Guess what ? ...The RANT is BACK !!

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Guess what ? ...The RANT is BACK !!

Postby ANIMEniac » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:55 pm

Well, as most first sets go, there won't be many variations form deck to to deck. Of course, the exception is if you can dish out tons of cash to get the rare cards. Saw a unique deck using Saint Saber and Dragon Rider, however, that deck was almost all $$ cards, full of 4-5 stars and EX cards. There are still good deck types to be explored, yet hard to get the resources to do them.

It will be this way until expansion comes out, when we have more options. Of course, we may see more if more people could get more cards. I can say the number of players in Folrart are a bit higher than they used to, but its still fairly dismal for a card game. I worry about who will still be around once the expansion comes out and those who can afford them and trounce them with new strategies and cards.

@Justice
I have the same feeling when fighting some of these guys. You have to admire their playing and skills, but at same time, you feel a bit disgusted from them packing all those 3x of those 5 star rares -_-
However, I try to make the most of it, learning their strategies and figuring out ways to stop them. I almost never stop tweaking my deck. There is always somethign I might want to change to overcome a weakness a found during play. Also, those decks can become quite predictable, so you may have a better edge in countering and timing.
ANIMEniac

Postby Tenkai » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:09 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:Well perhaps not you guys but the Japanese programmers could, you know, make it worth while to actually play alteil and not just mirage master. I don't know how often I see old friends sign on to my friends list and I'm like "hey so and so is back" then I look and it tells me their playing mirage master. Well they got to get that out of the way but then they'll play right? Then I look again, and they've signed off.

I'm one of them: in 2-3 months I may play the maingame again, if I can get enough gran from mm or quit the game altogether :roll:
Tenkai

Postby Romdeau » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:33 pm

I've mentioned this off and on throughout the threads, but really-the starter for 3 of the clans aren't that bad and even then Refess can hold their own against the other starters. Of course when you throw in something like Eskatia into the mix then they just get rolled but that's besides the point.

I've encountered these angels numerous times and as annoying as they are, they aren't game breaking. I've said this before but I'll say it again-the high rarity cards do NOT make these players invulnerable. It's just something different that I don't have to counter as often, but it's possible with my slightly modified Falkow deck. The only thing I have trouble countering is when a certain Zombie Lord is buffed by a certain SS that makes him very difficult to remove from the board. However, this is also counterable (difficult, but possible) with Azure on the field with 3 other damage dealers smacking the Zombified one to death until the Iczer runs out of SP to revive him.

My point is, don't give up and get in there and play. If you're playing Refess right now, consider creating a new account and choose another sphere to your liking. This is what I did-Proxy hardly gets used these days except for Mirage Master. I may stop bothering all together because I've taken a liking towards Falkow. Keep playing that Mirage Master, but don't be afraid to stick your head into the mix and have some fun.

Please don't forget, I'll be the first one to admit that it's somewhat frustrating not to have access to those cards. I think it'd be fun to develop a deck that focused on Deep Squid instead of Vordore.
Romdeau

Postby lupos » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:50 pm

PAX next week, special events soon, expansion soon and folrart has been better this last week or so. I think we will be reaching the magic minimum users on line number in the not to distant future. Hold on just a bit longer :P

Also we are working on the "no reason to play" thing Dan mentioned. More details soon.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Romdeau » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:57 pm

lupos wrote:PAX next week, special events soon, expansion soon and folrart has been better this last week or so. I think we will be reaching the magic minimum users on line number in the not to distant future. Hold on just a bit longer :P

Also we are working on the "no reason to play" thing Dan mentioned. More details soon.

O rly? I'm curious what new changes are in store for us in these upcoming weeks.

I hate being teased :roll:
Romdeau

Postby Phades » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:58 pm

Proxy wrote:I've encountered these angels numerous times and as annoying as they are, they aren't game breaking. I've said this before but I'll say it again-the high rarity cards do NOT make these players invulnerable. It's just something different that I don't have to counter as often, but it's possible with my slightly modified Falkow deck. The only thing I have trouble countering is when a certain Zombie Lord is buffed by a certain SS that makes him very difficult to remove from the board. However, this is also counterable (difficult, but possible) with Azure on the field with 3 other damage dealers smacking the Zombified one to death until the Iczer runs out of SP to revive him.
Falkow have answers to just about everything in the game, even in the basic starter. However, the starters are limited for obvious reasons. It isn't even about some of the more rare cards like Peregrine Paladin Larut used as an upgrade to a DD soul skill most of the time, it is about the more "common" things like facing pather soul combos accompanied by blitz soldiers that the starter decks just can't cope with over time. Sure you can struggle against it and try to put up a good fight, but without depth within the cardfile and a good strategy for those types of contingentcies, then it will always be a loss unless the opponent makes a mistake.

This is the primary reason why i also gave up on refress, simply because it doesn't have answers to the most common problems within the game from what i have experienced. I don't have the cards i want yet for "better" files, but when i do login to play i try to play well. I get frustrated by things that i can't overcome, due to lack of depth at times or disconnections, but i haven't quit entirely yet. Every time i do find myself lacking, i tend to find myself leaning more to logging in less or only playing mirage master. Sure i can get wins, but more commonly i get wins from individuals newer to the game or more recently graduated from the crest arena and they are not satisfying wins at all (don't even have to think about moves either usually or positioning). However against the people i lose to, it is a "better" game, but unless they error, i will always lose and there is really no getting around that without a more advanced cardfile for different strategies.
Phades

Postby AnnaTheRed » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:53 pm

Okay, about Folart being empty...

I don't know how many times I have to tell you this.
We are working on it, and it requires a LOT of research.

And about the rest of things that are being discussed in here are very interesting, but it's not on topic anymore... so I'm locking this topic.
Please make a new topic. And make sure that the topic is more specific than just "Rant." At least describe what the rant is about.

Please help us keep the forum organized...

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion