Refess Angel

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Refess Angel

Postby Grain » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:00 pm

Will anyone be spending 400 gran on this card?

It seems like a waste to me.

Something about it screams, "LEVEL 3 BLESSED ACOLYTE WITH BAD AUTO SKILL"
Grain

Re: Refess Angel

Postby Logress » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:21 pm

Need to really try it first. I like the auto skill, it's the only non-action skill SP generation in the game. Also, don't knock that open skill. I need to try it,but I think if you use it when you suspect a Salamander it will stop it from closing any unit with only 5 or 10 HP. The new Zagar is pretty nice, a bear-killer with one more AGI and a better action skill.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Justice » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:51 am

I honestly think the best part about the EX pack is the Zagar. His SS isn't too bad either. Oh and you get the archer which is a great SS.

It's sad but I think the first EX pack I buy is going to be Gowen...only because it's clearly the best pack by far. They should make that one cost 500G! :mrgreen:
Stay frosty and shoot for the moon!
Justice

Postby Romdeau » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:57 am

The auto skill isn't as bad if you pair her with the Solar Prince (just have to find a couple of copies of him laying around :lol: )
Romdeau

Postby Justice » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:11 am

Yeah on the plus side Solar Prince it's completely useless! Now I just need to get some copies of him (5* rare right?)

Seriously, that Prince guy is the WORST SILVER BULLET ever. I played him in the tournament thinking I would counter the dark princess (clearly night + day = afternoon)...boy did I get a kick in the ****. It's like flipping a coin...you get rolled on heads or "live" to fight another day. :D
Stay frosty and shoot for the moon!
Justice

Postby Grain » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:22 am

Logress wrote:Need to really try it first. I like the auto skill, it's the only non-action skill SP generation in the game. Also, don't knock that open skill. I need to try it,but I think if you use it when you suspect a Salamander it will stop it from closing any unit with only 5 or 10 HP. The new Zagar is pretty nice, a bear-killer with one more AGI and a better action skill.

Unique auto skill does not equal good auto skill. The card costs 3 SP to play, and it would take 9 turns for it to repay its debt. It definitely isn't living 9 turns with 45 HP and no defense.

Lion Baron's AGI hasn't changed, it's still 2. In my opinion, his skill isn't worth much, considering he can be killed before he gets a single turn seeing as he has no defense. I like the original better. The soul skill is the best thing about EX Baron.

These cards are not worth 400 gran.
Grain

Postby slashzero » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:24 am

I actually do think the Refess Angel will be a very useful unit to have. Just not now. As for Lion Baron... definitely a highly specialized unit. Now Rapid Shot Archer, I don't think anyone is going to be running more than one copy of it in their soul lineup, but at least she's the one you can recycle, right?
slashzero

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:02 pm

I like EX Lion Baron for one not completely obvious reason... he does 30 attack! That might not seem like a big deal to non-refess players, but most refess players know that almost every unit they have access to does 25 attack or less... and almost every enemy unit has 30 hp or more.

Eskatia, Annarose, LeBeau, Mad Priest, Leonardo, Lilith, Girl Spectre, DeFau, Kurina, Brave Soldier, Combat Monk, Lightning Archer, Fellana, Mystere, Catherina, Sorcerer Guard, heck even in a mirror match Lapierre and Cassoway king, all these units have exactly 30 hp making that 25 attack almost every level 2 or 3 refess unit has just short of being enough even if they survive long enough to get an attack off. EX Lion Baron one shots all of those listed units and with 60 hp he's basically a Folrart Paladin who traded 5 hp for 5 attack. Against almost anything but a 60 damage dealing panther soul'd brave soldier thats a trade I'm willing to make. Yeah his effect is pretty situational, but most refess units' effects are (they basically only work if your against the handful of units in the game slower then they are).

So yeah, for me he's practically an upgraded Folrart Paladin and thus worth having and using.

As for the real topic of discussion, Weissvogel, I admit I'm not overly impressed but I wouldn't say she's useless either. I can definitely see her seeing use if an endless morning strategy ever becomes viable in the future (we need more cards that need it to be morning to do cool stuff and we need more ways to make it morning that don't require a 5 star rarity card) cause a free +1 sp every turn would add up quickly. I don't generally like to see open abilities on cards with levels over 2 but her open ability can almost give you a cure with legs in the right situation and her 4 AGI... well admit it doesn't help much when the majority of the rest of your units are so slow, but when combined with Lapierre or maybe even Ruby Carbuncle, who knows, you might be able to take out a unit before it attacks for once instead of it being the other way around.

Overall, I think right now she's not too useful, but long term as we get more morning based effects and more high AGI refess units she can prove to be far more useful. The main reason I think its easy to be so difficult on her and the EX Refess pack in general is just because they badly need really good new cards NOW since they are the generally considered weakest clan in the current meta, so every refess player was hoping for some great new cards that would make an impact now. Neither of these cards is really going to make that impact right now, but they do help set up a foundation for a brighter future.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Phades » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:47 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:I like EX Lion Baron for one not completely obvious reason... he does 30 attack! That might not seem like a big deal to non-refess players, but most refess players know that almost every unit they have access to does 25 attack or less... and almost every enemy unit has 30 hp or more.
Original lion baron = 20 atk. 20atk + 1 enemy + auto skill = 30 atk and you get +5 def for free (not that it matters ususally). The 60hp is equal to the original as well considering the average atk of an opponent being 30. (30-10)*2= 40... 30*2 = 60. The 60hp only matters if you are able to ramp up his DEF value quickly before being brought to low HP values and subsequently closed. Arguably, this is easier to accomplish given the SS options zomg EX:AD!!! :o , dryad, and shields up. Of course if you could play the new version just as that SS flipped and you had spear girl, (insert frontline unit here blitz soldier, ruby carbuncle, or folart paladin etc), and either a ranged attacker or support unit like solar prince, you would turn the refress line into your basic gowen or falkow lineup with some extra HP and DEF. I wish everyone luck in trying to pull that off regularly though.

DanTheTimid wrote:Overall, I think right now she's not too useful, but long term as we get more morning based effects and more high AGI refess units she can prove to be far more useful. The main reason I think its easy to be so . her and the EX Refess pack in general is just because they badly need really good new cards NOW since they are the generally considered weakest clan in the current meta, so every refess player was hoping for some great new cards that would make an impact now. Neither of these cards is really going to make that impact right now, but they do help set up a foundation for a brighter future.
This assumes the refress player has the patience to wait for the future to come.
Phades

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:39 pm

I said almost every unit, yes the original Lion Baron could usually get to 30 attack, but he was also level 4, this unit is level 3 allowing you to play it far earlier and far cheaper. And EX is considered a separate card so there's no reason you can't run both Lion Barons.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion