I hate my deck

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

I hate my deck

Postby Taikobo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:40 pm

So, I recently started with my old Lawtia starter (played Refess, didn't like the style at all). Some acquisitions of boosters later, things were working out. I now have a competent deck, but the issue with this is: my deck is obnoxious; I usually end up winning, in fact since I got it I hardly ever lose. People however, hate it. It basically works on a horrible (yet I don't wanna talk about the mechanics, you too would hate me) exploitation of 2 cards I was lucky enough to pull.

What I should ask is thus: if my deck is annoying and I try to be polite but the mechanics make me a ****, should I feel guilty for playing said deck?

I mean, it is beatable... it's just kinda... tough for a starter deck to take down.
Taikobo

Re: I hate my deck

Postby Candi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:42 pm

Why should you feel bad for being successful?

Your tactics aren't underhanded because you are playing a computer game with fixed rules. If you were playing Magic and palming your combo cards then feel bad, but you're not. You are playing fairly - you put money up, got lucky and are reaping the benefits.

;a33
Candi

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:52 pm

The point of a game is to have fun, if your not cheating or breaking the rules and your having fun, then all is well. If the game is crafted in such a way that there exist combos that are extremely unfun for those that face them, that is not an issue of yours but of the games creators, and the best way to make the games creators realize the issue is simply to keep using the combo until they take notice and do something about it. As long as your not cheating, the burden is on the game designers to make a game thats fun for all to play, your only burden is to make sure your having fun yourself and being respectful to your opponents in the comments you make during and after a match.

If you truly feel the combo you've discovered is NPE (Negative Play Experience) I'd either post what it is so we can comment on it, or atleast private message it to the GMs so they know of your feelings on the combo.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby teasel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:55 pm

i find it funny that you don't want to talk about it when if you are playing lawtia then it's either lebeau SS or eskatia... anyway if you think it's broken why not switch decks when playing (like play 3 game with the unfun deck and 3 other with the fun one) you should consider yourself lucky i played around 200 games with the same gowen deck featuring the same dumb giant and i still haven't pulled enough cards to build something different :/
teasel

Postby Romdeau » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:42 pm

Combify!

And the deed is done. :mrgreen:
Romdeau

Postby Grain » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:45 pm

Taikobo wrote:So, I recently started with my old Lawtia starter (played Refess, didn't like the style at all). Some acquisitions of boosters later, things were working out. I now have a competent deck, but the issue with this is: my deck is obnoxious; I usually end up winning, in fact since I got it I hardly ever lose. People however, hate it. It basically works on a horrible (yet I don't wanna talk about the mechanics, you too would hate me) exploitation of 2 cards I was lucky enough to pull.

What I should ask is thus: if my deck is annoying and I try to be polite but the mechanics make me a ****, should I feel guilty for playing said deck?

I mean, it is beatable... it's just kinda... tough for a starter deck to take down.

You have two options:

A - Accept your unfair cards and live on

B - Stop using the unfair cards

The choice is yours and yours alone. If you don't tell anyone what the cards are, they won't be changed.
Grain

Postby Taikobo » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:56 am

Yeah, I don't know why i was being all secretive about it.

I basically use the obnoxious combo of Zugateroza and Lebeau to create an obnoxious reviving zombie, then if things get hairy I throw the machine guy XXX into the back and detonate everyone to have my Zuga revive. It's by no means invincible, it's just if it works I find people often can't really do much. I also have 2 Zugaterozas.

I decided that when I played MTG I was a dragon storm deck for a while and everyone thought that was cheap but you know... I got my rating up and that was neat. I was thinking about it and this deck is a good way to get past lvl 5 at least into the hard arena where I shall surely get my butt kicked anyway.

In short: sometimes If I just sit on my SP at the end of the game with like 2 LP I can turn the game entirely around by being obnoxious and painstakingly slowly killing off their guys. It makes me feel... dirty... but not dirty enough to stop. After all, I put money into this account. Yeah.
Taikobo

Postby Grain » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:40 am

Taikobo wrote:I basically use the obnoxious combo of Zugateroza and Lebeau to create an obnoxious reviving zombie

*Initiating Sarcasm*

I'M SHOCKED!!!!!!!!

*Ending Sarcasm*

Besides the XXX card, that strategy is has been around for a while. People have been complaining about it for a long while, also.
Grain

Postby Falanx » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:12 am

Faced that combo twice now myself, and beat it both times. There's a counter to everything in this game, so I wouldn't worry about how you play at all personally. No matter how obnoxious you think a combo is there's always a way around it if the other iczer came prepared.

The testament to the fact that its a good combo is the fact that I actually have to put a card into my file just in-case it happens :P
Falanx

Postby neonsun » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:57 pm

mmmm ohhh that combo !!!
clearly you havent dueled falkow players with sorcerer .... why ?? cuz they ll return the zombie lord to your deck faster then you can say zugateroza !!!!

enjoy the combo whil u still can, besides with the new ex cards, the lebau buff is nullified a bit :(
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Return to Alteil General Discussion