A slew of solutions for people having Mirage Master issues.

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

A slew of solutions for people having Mirage Master issues.

Postby Detrian » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:22 am

Hello folks, around these forums there appears to be a number of people that cant complete mirage master thanks to cards flipping too slow and running out of time. With these tips you should be able to get instant card flips:

HOW TO DO IT

- Close ALL other browser windows, stop using the browser altogether when you are preparing to play MM. This is NOT bandwidth related and in fact related to cache issues with most browsers. THIS IS SPECIALLY TRUE FOR FIREFOX.

- Closing other applications that might be using bandwidth is not essencial, yet useful for the next step.

- Regardless of what mode you are going to play, launch an advanced game and just flip all the cards. Doesn't matter in what order or making pairs, this is just to temporally store the cards in cache so they don't have to "load" on a flip. Repeat this step a couple times, give or take. You will easily notice cards wont be loading and will be flipping instantly without appearing "blank" first.

- When you finally notice most cards flipping all nice and smooth, launch the game difficulty you actually want to play and go at it. You might still encounter a couple cards that have yet to appear in previous games and need to load but they shouldn't affect you too much. If you still find the cards flipping slowly, disable BOTH music and sound effects. You might find a big improvement in particular to disabling sound effects.

With these tips you should be able to fix your issues or at least get a clue on how to fix any problem you might get in particular. Discuss, post your results and enjoy.
Detrian

Re: A slew of solutions for people having Mirage Master issues.

Postby slashzero » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:09 am

Or the game could just, y'know, pre-load the images. And use lower quality/higher compression images.

However, these are good suggestions. If I'm ever bored I'm sure one day I'll give intermediate a shot using these tips.
slashzero

Postby angelatheist » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:22 pm

Wow, thank you, by turning off sound, i can now finish intermediate games with time left of the clock instead of moves left to make.
angelatheist

Postby Detrian » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:56 pm

slashzero wrote:Or the game could just, y'know, pre-load the images. And use lower quality/higher compression images.

However, these are good suggestions. If I'm ever bored I'm sure one day I'll give intermediate a shot using these tips.

This is a problem with the client itself being developed with ultra fast japanese connections in mind. If it's even fixable, it might take a while.
Detrian

Return to Alteil General Discussion