Getting the word out.

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Getting the word out.

Postby arfort » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:21 am

I know you guys have some paid publicity but it's important that Alteil show up on reviews sites and such too. Right now if you type "Alteil Review" or something you get nothing at all. Maybe contact tcgplayer.com, mpogd.com, etc to get them to review Alteil. And if somebody knows anything about wikis, add Alteil to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... card_games.
I don't know every ccg fan site out there, so other than the two sites I listed above, where should Alteil be listed / be reviewed?
arfort

Re: Getting the word out.

Postby Osterzone » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:51 am

I wonder if the popular CCG magazines, like Wizard, will even take this game seriously, since they love to have their card price lists (about half the book worth) and that doesn't really apply to this game. Plus, some of those sites might be waiting to see what happens after an expansion or two, since that's really when the game either blooms or burns.
See the power of the science!
Osterzone

Postby ANIMEniac » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:33 pm

Hmmm, I played someone not too long ago who said they were trying out the game and was going to write a review. Probably should have asked from what source ^^;

I would agree that the game needs to get out to where the "stronger" player base might be. Anime fans are good as starters, but the real crowd of players (dedicated/competitive) would mostly come from CCG players. They may be a bit hard to hook due to their other hobbies/games, but if they stay, they become a solid player base.
ANIMEniac

Postby Osterzone » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:18 pm

Are there any online CCGs like this one? Have they been reviewed? How did they get the word out...then again, seeing as I have to ask these things, they probably didn't get the word out very well.

Fantasy Masters is probably the closest thing I could find to this game, though the production value is not even comparable to this game, and it's been out for years and I never heard of it until I just went looking.

The Magic online CCG has the juggernaut of cash that is Wizards of the Coast to advertise it, so I don't know if it would be a healthy comparison. Anyone else able to think of any?
See the power of the science!
Osterzone

Postby shyster » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:25 pm

Chaotic would probably be the closest thing you could compare it with. Both are relatively young.

Chaotic has been around for two or so years I think, but they have an show on saturday morning cartoons that is basically free advertisement. That I have to say is the way to go, Yu Gi Oh, and Chaotic are both that way. Plus many other animes create card games if they get popular enough, DBZ, Naruto, etc.
shyster

Postby Illyasviel » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Well, for what it's worth, a friend told me there's a free online card game called Eldoron. (spelling?) But I haven't managed to find it just yet, so I can't really say how close it is or anything.

And if you're willing to stretch the definition, Poxnora looks like a card game half the time. (Online miniatures game.)
Illyasviel

Postby Falanx » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:49 am

I personally found this game via the banner on Penny Arcade. Getting the game on a few more sites similar to PA would probably be the best way to get more players.
Falanx

Postby Rhyas » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:08 pm

I saw this game being advertised down in the dealer's room at Otakon 2 weeks back. I thought the art was really interesting but at the same time I'm not a really big card player fan so I just by passed the booth. I mostly play table top minuature games like Warmachine/Hordes and Warhammer 40k. As much as I love these kinds of games I find them hard to play with the amount of traveling I do. Being in the Army, it is hard to invest the money into these kinds of games and be limited on where you can play. (Not many comic book/gaming shops around the bases I have been stationed at) I must say though, Alteil has been a blast. It definatally has a lot more strategy involved than I would of expected and it's a load of fun. With as much moving around I do, and my desire to play these kinds of games, it is very convinent to just boot up my lap top and start a game whenever I want. I am really sorry I didn't try out the program or meet you all while at the con. I've introduced the game to a lot of my guy gamer friends at home to try out with high hopes!

Other places you may try to advertise would be comic book shops. Many comic book shops distribute trading card games and I think advertising a free online game along side with the ones you pay money for, maybe an idea. A very good friend of mine owns a comic book shop in our community so if you guys had any sort of advertising stuffs, I know he wouldn't mind displaying them.

Best of luck with what you decide on though :)
Rhyas
LVL 10 Iczer
1511/1511
Guild: Looking for a happy home ;-;
Rhyas

Return to Alteil General Discussion