so let's talk about EX cards

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: so let's talk about EX cards

Postby Romdeau » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:46 am

This really does seem too much for some pixels that are gonna go away after the first 2 months I use them- I don't really think this is a good investement at all considering that these packs only come with 3 cards per 4 dollars. For free users, this is gonna take at least 2-3 weeks just to save enough gran to buy one of these things-let alone the 2 or 3 that you'll need to be able to put any of these cards into action. It just doesn't seem feasible-spending all that time on mirage master/playing games/recycling just to have those cards disappear within a couple of weeks.

Pretty weak.
Romdeau

Postby teasel » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:53 am

uh you do keep the cards but yeah what you said
teasel

Postby EvilGenius » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:04 am

teasel wrote:personaly i was excited for the EX packs because i thought the new cards would breath new life into the game and the gift common would help granless player to help make the jump to other color easier (leonardo,archer) or just improve their deck (blitz soldier,deep squid) however at that price it will be already impossible to buy even 2 of those things! the EX cards are also all anti lebeau cards with the exception of the lawtia one which really makes you wonder if the developer just don't want your money... they would be pointless if lebeau just didn't exist! as for the angel,the refess and falkow seems playable but not spectacular,the lawtia one is just gimmicky and the gowen one seems overpowered
just to make people understand how ridiculous overpriced these things are,assuming i recycled my entire collection of cards gained so far i would get 265 gran,that's just a little tad more than half a pack

I agree about the Gowen angel being very powerful. ;a40
EvilGenius

Postby Tenkai » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:19 am

I have a question regarding the EX packs: So each pack contains excatly the 3 cards listed on the website for the respective spheres? So If one buys 3 packs he will get 3 copies of each card? So if that's the case you will need around 1200 Gran = 11$ = 92 Cent/Card, quite expensive if you ask me.

My thoughts on the cards:

Refess Angel: Really not worth the money and the slots in your deck. She is like a worse version of the gowen dual-wielder with +1SP every 3 turns but without the 1st row control skills. Yes, she has high agi but her low attack won't kill anything of the enemy frontunits (except Haste Soldier, but any other frontunit can kill it) and she lacks the DEF the other Refess frontunits have. Her SC ability is another medicore one: most of the time you either just revived your units or they are close to full health anyway.

Ex Zagar: Again not worth the money and the slots in your deck. The normal Zagar version is superior, because he has a high chance to one shot any enemy unit in the mid-endgame. The EX version just deals -30HP. And running 3 copies of the EX version just because of his anti LeBeau skills is just plain stupid when you can have the normal Zagar. As SC card he could be a good counter against LeBeau buffed units (except Zombie Lord / Animated Dead, Assasin is way better for this job).

Lawita Angel: This one is a glass cannon: LVL4 with 20HP and 10 DEF? She will get oneshotted by almost any unit ingame but can dishout very good damage if she survives. But here is another problem: her close skill will make the SC control->random in the midgame. And endgame it can cost you the match. AS SC: same as EX Zagar.

EX Broken Iron Soldier: A tricky unit, because his skill will affect ALL units but if used correctly could be devasting for the enemy. This one is a really good SC for the beginning: it will mostlikely affect all the enemy units (lvl3 and lower).

Gowen Angel: Hands down the best card in the EX packs: nothing more to say, just look at her skills!!! Every gowen user will know what I mean. SC: I wouldn't use her as SC, she is way to good on the field.

EX DeFau: Useless card IMHO. The normal version (lvl3) is superior and gowen already has alot of good lvl2 units. His anti-LeBeau skill alone is not worth to put him in the deck instead of the normal version. SC: the SC skill (-3SP for enemy) is only god in the endgame and it's hard to time it right: there a better SC cards out there.

Falkow Angel: Not bad, her skills could be very useful and she has a range of 3. SC: don't like the skills, because it only make the game longer.

EX Azure Dragon: This has to be a bad joke LOL: who in his right mind would use the EX version instead of the regular one? SC: only good if you can use the EX (as SC) and the regular version (field) at the same time.
Last edited by Tenkai on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tenkai

Postby teasel » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:27 am

EX version and normal version are different card in fact you can have both the EX version and the normal version on the field
also i noticed that the gowen angel has [do this]/[do this]/[do this] so maybe you don't get all the effect but only one? i wonder if the one you gets is random... why write the skill in that way when it could be [do this/do this/do this]
teasel

Postby shyster » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:08 am

I agree with all the posts so far, 400 Gran for these POS cards. The only good ones that are even worth considering would be the gowen pack. They get that kick **** angel who SS is totally awesome, but what is more than that is it an even better field card. I really think that Gowen got way to much love with this pack, they were already one of the better decks and the addition of this angel who is only level 2 makes them even more insane.

The iron breaker XXXX is totally useful for Lawtia, but the angel herself, cannot be used without considerable discretion. In fact the only real use for her, is if you combine colors as someone already said and give her at least two hp buffs with the wisp. The only other use for her would be as a base for a counterattack since she has one of the highest attacks of a lower level Lawtia. Again though that is pretty useless since you have XXXX who would be cheaper to pull it off with and is just a better card all around. The fact that she only has 20 hp means anything will kill her, any SS that does 30 damage, any unit with penetrate, any 30+ damage unit, most of the new cards which have direct damage attacks, etc...

I guess I will continue playing this game for a while, but once I hit folart if all I am receiving is losses I probably will not stay long, screwing the free players with this kind of stuff is unbelievable.
shyster

Postby ANIMEniac » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:02 pm

Quote from the News page
"For those of you who don't buy Gran, you are not going to want to miss on this opportunity. However, if you get a little Gran from Mirage Master, Recycling and the Ranking, you should be able to buy a few packs before the two months is up."

I probably should have read posts before going off to buy a pack. Really now, 400 Gran for 3 cards is just too much. Not only is the cost/value awful, you are also just proving more to the point how unfriendly this game can be to new/free players.

Mirage master gives you what? 10-15 gran a day at least. Ranking on average is about 40-50 if you are a good player. More if you are a very skilled and competitive players (not likely when you are free). Recycle? Recycle what cards? Free users barely get any as is...

I just don't like it how this game is made out to be friendly to the "free" (being able to compete and do okay w/o paying). Then something nice comes along as a "special" that is supposedly for everyone, yet in reality it mainly caters to those who buys. And worst yet, it is even making buyers turn their heads...
ANIMEniac

Postby Phades » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:48 pm

The gowen angel in conjunction with the AD:EX version in a SS trigger is going to be a stupidly strong combination for gowen players out there able to pull it off right. Army goes from 3~4 agl to 4~5 outpacing everyone automatically, while also giving dryad SS defense to everyone (which prevents the 30 damage row/columb damage or tempest K.O.s) and more atk. Then the angel either used to enhance rankup effects or force the effects to happen... Seriously, did they need to put in more panther soul effects?

The rest of the cards = anti lebeau SS. :roll: Heh, at least refress got 1 playable card out of the deal.
Phades

Postby Logress » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:36 pm

Weeeee flames! So I'm writing this from my laptop with a cell phone plugged into the side on the road to Otakon. For the record, when we started putting together the EX Pack release last week I was voting for a little cheaper. Also, I did a quick grab on our database, pulled out everyone who has never used the cashier and checked on how much Gran they've spent in the first 3 weeks of the game. I figured it was possible to collect a decent amount of Gran by playing Mirage Master, getting ranking Gran, and Recycling. I was surprised to see that 400 Gran spent in 3 weeks of doing this was pretty common, and we even have a decent number of players who have already spent 800+ Gran without using the Cashier. That's over 3 weeks, and this pack is up for about 9 weeks. As for what's better, getting these as a sure thing or trying for high rarity basic set cards, well we'll have to see how the metagame plays out now first. I can tell you my prediction, I think Noirweiden's Close Skill and Bulregid's Soul Skill are going to have the biggest impact on the game. I think the Refess Angel will really help the overall playability of Refess decks, because they reliy so much on SP, and I think Rougeest augments Gowen's strengths, ranking up and versatility in a fast paced environment, but I'm not sure if it'll help against Files already designed to get around those strengths. As for the anti-LeBeau stuff on the EX cards, I think it's enough now that there are more versitile ways out there to deal with DF, so people will be less likely to depend on it. Like I've said on many occasions, the basic skills for each card are pretty close to the initial Japanese release, but the soul Skills are all different. By the time a card came out with the equivilent to LeBeau's SS in Japan, there were a lot more choices when picking anti-defense cards. I don't think the intention of the EX cards was to arm everyone against Lebeau, just give everyone more choices and make Lawtia players think twice before tossing him into their Soul Cards.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby EvilGenius » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:06 pm

I really, really want to invest money into this game, but seeing the price on these Ex-packs has made me reluctant. If this is going to be the trend for future Expansions, it makes me wonder if I should even spend money in the first place. I can't afford $50 every month on a game like this.
EvilGenius

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion