Confirmation on US getting EX Lottery?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Confirmation on US getting EX Lottery?

Postby Awod » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:16 pm

Actually I thought it was a good use of my time, I enjoyed reading it.

Also, I'll just add those EX cards do make a difference but as with most cards they needs to be well played and have the support of additional cards to fully realize their potential. Honestly I've only played Gowen players who've owned any, I lost both games but I think they were close and I learned from both.
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby Xovian » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:19 am

Phades wrote:Sounds more and more like someone who thinks they should win because they spent more money only. But since you have spent the money, why arent you packing answers to those problems? Your loss rate is your own fault and those that don't have answers because they haven't or are unable to accumulate gran fast enough is not their fault by playing the game. All it does is drive the growing pattern of people who only play mirage master, so they can earn more cards eventually.

And sounds like to me that you're talking out your rear end, cause you don't know how I play every game.
But since you want to act like you know me, and make a personal attack on me, alright, i'm game.
And considering I've seen your cookie cutter file more times then i can count by more players then i can count (and all played in the exact same order, with the exact same soul cards in the exact same positions.... BORING), i wouldn't call a loss from that something to be ashamed of, cause unlike you, I try to be different.

I don't plan to sit there and make every single file in existence that is nothing but a clone of the top players.
I make my own. I don't care what other people have in their files.
I like taking a plan, or a card and trying to build a theme around them.
In fact I am rather fond of trying some of the weirdest combinations you can find.
Some work, some don't.
The suicide deck worked great, I killed myself and the opponent never got to keep a single creature on the board.
While the file wasn't a winner, it was the one of the funnest and funniest files I came up with.
Sure it's fun to win, but it's just as fun to try many things others can't or won't.

I also tend to play multicolor files, sometimes they work sometimes they don't, but it's well known they aren't going to do well in the current meta game. Doesn't keep me from playing em.

Bottom line, I play for fun, and all the cries that are complaining about "oh noes, the ex cards are an advantage" which is dubious even in peoples files who do try to use them solely for winning is a complete and utter cop out. While the diversity is nice, and the art work and angel theme are great ( i havnt been able to get a file that can get all 4 out in one game yet, I have tried), they arn't gonna make or break the current meta game overall.

In fact the only angel I ever expect to see complaints about would be the one for Gowen. She is fun to use in a recycle file of Brave Solider though, very amusing at that. Never run out of them even as they constantly get killed. It didnt win any of the three games, but it was fun to see it work.

It seems as if you might be implying that the random number generator completely nullifies any sort of balance in the created cards, reducing it to all so much random chance? If you don't mean to say that a card cannot be overpowered by the 'luck' component of the game, this doesn't have much bearing on the subject.

Not saying it is like that every game, but yes, sometimes the random generator can be quite unforgiving, I'm far from the only one who has seen it. There are other players who have seen it, and commented on it too. When you loose the random with equal forces, both of which could easily kill each other, 6 times in a row, you can take a guess at how well that ends for any player. It's random, and it doesn't always happen, but when it does you can say that it can and does alter the game. No amount of strategy, no amount of planning can change that.

My comment about the units attack high DEF units even with other targets are with in range and repeatedly doing so, is another example. I know I'm not the only player here who has run up to a full line of targets, and one of them has the oh so favorite Lebeau placed on it, and they never move the other units, yet your attack repeatedly strike the SS'ed Lebeau'ed target over and over. When the opponent has other creatures on the field and if either of the other two die, you win, you can guess how noticeable that is. And yea, its happened a few times for me. Course the line from one Iczer, "come attack me again and i will taunt you a second time" was priceless. Would be pretty funny if the battles were animated I'm sure. :lol:
So yea, luck can be a factor, for good or ill.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby Phades » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:52 am

xovian1 wrote:And considering I've seen your cookie cutter file more times then i can count by more players then i can count (and all played in the exact same order, with the exact same soul cards in the exact same positions.... BORING), i wouldn't call a loss from that something to be ashamed of, cause unlike you, I try to be different.
Amazing, since i don't even recall playing against you. I suppose it was rather memorable for one of us then... Hmm, i do have to wonder if you are referencing the gowen heavy refress or something else i have loaded as a file. Because clearly those are just like everyone else, unless you mean using the good cards opposed to the crap cards in positions that tend to make sense, in which case that is just smart play. Or are you referencing that people have the same cards due to how the pre-constructed decks are and in that case you are just being silly... In reality, if i was trying to copy everyone else, i'd be placing larut into the SS chain instead of another card, but really you are just making things up at this point.

xovian1 wrote:I also tend to play multicolor files, sometimes they work sometimes they don't, but it's well known they aren't going to do well in the current meta game. Doesn't keep me from playing em.
If you do play multi-colored, then you should have answers to things like le beaux. Complaining about your units hitting it, instead of the back row isn't going to change. I have had terrible luck with that too, but that is the entire point of removing the obstacle in the first place and removing the problem of being worried about something being "random". In other words, it is smart play. The selection process seems to coincide with the AGL selections before actions are made anyhow, it just makes sense to work around it.

xovian1 wrote:In fact the only angel I ever expect to see complaints about would be the one for Gowen. She is fun to use in a recycle file of Brave Solider though, very amusing at that. Never run out of them even as they constantly get killed. It didnt win any of the three games, but it was fun to see it work.
Guess you played it wrong then, i have seen it work fine...
Phades

Postby Xovian » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:15 pm

Phades wrote: Amazing, since i don't even recall playing against you. I suppose it was rather memorable for one of us then... Hmm, i do have to wonder if you are referencing the gowen heavy refress or something else i have loaded as a file. Because clearly those are just like everyone else, unless you mean using the good cards opposed to the crap cards in positions that tend to make sense, in which case that is just smart play. Or are you referencing that people have the same cards due to how the pre-constructed decks are and in that case you are just being silly... In reality, if i was trying to copy everyone else, i'd be placing larut into the SS chain instead of another card, but really you are just making things up at this point.

Yea whatever, keep telling yourself that.
Phades wrote:If you do play multi-colored, then you should have answers to things like le beaux. Complaining about your units hitting it, instead of the back row isn't going to change. I have had terrible luck with that too, but that is the entire point of removing the obstacle in the first place and removing the problem of being worried about something being "random". In other words, it is smart play. The selection process seems to coincide with the AGL selections before actions are made anyhow, it just makes sense to work around it.

Guess some people cant see what the point of the example was, suit yourself. But since you obviously don't get it I'll spell it out for you. The example showed how off the random can make fights, some of them are just more noticeable because of cards like Lebeau. As to the back row, you obviously didn't pay attention when i said the other units weren't moved. In other words the only characters they had were all on the front row, and they didn't move them. Thus the "taunt you again comment", which played out for 4-5 turns.

Do ya get it now? Whether ya do or don't, its really not worth explaining again.
Phades wrote:Guess you played it wrong then, i have seen it work fine...

It worked fine for me to.
So worried about your personal attacks that you can't even get what the file was meant to do?
You're proof that stupidity does exist. Now we're even for the worthless personal attacks.
Satisfied?
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby AnnaTheRed » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:23 pm

Sorry to be the party pooper, but since this thread is straying off the topic, I'm going to be the mean witch and lock this topic.

If you want to talk about strategy, card files, soul cards, etc, please make a new topic.

Thank you

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby lupos » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:24 pm

See, Dan and I agree on things. For example, this thread should probably be locked.

Sorry if one of you is mid response but I'd preffer not to have a fight hanging at the top of the active topics list if we aren't even talking about the game really anymore.
lupos
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion