Alpha tester bonus

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Alpha tester bonus

Postby ammms » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:58 pm

I have 2 questions about the bonus for alpha testers.

1. It seems that the Gran (Gold) and FM can't be brought along to the real game after the beta test. Nor the cards that we bought during the alpha and beta test. So do we get a chance to pick a new starter or are we stuck with the starters we picked during the alpha/beta tests?

2. The only thing that alpha testers can bring along to the real game is the experience. According to my gaming experience in the Japanese server. Player can get a free card after each promotion. So let's say I get to level 5 in beta and are rewarded 4 new cards. Will I be able to keep these 4 new cards in the real game or will they just be reset as well? I think it may be a disadvantage to the alpha testers if they can't keep the rewarded cards and at the same time they start with a higher game level. As it will become more and more difficult to promote in late game.
got light?
ammms

Re: Alpha tester bonus

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:12 pm

Well I think you answered your first question with your second question, if the only thing thats transferring is experience I don't see how our starters could be transfered. I'm of course not anyone official so I suppose I could be wrong but it seems VERY unlikely

As for your second question, thats a very good question I could come up with some guesses as to how they might go about handling that situation but it'd be pure speculation.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby ammms » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:00 am

I raise my first question because I guess some beginners may pick the starter file that they don't like (or is kinda weak). It may be a good idea to let them choose a new one after the beta test. ;)
got light?
ammms

Postby Logress » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:04 pm

You'll be able to choose a new starter for the beta, and I think a new starter for the launch, too. Experience will be carried over from the beta to the launch, (not sure about from the Alpha to the beta since the accounts aren't the same.) The way the exp carry over will work is that the exp will be carried over but not your card choices (you get cards every time you level up). So if you're level 3, you've got two extra cards of your choice. These will not carry over, but the first time you go to the Arena after launch, it will ask you to choose both again.
So, as a nice bonus, if you don't like your choice during the beta, you can always choose something different when the game goes live. This is all in addition to the freebies we'll be giving Alphas and Betas. I don't know, Alphas, how about a pet or an avatar that looks like the "waiting sphere"?
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby reydien » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:08 pm

Logress wrote:I don't know, Alphas, how about a pet or an avatar that looks like the "waiting sphere"?

That actually gave me a great idea for a forum avatar. Unfortunately, 90x90 and 6 KiB is not a lot to work with :(
"Select the pistol, and then, select your horse."
reydien

Postby ammms » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:34 pm

Thank you, Logress.
That's absolutely a very nice bonus!
got light?
ammms

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:13 am

Good idea. It'll definitely be unique.

-Az

Postby numerrik » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:25 pm

I like that, a special "sensei" Avi/waiting sphere pet for Alphas and possibly the holiday cards for the betas.
numerrik

Postby Tocanis » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:01 am

I think anything that is given to us is a bonus, I already feel gifted to have been able to be part of the alpha "testing". ;)

;a39
Tocanis

Return to Alteil General Discussion