for gowen to jump that
personaly i'm starting to get somewhat accustomed to lebeau and i came to the realization that the best solution is to just try to go so fast that when it triggers either the opponent has no unit or only around 5 cards in the graveyard but saying "JUST CAST FIRE ARROW OR FLAME TORNADO" is stupid
teasel

Postby neonsun » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:28 am

mouahahahahahaha it s always nioce to have ur opinion teasel !!

Clear things up i was actually referring to non lawtia players using lebo , to my knowledge 4 cards have the "regen" ability and they are all lawtia !!

Now about lawtia players with the worst combo is: (my dear friend and colleague, lol )the zombie lord +Km SS it is a tough combo to beat ! but most folFART players know that lebeau usually comes as the 3 rd soul skill ,so its not a surprise anymore
i ve seen players rest all their units if they couldnt just kill my units AND my 3 rd SS all together.

But i repeat that most people having problems with this are gowen users due to the lack of "penetrance" (not to use another term lol lol )
Personally ,LOL, i believe its worth to face a return "abuser" then a dude with lebo skills.

+ when facng lawtia u kinda expect it since it has become standard play , where as wen another sphere user makes use of it , this is where people get hit hard.

My tactic: i was lucky to win in a treasure battle a "dispel"card , and i always keep it in my deck. !!!!
neonsun

Postby teasel » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:04 am

actualy 5 cards have the regen ability
the 2 lycantrophe,animated dead,zombie lord and phoenix
phoenix is a refess card and the lycantrophe regeneration only works at night
teasel

Postby BlackMustang » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:50 am

A few things to note about your newest rant...

Fire Arrow / Tornado are not penetrating spells, so good luck killing a Lebeau'd unit with 40hp and 70 defense with either of them.
Refess has one Penetrating unit in the starter deck... the Spearswoman, who hits a random unit. A smart player could thwart this by setting up alot of junk units around his tank until she is killed.
Falkow pretty much only has return cards that can hit it, there are no penetrating units in the starter Falkow deck. If a Falkow user has used all his various return abilities he is... well you get the idea.
Lawtia has the most variety, as you said, and is probably the best for dealing with the defense problem at any point in the game, but even then if you play your Dolls and Flesh cards early (which many people do) and they don't include the Elite Crest Knight (which many people don't) then they are equally toast.

Yes there is dispel, and return, and blah and blah and you are right in saying that Lebeau is not the invinc-atron people make him out to be, but he is alot better than you give him credit for too :twisted:
Jimmy Raynor uses Falkow. Jimmy Raynor doesn't lose.
BlackMustang

Postby DWildstar » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:58 am

BlackMustang wrote:Fire Arrow / Tornado are not penetrating spells, so good luck killing a Lebeau'd unit with 40hp and 70 defense with either of them.

Actually Fire tornado does indeed ignore defense (I've lost Lebeau'ed characters to it before). Fire Arrow you'll just have to have a very high sphere level in order to take out a Lebeau'ed character.
DWildstar

Postby neonsun » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:07 pm

1 st of all ..... what s jim raynor's opinion about lebau ????? lol lol

i agree with u mustang , i know lebau buff is enormous , never meant otherwise but , also, as u said the combo is not uber invincible ,
Also to add to the many strategies against lebo , a good idea is not to destroy lebau but just to pacify him , meaning that any average AT-x card should make him just a meat shield.
i know the problem with this method would be that anything behind lebau combo is well protected and near impenetrable (forcing him and u to rely on ur rng=2+ units).
even thou a draw against an opponent is better then a loss.

peace out !

PS: i hope the decks will be more balanced with the expansions
neonsun

Postby BlackMustang » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:08 pm

You are right ;) my mistake on that. Also I made another mistake the level 6 Djinn unit in the Falkow Starter has a penetrate ability that is fairly week and costs a hefty fee to use... but it is there nontheless. Swan Cavaliers and the Tempest will also penetrate, but will hit your own units as well... none of those 3 will do more then 30 damage.
Jimmy Raynor uses Falkow. Jimmy Raynor doesn't lose.
BlackMustang

Postby Ekin » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:28 pm

The problem with Lebeau isn't that it's super strong; it's that there's almost zero reason not to use it. You can expect everyone that owns it to use it because from a practicality standpoint, they have every reason to do so. The other day someone was making the argument that Aqua Sorcerer is the best card in the game. Even if I agreed with that (and I haven't decided), she needs support: Undines, Sylphs, and probably even Cyclones. She does nothing by herself. Killing Machine as a soul skill requires almost zero support; the pace and tempo of any given game give it all the support it needs. This is compounded by the fact that some spheres don't have the right silver bullet cards to counter it, and from a gameplay perspective, I'm not much of a fan of requiring players to play one of a certain spell (in this case, probably Dispel) just to deal with one card.

When you see almost every deck in Folrart using it, you know you've got something of a problem.
Ekin

Postby Grain » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:45 pm

Ekin wrote:The problem with Lebeau isn't that it's super strong; it's that there's almost zero reason not to use it. You can expect everyone that owns it to use it because from a practicality standpoint, they have every reason to do so. The other day someone was making the argument that Aqua Sorcerer is the best card in the game. Even if I agreed with that (and I haven't decided), she needs support: Undines, Sylphs, and probably even Cyclones. She does nothing by herself. Killing Machine as a soul skill requires almost zero support; the pace and tempo of any given game give it all the support it needs. This is compounded by the fact that some spheres don't have the right silver bullet cards to counter it, and from a gameplay perspective, I'm not much of a fan of requiring players to play one of a certain spell (in this case, probably Dispel) just to deal with one card.

When you see almost every deck in Folrart using it, you know you've got something of a problem.

LeBeau was very hard for me to time; I stopped using it after 3 games.

I'd much rather use LeBeau for a strong Counterattack.
Grain

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion