now it is my turn to rant

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

now it is my turn to rant

Postby erestor » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:31 am

i just played a match against someone that did a low dirty game.
they began bringing out a falrart shield, that didnt bother me even after they started to beef up its df to 60. i knew after a couple of fire arrows and a couple soul cards i would be able to beat down all its revives. i actually took more damage from their sc then from them attacking. then they brought out a phoenix and that card is just way to powerful hp of 90 and only 3 sp to revive. i dont really care that the person used a cheap trick some people need to win so badly because they need to be the best at something that doesnt matter; what i care about is the fact that phoenix is over powered at least require more sp to revive. seriousely it requires 2 sp for animated dead to revive and it is only a lvl one, phoenix is a lvl 6, something is wrong here.
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Re: now it is my turn to rant

Postby ANIMEniac » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:44 am

I think you are missing something here. The Lawtians that regenerate cost 1-2 sp. Reviving at 3 sp is a lot. Also consider that Pheonix is lvl 6, so it is very difficult to bring it out. Other than it's revive, it doesn't have that much going for it. Many other lvl 6 can do lots of damage.
ANIMEniac

Postby neonsun » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:29 am

Your turn to rant ??
dont make me come to ur house. i m the rant guy !!!! LOL LOL LOL

1-that aside i feel your pain, are u gowen ,most probably u are (u seem to lack penetrate ability) , the only real advice i can give u is either be quick about killing his shield, keep multiple copies of fire arrow and release it early when sphere vl =5
2- get some assassins in ur SS ,or other card wih effect. "make 1 friendly hp= 0 in the same time as make 1 annoying b.stard = 0 "

the idea would be to not let him gather high SP
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Postby thailehuy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:13 am

You let someone buff up 50 def on a card (at least 1 SS and 2 raise shield = 6 SP) Then raise their sphere level to 6, save up to 6 SP and bring out the phoenix, then still have 6 SP in spare to revive the phoenix ?

Seriously I found this is more of a joke than a rant.

If you are gowen, use berserker and salamander

If you are falkow, use return

If you are refess, use lightspear woman

If you are lawtia, use assasin/magic doll/elite knight
thailehuy

Postby Grain » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:58 pm

thailehuy wrote:You let someone buff up 50 def on a card (at least 1 SS and 2 raise shield = 6 SP) Then raise their sphere level to 6, save up to 6 SP and bring out the phoenix, then still have 6 SP in spare to revive the phoenix ?

I agree with this.

The phoenix strategy has only worked twice for me.

Once against a fellow Refess, and another time against a very bad Gowen player who didn't play a single card until turn 4.

3 SP is a very hefty toll unless you have tons of SP to spare.

If you let your opponent generate that much SP, well, now you know how to set your priorities! :lol:

I'm kind of curious as to how you, with a Gowen deck, manage to not kill a Refess card fast enough that it could get so much defense? Did they have several dryad soul skills?
Grain

Postby Phades » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:09 pm

I call shenanigans on this too. Even if the guy he played against had kurina set as a SS and used 3 dryads to pump defense constantly, a magic weaponed combat monk can knock that shield warrior out easily. Even if he somehow failed to do that, the opponent had ZERO offensive capability in return initially that allowed him to do anything he wanted... And seriously, fire tornado anyone? lol...
Phades

Postby Romdeau » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:15 pm

I think I've played against the player you're describing in crest-I barely won as Lawtia and he used 2 copies of solar prince to make sure my night bonuses didn't come around. Unless you have Eskatia to counter him, you're pretty much hosed against this strategy as lawtia. Sure there are some penetration skills to work around that massive DF, but solar prince can heal his shield man for 12 hp (not to mention Folart's standby) and use Will-o-Wisp (zomg they have a purpose!) to beef him up. If you really want to be the cherry on top, why not throw in Cassoway King to make sure that nobody hits anything except that ridiculously beefed folart shield with his Dryad/Wisps assisting as meat shields while he's generating SP with puffballs (or if you're lucky and not in the tournament Light Chaser).

The person whom used this strategy against me was missing the Kingster so I eventually got lucky and killed his prince off and used SS to kill off his knight. I have tried using this strategy a few times and replaced the Phoenix with Dragon Rider and it only worked once against Gowen. It failed twice against Lawtia-because of Eskatia and Annarose. Eskatia just one hits the solar prince or sucks your knight's health dry and Annarose just uses her skill to engage Dragon Rider. Even if u manage to pull this off and get this far (which I did), it's pointless if she just tames your poor pet every turn for a measely 1 sp.

I'm curious if anyone's performed (or been on the receiving end) of a successful Refess strategy in the tournament against any clan except its own. Please describe it (don't give too much away), as I would gladly like to hear about it :mrgreen:
Romdeau

Postby Grain » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:38 pm

I managed to play a Phoenix and give it 90 attack against a Gowen player.

This Gowen play didn't play a single card until they had raised their sphere to 9 (That's 5 turns with no cards on the field.).

I'm not sure if I won because of the strategy, or because the Gowen Iczer was just really bad.
Last edited by Grain on Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grain

Postby Romdeau » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:44 pm

Well at least he got to 9 and ranked up his Brave Soldier... :roll:
Romdeau

Return to Alteil General Discussion