Cards from bought starters are Recyclable

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Cards from bought starters are Recyclable

Postby GunCastor » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:16 pm

Now that everyone has had a chance to try out cards from different colors, I just wanted this little tidbit out since I never found this information anywhere else before. You get all the cards found in a starter set, including those extra cards on the side. But they don't have the little symbol in the corner so they're all recyclable. So those cards you don't need can be traded in for gran.
GunCastor

Re: Cards from bought starters are Recyclable

Postby neonsun » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:22 am

in simpler words: any card with NO yellow/green shield on the side IS recyclable, cards at lvl up, treasure battles and booster packs
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Postby GunCastor » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:02 am

I know that, I thought that starters bought with gran would have the yellow/green shields as well. They don't.
GunCastor

Postby EvilGenius » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:08 am

GunCastor wrote:Now that everyone has had a chance to try out cards from different colors, I just wanted this little tidbit out since I never found this information anywhere else before. You get all the cards found in a starter set, including those extra cards on the side. But they don't have the little symbol in the corner so they're all recyclable. So those cards you don't need can be traded in for gran.

This is excellent news. Thanks for confirming this.
EvilGenius

Postby AnnaTheRed » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:28 am

The yellow/green shields are called "Shoshinsha mark", and it is something that "new Japanese drivers must display on their cars for one year. (You must display this mark one in front of the car, and one on back of the car, after you take a standard driver's licence, for one year. This obligation is only for standard licence, not for motorcycle, large vehicle, special car, etc.)" (Thank you, wikipedia!)
The symbol is to tell others "I'm a beginner!"

Of course, in Alteil, using cards with this symbol doesn't make you a beginner. (It just means that the cards are from beginner's/starter file)
It's funny that Japanese staff actually asked us if we wanted to take the symbol off for the U.S. release first.
But since this game is Japanese, we told them we'd want to keep it, it adds a nice Japanese touch. Don't you agree?

There are many "shoshinsha mark" products in Japan. I wonder if Iczers will want a sticker of this symbol... ;)

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby Chronomaster » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:04 am

AnnaTheRed wrote:The yellow/green shields are called "Shoshinsha mark", and it is something that "new Japanese drivers must display on their cars for one year. (You must display this mark one in front of the car, and one on back of the car, after you take a standard driver's licence, for one year. This obligation is only for standard licence, not for motorcycle, large vehicle, special car, etc.)" (Thank you, wikipedia!)
The symbol is to tell others "I'm a beginner!"

Of course, in Alteil, using cards with this symbol doesn't make you a beginner. (It just means that the cards are from beginner's/starter file)
It's funny that Japanese staff actually asked us if we wanted to take the symbol off for the U.S. release first.
But since this game is Japanese, we told them we'd want to keep it, it adds a nice Japanese touch. Don't you agree?

There are many "shoshinsha mark" products in Japan. I wonder if Iczers will want a sticker of this symbol... ;)

AnnaTheRed
;a40

This mark also appears in many Bemani titles. Most familiar, on a character in the DDR series.

But it does not appear in Beatmania. That's because there is no Beginner in Beatmania. :V
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby erestor » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:36 am

i wound't mind buying one
not to show i am a beginner but because it shows up on the starter cards
i am a sucker for pointless things
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby EvilGenius » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:51 am

erestor wrote:i wound't mind buying one
not to show i am a beginner but because it shows up on the starter cards
i am a sucker for pointless things

I'd love to have one as part of my avatar. Maybe on the bottom left corner. ;a18
EvilGenius

Postby GunCastor » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:34 pm

Just another note, I noticed that a lot of decks trying to splash colors like to use a lot of level 1 cards from other colors. So let's say you have $10 to spend one day for gran. Most TCG Starter decks cost around that much, right? Anyways, instead of buying boosters and hoping to pull them, buy the starters for those level 1 cards. Plus you have another deck to kinda mess around with. All the extras can be recycled.

Falkow Starter -> Sylph x3, Undine x2, Song Sorceress x2 (Edited, thanks SlashZero)
Gowen Starter -> Magic Weapon x1, Dryad x2, Salamander x3, Exploding Spores x1 (Thanks to erestor for the info)
Lawtia Starter -> Shade x3, Animated Dead x?, Turn to dustx? (Thanks to Proxy and Grain for the information)
Refess Starter -> Kesaran Pasaran x2, Will o' Wisp x2, Boy Combat Preist x2
Last edited by GunCastor on Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
GunCastor

Postby erestor » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:41 am

gowen is correct
dont forget exploding spores...that is a good card to have if you have a hp boost to raise its max hp
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion