RANT: someone was naughty !!

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

RANT: someone was naughty !!

Postby neonsun » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:53 am

i guess everyone is enjoying the tournament , something that is indeed very cool -> :twisted: :twisted: i get to play with 4 & 5 star cards mouahahahahahahahahha (power rush)

tiny weenie little question thou : 1 lebau !!???? now ..... wanna still read the rant ?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted:

Well i actually dont mind less lebau but the problem is some people actuall use lebau as a ground card and not just SS.
till today there has been 2 cards that have been discussed (about bein too strong): Lebau and return !

Uberaschung !!!!! (surprise in German ) there are 3 copies of return and 1 copy of lebau.

I personally stopped using lebau for a while now ! but it is still an intricate part of most lawtia users decks , we dont have a shield up card or high def of refess , no dryiads and no sorcerer guard !!!
What ever way u look at it someone decided to be naughty and NERF lawtia !!!! the only AT=40 card or the only lawtia card with slash ability (depends how u wana look at it) has been almost taken out !!! --> this is indeed NERFING !!

As player, i can withstand many things (read previous post) but nerfing my sphere is not one of them.
i urge gms and managers of the game to really look into this issue. changing the SS is one thing , unenabling lawtia players to use the character is another

An earlier post on the forum said that Falkow was a hign mana deck! that is good then their should be a choice made: either mana or agi ,and if they have both (which they do ) they shouldn't be the absolutely best in those domains.
Need i remind u that most(not all) falkow decks have at least 2 returns+ witch+ sorcerer ! and this game has no method to counter spells (grimoires)

i hope this tournament will a serve a double purpose , 1 to test the tournament system and 2 - to assess the "value of the cards" in game.

PS: i sadly always take falkow as example because in my opinion its the most "overbalanced" deck whereas refess is the most "underbalanced" right now
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Re: RANT: someone was naughty !!

Postby ANIMEniac » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:10 am

Well, this is a free tournament. It is a chance to test some things out. Personally, I use only 1 Lebeau b/c i feel that the other spaces could be used more wisely. Of course, that is all preference. Just don't be surprised when the opponent can counter the SS and you end up not being able to get an advantage b/c 3 of your SS just add DF and can't even out the current field.

We will also get to see every colors "true" potential now that all the cards are unlocked. I'll be spending lots of time making new strategies around cards I may never play again XD
ANIMEniac

Postby neonsun » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:30 am

i dont use Lebau at all
i wrote this topic "demanding" for equality between spheres!
and i m referring alos to blocking the SS if need be BUT allowing the card the be playerd in multiple copies (as ground card not SS)
neonsun

Postby Romdeau » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:01 pm

Seems to make sense to me, although I don't know the technicalities behind it. It may or may not even be possible with the way the system is structured. Who knows? I think it's too late because it's already started, but I feel that the GM's should've given players a "oh ya, heads up we're gonna nerf this card specifically". I really don't see why someone would even carry one card of any unit around, unless a Lawtia player wants to sacrifice the card for a deadly counterattack.
Romdeau

Postby Sarkath » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:45 pm

I really don't see why someone would even carry one card of any unit around

In order to save space so that you can make your deck more versatile or more effective. Like why have 3 assassins (as units) when you maybe just want to use that one-hit-kill action skill at rare occasions. That's right, why not just have one of it and only open the card when you have enough sp to use the action skill after the summoning. But this also means you need to know how and when to use it. It's pretty easy, but you better watch out so that you don't activate soul skills and get the card killed (that is if you ever suspect an offensive soul skill), and so on...

Cards that you rarely use, or use when you have defenses, and so on. Like Lilith, I only have one of it but still it seems never to die since I use it with care, and try to make it as untouchable as possible, and only use it when I feel it's necessary and try to keep as much SP on nights to the count of my lycans.

Eskatia for Lawtia players is a great example, who would have 3 of Eskatia? Low chance, realistically, you would have one or two if really lucky or a lot of wasted gran. But why would you get Eskatia killed on the frontline? You don't, you keep it where the opponent can't touch it. I'd be able to go a very long way with just one Eskatia, and would probably be enough for my deck. Although two would give me a insurance that my plan won't get screwed by a soul skill...

Also by having 2 or 3 for many cards, you won't have that much space in your deck, will you? This is why you also need to keep one card of some units, and more of another. Like, who would ever have 1 card for their frontline defense units that will be constantly under attack? Not a bright choice. 8-)

Anyways there's a lot of useage to just have one of cards, but I am aware of the advantage by having 2 or 3 of a card, but please do not overlook the useage of having one card of a unit.

I hope this might give you some improvements towards your slot management of your deck. :)
Sarkath out. :ugeek:
Sarkath

Postby Moratorius » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:49 pm

Sarkath wrote:Eskatia for Lawtia players is a great example, who would have 3 of Eskatia? Low chance, realistically, you would have one or two if really lucky or a lot of wasted gran. But why would you get Eskatia killed on the frontline? You don't, you keep it where the opponent can't touch it. I'd be able to go a very long way with just one Eskatia, and would probably be enough for my deck.

Anyone with any experience would immediately go after the Eskatia, so you'd probably need at least 2. Well... not that in matters in the tournament, almost every Lawtia player runs with three of them...
Moratorius

Postby Sarkath » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:51 pm

Anyone with any experience would immediately go after the Eskatia, so you'd probably need at least 2. Well... not that in matters in the tournament, every Lawtia player runs with three of them...

It all depends on your execution of strategy. Remember that you should force the opponent to make your card become as untouchable as possible. That's the way to go, your biggest threat as stated would be the grimoires, next soul skills and thirdly the ranged units.

Why would ranged units be third? Due to that if you are focusing on using lycans you will have some mighty damage with ranged units. Therefore you will have a lot of chances to attack what's behind the opponent's front line. Also most front lines have a range of 1, which means they won't attack your Eskatia or lycans. So you see how it will turn out if you just do it the right way. There's also some luck within this, due to the lycans wide range of options to attack.

There are some front line units that do put some threat on either lycans or eskatia. That would be any unit that can choose which unit to attack, within its range or over the whole battlefield (flying abilities). However it's still the same, as long you can execute it correctly, you will be able to accomplish most of its role with one card.

So, as said. Having one card of an unit can be very useful due to the fact you can put in other useful cards into the deck that might just be more worthwhile than having to lay out extra cards due to lack of unit resource management. It all comes down to mostly skill, and a minority of luck.

Also, if you put 3 cards into each unit, how much space will you have left? Not much, and that space could have been spent on grimoires that you can combine with your other cards to improve the situation while having that frontline defense, those lycans and that eskatia. But of course those people won't be able to do that since they got too many cards of several units. :)
Sarkath out. :ugeek:
Sarkath

Postby Moratorius » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:18 pm

Sarkath wrote:
Anyone with any experience would immediately go after the Eskatia, so you'd probably need at least 2. Well... not that in matters in the tournament, every Lawtia player runs with three of them...

It all depends on your execution of strategy. Remember that you should force the opponent to make your card become as untouchable as possible. That's the way to go, your biggest threat as stated would be the grimoires, next soul skills and thirdly the ranged units.

Why would ranged units be third? Due to that if you are focusing on using lycans you will have some mighty damage with ranged units. Therefore you will have a lot of chances to attack what's behind the opponent's front line. Also most front lines have a range of 1, which means they won't attack your Eskatia or lycans. So you see how it will turn out if you just do it the right way. There's also some luck within this, due to the lycans wide range of options to attack.

There are some front line units that do put some threat on either lycans or eskatia. That would be any unit that can choose which unit to attack, within its range or over the whole battlefield (flying abilities). However it's still the same, as long you can execute it correctly, you will be able to accomplish most of its role with one card.

So, as said. Having one card of an unit can be very useful due to the fact you can put in other useful cards into the deck that might just be more worthwhile than having to lay out extra cards due to lack of unit resource management. It all comes down to mostly skill, and a minority of luck.

Also, if you put 3 cards into each unit, how much space will you have left? Not much, and that space could have been spent on grimoires that you can combine with your other cards to improve the situation while having that frontline defense, those lycans and that eskatia. But of course those people won't be able to do that since they got too many cards of several units. :)

I've played a couple people who only had one Eskatia, and... uh... it doesn't work ;). Even DearestNight, who's probably the most proficient player at the moment with stratagem involving Eskatia, mentioned to me once that there were few times she could make it work until she obtained two copies. The sort of situation you describe, in which you can "execute it correctly" with low risk, is rather rare and doesn't last long.

Anyway, I'm derailing the topic... yes, sometimes just one copy of a unit can be enough, and it can be beneficial in giving you more room to work with.
Moratorius

Postby neonsun » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:49 pm

Friends plz do remember the starting idea of the thread
if an Iczer decides to run with 1 copy of a card ,it IS his choice to do so
however you shouldn't be forced by the rule to run just 1 copy, otherwise whatever the importance of the card ,the deck has been nerfed

PS : to reply to some funny young men , please don't leave the game after being beaten and say " this suxs , the dark deck is broken" ,
sheesh and thats without the lvl 6 units LOL
- also allow me to remind that yeeeees shades are not bugged their sole duty is to remove 2sp and yeeeees (u guessed it right) u are not able to summon cards due to lack of sp.(complains of a lvl 10+ player)

every unit is beatable even lebau (very difficult but doable).
neonsun

Postby Logress » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:29 pm

So here's the thing, the administrator tools are not exactly set up to block Soul Skills without blocking the whole card. I personally love LeBeau as a Unit card. One of the worst things about everyone jumping on the LeBeau SS bandwagon is that no one is using him on the field. That aside, the idea is that in this tournament you can try things out. What do you think every single person who has been playing with nothing but any non-Lawtia starter set? They're going to want to know how the other half lives and they're going to stick 2-3 of them in their soul cards. That doesn't sound like much fun at all. Also, since this is the first time people are getting to try out some awesome high rarity cards, they're really going to want to get some mileage out of them. And what's the no brainer way to keep a card alive longer? You guessed it.

The main issue with LeBeau is that while our cards' skills are approximate to the Japanese card's skills when they first started, the soul skills were revamped. Overall, there are a lot of cards in the Japanese game that make putting everything you got into one giant pile of DF not the best idea ever. Refess, in fact has many units with the power "Shield Breaker" which is one of those standard action skills like Lancer, Slash, Penetrate and Bash. It is like a Penetrate, except it destroys the enemy defense, setting it to 0. Gowen even has a power that penalizes the enemy for having a high DF. Right now there aren't any cards like that in the game, but in the Japanese game, by the time the LeBeau soul skill showed up on their cards, there were some already available. So, after a few more cards come out, the LeBeau problem will sort of take care of itself. It'll still be useful in many cases, but soon a standard deck will probably have a good number of ways around it, even if it wasn't specifically designed to be anti-LeBeau.

And then maybe he'll go back to the front line where he belongs.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion