How EX-TREME are you?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

How EX-TREME are you?

Postby Savin877 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:53 pm

So how far will you go to at least try to get those EX cards as a free player. I believe this image says just how far I will go to try to get 1 of those packs before these 2 months are up. Don't ask me how long it took :lol: . Even Intermediate-PRO cannot stand in my way.

Savin877

Re: How EX-TREME are you?

Postby Romdeau » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:59 pm

That's ridiculous.

Good luck :mrgreen:
Romdeau

Postby teasel » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:08 pm

meh i'm passing... i started doing the same (intermediate pro) and it's not that hard as people try to make it to be but since i have no hurry anymore looking at the prices, i switched to the more relaxed intermediate 4 star
teasel

Postby Savin877 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:16 pm

I just wonder exactly how many people have actually beaten Intermediate Pro, because I know everyone complains of lag and cache-loading times but I havent experienced any problems yet.
Savin877

Postby shyster » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:37 pm

Until today neither had I really, at least at home. However today even at home it was stupidly slow. But yeah intermediate pro is pretty easy actually as long as lag does not slow you down. It is actually easier than Jr. Pro if nothing else.
shyster

Postby Savin877 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:00 pm

shyster wrote:Until today neither had I really, at least at home. However today even at home it was stupidly slow. But yeah intermediate pro is pretty easy actually as long as lag does not slow you down. It is actually easier than Jr. Pro if nothing else.

Indeed, most people stay on Jr. Pro, but you have to get all 6 without missing even once. If people know about permutations and how it works out you have a much better chance of winning Pro, especially if you can call out the names of the cards and memorize them in your head while saying them over and over.

A trick I learned is that since some of the card names are long, is to shorten them by just using a letter or #. So in this case I would call out

A-B-C-D-E-F <------For the first row, even if the one letter doesnt match up with the card name it helps me out and since there are 24 cards the alphabet works well
F-G-H-B-I-A <------Second row of cards, I see F is the very first one and knew F was the last card of the 1st row (6 cards per row) so I flip it, then I know B is the 2nd letter of the alphabet so I flip the 2nd card. Same thing with A. Combine this with 4 free flips since you have 17 turns and only 12 pairs and I think people will find it isnt so bad after all.
Savin877

Postby ShinyDanmaku » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:09 pm

Yeah, intermediate pro isn't that hard. It usually takes me about 15-30 minutes to clear it. Advanced is too hard. No way I'm gonna remember all those cards :lol: .
ShinyDanmaku

Postby Savin877 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:15 pm

AhMyGamer wrote:Yeah, intermediate pro isn't that hard. It usually takes me about 15-30 minutes to clear it. Advanced is too hard. No way I'm gonna remember all those cards :lol: .

I have cleared the 4th star stage of advanced with 1 second left, and I used the alphabet strategy but when I ran out of letters I used numbers. It was more trouble then its worth.
Savin877

Postby angelatheist » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:17 pm

I've tried the 4 star intermediate but even if i click my next cards as soon as I reasonably can (actually seeing at the card before I click the next one) I still have 2 moves left when the time runs out. I don't have a slow internet connection either, even the small delay that i do have is virtually impossible to overcome unless i get very lucky and win with only 3 mistakes. If it weren't for the lag I could definitely beat it (I can do 3 stars with 2 moves left).
angelatheist

Postby DWildstar » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:24 pm

I've recently switched to Intermediate Pro and have been able to beat it in not too long. No more than 10 minutes I say. Like some other people have mentioned, saying the names of the cards help. I try to come up with nicknames that I somehow remember. So if I see an Eagle Soldier next to an Undine I say something like "green blue" and it's worked so far. Though a lot of cards have similar colors so it's tricky sometimes :P 20 Gran a day is a lot more gratifying.
DWildstar

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion