RANT of the day(3): LEBAU SOUL SKILL

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: RANT of the day(3): LEBAU SOUL SKILL

Postby Tenkai » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:00 pm

Ekin wrote:When you see almost every deck in Folrart using it, you know you've got something of a problem.

Fully agree. Wasn't that the reason why they decided to nerf Will o' the Wisp?
Tenkai

Postby Chronomaster » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:37 am

Tenkai wrote:
Ekin wrote:When you see almost every deck in Folrart using it, you know you've got something of a problem.

Fully agree. Wasn't that the reason why they decided to nerf Will o' the Wisp?

How true...
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby radishlaw » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:04 am

I have been wondering, would the situation improve if the SS is on a rarer card, like Dical? (4 star)

Because it is exactly what happened to the Chinese Closed Beta right now, and since there is no way to buy cards yet, the effect
of this change is unknown.

I would very much like to hear everyone's opinion on the effect of this change.
radishlaw

Postby Chronomaster » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:48 pm

radishlaw wrote:I have been wondering, would the situation improve if the SS is on a rarer card, like Dical? (4 star)

Because it is exactly what happened to the Chinese Closed Beta right now, and since there is no way to buy cards yet, the effect

Americans usually frown on pushing unique and ultimately powerful effects to higher rarities. Just look at Yu-Gi-Oh's early game for just why that was a bad idea. I'll give you a hint. The best (read, unbeatable) deck in the game probably broke $1000.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby radishlaw » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:32 am

Chronomaster wrote:
radishlaw wrote:I have been wondering, would the situation improve if the SS is on a rarer card, like Dical? (4 star)

Americans usually frown on pushing unique and ultimately powerful effects to higher rarities. Just look at Yu-Gi-Oh's early game for just why that was a bad idea. I'll give you a hint. The best (read, unbeatable) deck in the game probably broke $1000.

Not trying to contradict you, but I thought the reason for the cry against Lebau is not because it is unbeatable, but (partly) because it is
common enough to easily have 2 or even 3 as Soul Cards?

(And just for the record, the exact soul card effect is seen from one of the cards in Japanese Alteil set 2, which also contains some other crazy cards)
radishlaw

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion