so let's talk about EX cards

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

so let's talk about EX cards

Postby teasel » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:31 am

Refess Angel - kinda unimpressed... i don't see the soul skill as flessible... the small heal when you summon it is nice and it gives another way to generate mana (and a first if dumb purpose for verlaat) for a lv 3 her stats seems too low with the only exception of agi (is she's the first refess unit with an agi of 4?)
Zagar EX - bear killer stats with a defense breaker effect,i like it a lot
Lawtia Angel - you mean this thing never dies? oh wait 20 HP :( maybe someone will find it a way to abuse it but it seems the weaker of all the angels
XXXX - i like "everybody dies" effect a lot,the fact that it's slapped to a lv 3 body don't matter too much
Gowen Angel - HOLY ****! super panther soul on a body! i expect lot of people **** about this gal for this alone... her stats aren't shabby if ranked up... i'm not sure i do understand her SS (is the lv up + 2 to make it harder to bounce gowen unit? or is that so you get more mana when they die?) but it sounds absolutely devastating! i'm buying 3 ex pack of gowen as soon as i gets the gran
Defeu EX - yet another solution to lebeau but sadly this one too has 20 HP so the opponent will just play flesh recycle or bounce it if playing falkow :/ i don't see this making any big difference when berserker failed to do it his stats are also the lowest i have ever seen
Falkow Angel - i guess the SS is for those people who are trying to make the game drags more? agi screwing skill are always good although with a single -2 you are putting stuff like the monk at 3 which is still around the same of most falkow unit... doing 20 damage and bypassing defense is nice
Vordore EX - yet another anti lebeau card the AT of 20 is kinda low and i'm not sure most falkow deck care about the 4 agi considering they pack undine/slyphy/song sorcerer... i'm kinda unimpressed
EDIT: 400 gran? are you kidding me? so much for the free game :/ i find it especialy fun when 3 (well we could say 4 since XXXX ignores defense anyway) of these cards are antilebeau cards,it's like somebody kidnapped the fun in the game and is asking for a ransom... aren't 1000 gran 10 dollars? wouldn't that mean that to get 3 copy of each card you would have to pay 50$ or you could buy something real instead :/
teasel

Re: so let's talk about EX cards

Postby ManiacalSoul » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:54 am

That gowen angel seems pretty ridiculous as an SC (rank up AND atk + 20 AND +2 lvs AND full heal to all friendly units), and as a unit yeah, it does seem like a nice panther soul for all, and as for defau, his anti-lebeau skill is an open skill, so he doesn't have to survive. I figure somebody is gonna be able to build a strat around the falkow angel's SS. As for the lawtia angel maybe will-O-wisp will actually have a use combined w/a high LP deck. Overall looks like lots of anti-lebeau skills too.

EDIT: 1 Question about Noirweiden though, is it gonna work like animate dead if its flesh recycled in that it will attempt to revive only once before closing permanently, or will it drain all of the player's LP if that happens?
ManiacalSoul

Postby Taiki » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:22 am

From what the card says... I'm pretty sure Noirweiden fully recovers HP and then you loose 1 LP. Note that it says LP. Not SP, LP. ;attack XD wow that's glorious... I sure hope Flesh Recycle doesn't make it loop forever.
Taiki

Postby EvilGenius » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:29 am

Taiki wrote:From what the card says... I'm pretty sure Noirweiden fully recovers HP and then you loose 1 LP. Note that it says LP. Not SP, LP. ;attack XD wow that's glorious... I sure hope Flesh Recycle doesn't make it loop forever.

If Flesh Recycle makes you lose all your SP when it hits Animated Dead, then yes, I can see this looping forever. I doubt it does, though.
EvilGenius

Postby ManiacalSoul » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:31 am

EvilGenius wrote:
Taiki wrote:From what the card says... I'm pretty sure Noirweiden fully recovers HP and then you loose 1 LP. Note that it says LP. Not SP, LP. ;attack XD wow that's glorious... I sure hope Flesh Recycle doesn't make it loop forever.

If Flesh Recycle makes you lose all your SP when it hits Animated Dead, then yes, I can see this looping forever. I doubt it does, though.

Flesh recycle only makes you lose 2 sp if it hits animate dead, i was asking if Noirweiden would work the same way, making you lose only 1 LP, or if it would loop forever.
ManiacalSoul

Postby EvilGenius » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:33 am

teasel wrote:EDIT: 400 gran? are you kidding me? so much for the free game :/ i find it especialy fun when 3 (well we could say 4 since XXXX ignores defense anyway) of these cards are antilebeau cards,it's like somebody kidnapped the fun in the game and is asking for a ransom... aren't 1000 gran 10 dollars? wouldn't that mean that to get 3 copy of each card you would have to pay 50$ or you could buy something real instead :/

If you buy your Gran, then, yes, it will cost $50, and you'll have 1200 Gran left over.

Re: Maniacalsoul. In that case, you probably only lose 1 LP.
EvilGenius

Postby neonsun » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 am

i already ranted about this but allow me to again :
this is more of lets talk about ...getting scre..d

Who in right mind would use that lawtia angel. She doesnt bring anything new to the table ...at all
on the other hand the iron soldier might be the only usefull i can use but i wont buy it at 4$ !!!if i want 3 copies :12$

LOL LOL ROFLMAO !!!
Last edited by neonsun on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Postby Rift120 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:53 am

ManiacalSoul wrote:
EvilGenius wrote:

Flesh recycle only makes you lose 2 sp if it hits animate dead, i was asking if Noirweiden would work the same way, making you lose only 1 LP, or if it would loop forever.

okay thats just wrong... if ANimate dead reviving still keeps DF bonus... than alterations to its HP by flesh recycle should stay ebtween revivings as well.
Rift120

Postby ManiacalSoul » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:04 am

Rift120 wrote:okay thats just wrong... if ANimate dead reviving still keeps DF bonus... than alterations to its HP by flesh recycle should stay ebtween revivings as well.

Animate dead closes permanently if flesh recycled, but it only costs it's user 2sp.
ManiacalSoul

Postby teasel » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:45 am

personaly i was excited for the EX packs because i thought the new cards would breath new life into the game and the gift common would help granless player to help make the jump to other color easier (leonardo,archer) or just improve their deck (blitz soldier,deep squid) however at that price it will be already impossible to buy even 2 of those things! the EX cards are also all anti lebeau cards with the exception of the lawtia one which really makes you wonder if the developer just don't want your money... they would be pointless if lebeau just didn't exist! as for the angel,the refess and falkow seems playable but not spectacular,the lawtia one is just gimmicky and the gowen one seems overpowered
just to make people understand how ridiculous overpriced these things are,assuming i recycled my entire collection of cards gained so far i would get 265 gran,that's just a little tad more than half a pack
teasel

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion