Why Do You Love Lawtia

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Why Do You Love Lawtia

Postby Grain » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:34 pm

I know you people; don't deny it.

Out of the 8 people I've fought against so far in the tournament, 5 have been Lawtia.

It was somewhat annoying fighting 3 Lawtia Iczers consecutively.

I'm wondering why there haven't been as many Gowens.

So, why do you love Lawtia?
Grain

Re: Why Do You Love Lawtia

Postby shyster » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:50 pm

The primary reason is I have always been black, since I first started magic during 2nd edition I have always been black as primary.

Other reasons would be that they are the most varied in terms of skills and special abilities. They currently have the widest range of rare abilities giving you lots to choose from when planning a deck.

It was also the deck I choose for my starter so I am most familar with lawtia itself just as a deck. I had also been wanting to try numerous strategies with lawtia ever since I saw its card list. The only other deck I could play would be gowen because I have been defeated by it numerous times, so I have an idea of how it works. That however applies to the starter deck cards, how it would work with a full list I do not know, and did not want it to be my first attempt in the tourney. If my lawtia deck is disquallified I will move on to gowen, however I think I will probably just stay around five stars plus or minus three.

I have also fought about a few lawtia decks, more so than the others at least, I only have about seven games in so far though. In this instance it just kind of fun playing a mirror deck and seeing how has better luck, timing, or skill.

I hope that answer pleased you.
shyster

Postby Sarkath » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:03 pm

Lawtia, has the touch that I just love. Souls, Moon, darkness, sadistic (Like Killing Machine, Mad Priest and such)...
Also I love the Conditional/Night time abilities on several units. You prepare for the night to come, and then. The moon rises, the souls are gathered and your tamed monsters comes to life... The opponent get the "Uh oh" expression when you see Lilith mash out her Rejection of Life on every enemy unit, especially those weak support units.

Ah. Lawtia is very interesting, I never found Gowen and the others that much fun.
Sarkath out. :ugeek:
Sarkath

Postby DearestNight » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:57 pm

Lawtia was the kingdom I intended to play since first seeing the game. After looking through the Japanese card list, it was the one I was most attracted to in feel. I am fascinated by machinery, especially clocks and clocklike mechanisms, doll construction, and when it comes to games, situational circumstances. My constant run with Eskatia is for that very reason. I like my characters to have unique situational feels to them, one moment weak, the next incredibly strong, special abilities to truly shine at certain moments, etc. Both asthetically and gameplay-wise, I plan to stay Lawtia forever (though, I do intend to mix with Refess when dual spheres come).
Be a craftsman in speech that thou mayest be strong, for the strength of one is the tongue, and speech is mightier than all fighting. ~ Maxims of Ptahhotep, 3400 B.C.
DearestNight

Postby Moratorius » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:28 pm

Grain wrote:Out of the 8 people I've fought against so far in the tournament, 5 have been Lawtia.

I imagine a fair number of those were people who were trounced by Lawtia decks in the past (LeBeau) or present (Eskatia), and thus decided that... if you can't beat them, join them :P.
Moratorius

Postby ANIMEniac » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:18 pm

My first deck was Lawtia. It was chosen just from the idea that i wanted to try "dark" and be evil. I had no prior knowledge of the cards or what they really did. From playing, I've learned how to manage the deck and adapt to other players.

I love "tricks" in my playstyle, hence my reasons for playing splash type decks from the get go. I love Lawtia for their cards and abilities. With many of their units, you really have to time your moves well.
ANIMEniac

Postby thailehuy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:29 pm

Because killing 50 def+ card is fun with assassin
thailehuy

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:16 am

well I've been trying out all the clans I never played before and different deck strategies I always wanted to try, and among them was Lawtia. Incidentally, so far among all the clans I've tried (have not tried Refess my starter clan but ironically every refess opponent I've ran into regardless of which clan or deck I was running proved to be ridiculously easy wins, usually not even activating a single of my soul cards) Lawtia has been my most successful, I've not lost a match yet with any of my Lawtia builds. I've played all 4 clans with my lawtia decks too. So that said, I can understand why Lawtia is so popular, with access to 3 of all their rarest cards they really do have some sick tricks and amazing combos. I think Falkow and Gowen can be plenty amazing too, but I also think people are pretty sick of running gowen since their so popular in the real game so alot of those players are trying new things.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Return to Alteil General Discussion