This is Not a RANT!

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

This is Not a RANT!

Postby neonsun » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:07 pm

Okay so here is the thing , i need input from lawtia players:
Are u guys able to go on winning streaks WITHOUT eskatia or lady amarose, cuz here is the thing i m getting my arse kicked in folrart without those cards. With ranged dmg units hitting once every 3 turns, it is annoying (not counting the wight). i find myself going back at engineering my deck and adding from falkow or gowen.

I feel that even thou i have bought a lot of cards and have a near complete lawtia deck, lawtia are really lacking without their rare cards, and i believe this is proved by the results of lawtia decks with those 2 cards !

anyone else shares this opinion ?

Also to the gms who read this topic , why is the game running slower then usual it takes much more time to load the arena (or "my file ") then before. (is it something from my side??)

cheers
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Re: This is Not a RANT!

Postby Grain » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:10 pm

Lawtia is very capable of winning without 4 & 5 star cards.

Very capable.

You don't really need to have more than 1 Lycanthrope in your file; especially if you lack Eskatia.
Grain

Postby Romdeau » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:13 pm

Have you considered trying an SP sucking deck? I find that Mad Priest is much more annoying than that Wight Bloke-especially if you pair him with magic doll, he becomes considerably dangerous shooting his 30 ATK from the rear. I usually have a Lycanthrope or a shade on the other side dealing somewhat negligible damage, but it adds up. Just make sure your tanks are doing what they're supposed to be doing.
Romdeau

Postby neonsun » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:15 pm

share any ideas u have !!!
neonsun

Postby Grain » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:21 pm

Soul skills can win a duel for you.

Invisible Druid's soul skill can be very useful late in the game.

If you're using Leonardo as your Lycanthrope, only use Lilth for soul skills if you want a Lawtiax20 (and vice-versa).

If you have the money, the Gowen Angel's soul skill can be very useful for any kind of File. Lawtia's speed is a good combination.
Grain

Postby Candi » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:33 pm

Hrm... as a guy who lives in Crest still and rarely steps beyond those decks that are no more than a modded starter I do spend time browsing card lists and Lawtia is my second favourite sphere besides my beloved Falkow. So, my credentials being stated here's my thoughts:

30 Cards:

3 Crest Regenerator Knights
3 Moonlight Warrior
3 Elite Crest Knight
3 Mad Priest
3 Magic Doll

2 Girl Spectre
2 Castle Wight
2 Shades
2 Invisible Druid
2 Lycanthrope [Leonardo]

2 Flesh Recycle
2 Turn to Dust/Soul Bind
1 Counterattack

Alright - so this is what I think is a modded starter with nothing of higher rarity than 3 star (the Soul Bind if you opt for it). Start with the choice, Turn to Dust or Soul bind is play style. The bind will let you seal the deal on a win or negate a terrible foe for a turn to let you breath, while Turn to Dust is better played when you are doing decently well and can toss an SP to harass your opponent. Personally - Soul Bind if you can. Counterattack is the OMG I'm losing card - and Flesh recycle is a security piece.

So the grimoires covered, how does it work? Like it looks like it works.

Set yourself up with a front line early on that can take a beating - you know the usual Regenerator and Moonlight combo up front and if possible drop the Elite between them for some extra Oomph. Second row middle Magic Doll with a shade on one side - turn those piddly SP stealers into range slammers! Mad Priest sits in row 3 using standby and stealing SP (preventing saves for big money, reducing the SP available to resurrect zombies and so on). Why standby? He lives for 6 turns. You could line him up in row 2 and attack if you need the extra fire power. Druids can be used as cannons against everyone but Falkow, who will out race you and likely annihilate them before they get to go BOOM!

In fact, I just realized, Girl Spectre, Mad Priest and Magic Doll can all chill in row 3 and shoot the enemy front line from a safer position.

Ok now I'm rambling, It's a something to start with right? I dunno, I'm not regularly in Folrart yet so I don't know about the Advanced Meta other than fearful whisperings about Brave Panthers and Unending Night but I still believe it's not the contents (explicitly) but how you use them. To some degree those gimmick decks will slam everyone to death unless you pack specific solutions to those problems.
Candi

Postby neonsun » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:54 pm

Is the paladine larut the best SS in the game ??

well i think so , especially if your opponent has 2 of them. (there is another double dmg card but has random targeting in gowen, it comes in 2nd place)
I ve noticed that many of my losses are caused by those 2 cards as 1 and 2 SS

What is your experience ???
neonsun

Postby Candi » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:15 pm

neonsun wrote:Is the paladine larut the best SS in the game ??

well i think so , especially if your opponent has 2 of them. (there is another double dmg card but has random targeting in gowen, it comes in 2nd place)
I ve noticed that many of my losses are caused by those 2 cards as 1 and 2 SS

What is your experience ???

The gowen is Strike samurai, and it's 40 damage to 2 random units. So for randomization the price you pay is an extra 10 damage per attack.
Candi

Postby Romdeau » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:22 pm

Those cards are much more useful than the 30 row damage cards as I've encountered time and time again when my opponent has spaced out his units so that those row damagers aren't as useful; being able to pick and choose is a luxury I can only dream of at this point (I'll stick to my one hit kill things for that.)
Romdeau

Postby Candi » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:33 pm

Proxy wrote:Those cards are much more useful than the 30 row damage cards as I've encountered time and time again when my opponent has spaced out his units so that those row damagers aren't as useful; being able to pick and choose is a luxury I can only dream of at this point (I'll stick to my one hit kill things for that.)

Try packing an Ancient Spear Knight - everyone spreads against row attacks and if you bring a column it pays off. It's worked on me time and time again and I still don't learn (mostly because I am still in Crest and hardly lose - Yay for lucky Treasure battle giving me the single perfect card to mod my starter deck :P)
Candi

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion