This is Not a RANT!

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: This is Not a RANT!

Postby ShinyDanmaku » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:22 am

Candi wrote:Hrm... as a guy who lives in Crest still and rarely steps beyond those decks that are no more than a modded starter I do spend time browsing card lists and Lawtia is my second favourite sphere besides my beloved Falkow. So, my credentials being stated here's my thoughts:

30 Cards:

3 Crest Regenerator Knights
3 Moonlight Warrior
3 Elite Crest Knight
3 Mad Priest
3 Magic Doll

2 Girl Spectre
2 Castle Wight
2 Shades
2 Invisible Druid
2 Lycanthrope [Leonardo]

2 Flesh Recycle
2 Turn to Dust/Soul Bind
1 Counterattack

Alright - so this is what I think is a modded starter with nothing of higher rarity than 3 star (the Soul Bind if you opt for it). Start with the choice, Turn to Dust or Soul bind is play style. The bind will let you seal the deal on a win or negate a terrible foe for a turn to let you breath, while Turn to Dust is better played when you are doing decently well and can toss an SP to harass your opponent. Personally - Soul Bind if you can. Counterattack is the OMG I'm losing card - and Flesh recycle is a security piece.

So the grimoires covered, how does it work? Like it looks like it works.

Set yourself up with a front line early on that can take a beating - you know the usual Regenerator and Moonlight combo up front and if possible drop the Elite between them for some extra Oomph. Second row middle Magic Doll with a shade on one side - turn those piddly SP stealers into range slammers! Mad Priest sits in row 3 using standby and stealing SP (preventing saves for big money, reducing the SP available to resurrect zombies and so on). Why standby? He lives for 6 turns. You could line him up in row 2 and attack if you need the extra fire power. Druids can be used as cannons against everyone but Falkow, who will out race you and likely annihilate them before they get to go BOOM!

In fact, I just realized, Girl Spectre, Mad Priest and Magic Doll can all chill in row 3 and shoot the enemy front line from a safer position.

Ok now I'm rambling, It's a something to start with right? I dunno, I'm not regularly in Folrart yet so I don't know about the Advanced Meta other than fearful whisperings about Brave Panthers and Unending Night but I still believe it's not the contents (explicitly) but how you use them. To some degree those gimmick decks will slam everyone to death unless you pack specific solutions to those problems.

This won't work for the simple fact that a card file can only contain 25 cards. Also you forgot the soul skills.
ShinyDanmaku

Re: This is Not a RANT!

Postby Candi » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:29 am

AhMyGamer wrote:This won't work for the simple fact that a card file can only contain 25 cards. Also you forgot the soul skills.

Lol, you be right - 30 cards includes those SCs.

Ok:

3 Crest Regenerator Knights
3 Moonlight Warrior
3 Elite Crest Knight
3 Mad Priest

2 Magic Doll
2 Shades
2 Invisible Druid
2 Lycanthrope [Leonardo]

2 Flesh Recycle
2 Turn to Dust/Soul Bind
1 Counterattack

Took out 1 Magic Doll, both wights and the spectre's - So now we have a deck that runs largely without night. And - I left out SCs because unless they are part of the decks fundamental tactic they are largely a personal affair. I recommend row clearing, a target damage and possible a late LeBeau just in case. But for SCs I usually try something, find the deck is ok but SCs just are not working and I change them a lot.
Candi

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion