MOST SERIOUS RANT ever: EX cards !!!!!

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

MOST SERIOUS RANT ever: EX cards !!!!!

Postby neonsun » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:26 am

what the ..........
no seriously ........
400 gran for 3 cards !!!!!!!!!!!!! 400 gran for 3 cards !!!!!
whats next : 1 card for 1000gran ????????????
Seriously , serioulsy unacceptabe !!!!
i m mean a normal booster pack for 1.5gran was "acceptable even thou real life card games are half if not a a fourth of the price (comparing number of cards).
but 4 dollars for 3 cards is way way way way overthe top !!!

Game has several imbalances ,i understand, u tell us to be patient i understand , [insert bad thing with alteil here ] i say i /we understand !!
BUT 4 DOLLARS FOR 3 CARDS is way way too much

this also gets me thinking ,what is going to be the expansion booster price ???
Now i m not talking as a free player now , i m talking as a customer.
What should this customer be expecting when expansions get here ? a 3doll for 2 expansion card deal.
No thank you i d rather save my money ,quit the game ,ohhh and ......................... RANT !!!!
Last edited by neonsun on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Re: MOST SERIOUS RANT ever !!!!!

Postby neonsun » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:30 am

LOL
now considering that the average player in alteil does the beginner 4 star mirrage thing for 10 gran
this means that he will be able to buy this set in 40 days ---> now thats hilarious LOL LOL LOL
ROFLMAO
neonsun

Re: MOST SERIOUS RANT ever !!!!!

Postby EvilGenius » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:04 am

4 dollars is a bit much for 3 cards... 1 of which is just a 2 star. The Angels better be damn good.
EvilGenius

Re: MOST SERIOUS RANT ever: EX cards !!!!!

Postby neonsun » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:12 am

let me break it down:
lawtia ex pack : angel+ XXXX + leonardo
leonardo NORMALLY costs 30gran
this makes it : angel+XXXX = 4.70 gran for 2 cards,
angel = 2.35 $

Anyone else sees something wrong with this ??????
neonsun

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:21 pm

The way this rant is written comes off to me more as obnoxious then it does as serious, but I will agree with it. Generally speaking to play a unit you want to have 3 of them, that means just to collect a playable set of one of the 4 packs cards you'll need 1200 gran. At 10 gran a day via mirage master and 10 more a week via weekly rankings that 80 gran per week, thats 1 pack after 35 days, 2 packs in 70 days, and well the packs are only available for 2 months as I heard so really unless you had alot of gran saved up coming into this release that means odds are you will only be able to get a single pack. That basically means the only reason to even save up for this is because theirs a card you want a single copy of to use as a soul card (or possibly for the lawtia angel who I can't really see anyone running more then 1 of in a deck anyway do to her effect).

It also means that if your trying to save up for this, instead of getting a new card every 3 days to keep you interested in the game, your getting nothing for over a month! Not many people are going to keep coming back day after day for something like that.

Then there's the fact these cards are so anti-killing machine... yet the people who need anti-killing machine cards most are the people who don't have much money. There are already several decent cards for dealing with killing machine available in the game, the problem is just that they were generally rare cards so only people who spent money or go lucky on their level ups/treasure battles acquired them, it was the people who didn't have tons of money to spend who needed these new anti-lebeau options yet the pricing assures they are still not getting their hands on them.

Lastly... 45 bucks for a playset of these cards is ridiculous even for those with money. Maybe some people were born into money but I earned my money the hard way and the reason I have any money to spend on games like this is because I spend it wisely, getting the most bang for my buck. Just the other day I went down to a game stop and bought 3 top seller used x-box games from a gamestop for 20 bucks (each about 10 bucks, buy 2 get 1 free). Having to choose between 8 cards I didn't have before or 6 x-box/ps2 games I didn't have before, I think its pretty easy to see which is the best bang for my buck (especially when there are card games available as well and they generally come with about 300 cards).

I basically went from planning to earn about 6 packs through mirage master and buy the other 6 with money, to seeing this huge price tag and instead realizing I'll be lucky to get 1 pack through mirage master and would rather invest my money else where then spend such huge values to get the rest of the packs. Its a shame but I just don't see this as being worth my money.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Daunt » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:33 pm

No ones being forced to buy the EX cards.
Everyones being forced to buy to be competitive.

I mean I am not against paying for a game, I played console for a while.
I am a competitive end game raider in the biggest man made money and time sink invented next to Warhammer, World of Warcraft.
But even I question the cost for these packs, like I said your not being forced to buy the cards, unless you want to be competitive then its bending your arm quite severely, especially if your gowen.
Daunt

Postby shyster » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:09 pm

Daunt wrote:Everyones being forced to buy to be competitive.

I think I take issue with this statement the most, not that it is not untrue. I feel this way, because the only other CCG I really ever played, was magic. However in magic once you had your deck you did not have to invest in anymore cards, you might have because you wanted to make extra decks or just becaues the cards were cool, whatever.

My point being I could stand toe to toe with a second edition deck, versus someone who had cards from beta and up.

Why because of strategy. Things like bad hand draws could be altered or fixed, by changing your deck around. If you made each and every card in your deck valuable then you would rarely have a bad draw.

I am getting way off topic here, but the point is, in magic you had physical cards, that you could physcially trade with others to make up for things your deck was lacking. In this game even if I bought a pack and got say thunderbolt, a 5 star rare, it would not do me any good since I do not play that color. Sure I could recycle it and get two new packs, but if in the two new packs all I got were level twos and below then I just got screwed.

This is also true with the new EX sets, really who would need three Lawtia angels, at most two could be used, if one was used for counterattacking. The third is just a wasted card, and its soul skill is not good enough to warrent use. However the XXXX is worth having three of, I would totally use three of him, but if I have to pay a premium because that crappy angel is included, it is not worth it.
shyster

Postby Logress » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:35 pm

Weeeee flames! So I'm writing this from my laptop with a cell phone plugged into the side on the road to Otakon. For the record, when we started putting together the EX Pack release last week I was voting for a little cheaper. Also, I did a quick grab on our database, pulled out everyone who has never used the cashier and checked on how much Gran they've spent in the first 3 weeks of the game. I figured it was possible to collect a decent amount of Gran by playing Mirage Master, getting ranking Gran, and Recycling. I was surprised to see that 400 Gran spent in 3 weeks of doing this was pretty common, and we even have a decent number of players who have already spent 800+ Gran without using the Cashier. That's over 3 weeks, and this pack is up for about 9 weeks. As for what's better, getting these as a sure thing or trying for high rarity basic set cards, well we'll have to see how the metagame plays out now first. I can tell you my prediction, I think Noirweiden's Close Skill and Bulregid's Soul Skill are going to have the biggest impact on the game. I think the Refess Angel will really help the overall playability of Refess decks, because they reliy so much on SP, and I think Rougeest augments Gowen's strengths, ranking up and versatility in a fast paced environment, but I'm not sure if it'll help against Files already designed to get around those strengths. As for the anti-LeBeau stuff on the EX cards, I think it's enough now that there are more versitile ways out there to deal with DF, so people will be less likely to depend on it. Like I've said on many occasions, the basic skills for each card are pretty close to the initial Japanese release, but the soul Skills are all different. By the time a card came out with the equivilent to LeBeau's SS in Japan, there were a lot more choices when picking anti-defense cards. I don't think the intention of the EX cards was to arm everyone against Lebeau, just give everyone more choices and make Lawtia players think twice before tossing him into their Soul Cards.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby neonsun » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:39 pm

quick review : from Merriam - webster

ob·nox·ious
Pronunciation:
\äb-ˈnäk-shəs, əb-\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Latin obnoxius, from ob in the way of, exposed to + noxa harm — more at noxious
Date:
1archaic : exposed to something unpleasant or harmful —used with to2archaic : deserving of censure3: odiously or disgustingly objectionable : highly offensive
— ob·nox·ious·ly adverb
— ob·nox·ious·ness noun

Even thou the term does not apply to my post , i APOLOGIZE to anyone who has found my post as highly offensive,odiously objectionable.
To my defense i did write that post after 1 - waiting all night for those packs, 2- jumping to the ceiling after seeing the price and 3 - how anti lebeau these cards are !
neonsun

Postby Detrian » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:44 pm

By the time a card came out with the equivilent to LeBeau's SS in Japan, there were a lot more choices when picking anti-defense cards. I don't think the intention of the EX cards was to arm everyone against Lebeau, it was to arm everyone against Lebeau AND make us filthy rich.
Detrian

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion