not an ounce of strategy

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

not an ounce of strategy

Postby neonsun » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:54 pm

So i m kinda pissed off but here i what happened just face a gowen with 1 asuet and 3 something steel (the white gowen guy) as SS

Is this game becoming about just who has the correct 4 star or 5 star card ?? i hope not but sure seem to be just that :(

I have bought cards , yes but i havent been lucky , after spending 30$ on the game i got 1 4 star card ..... i know its about luck and not how big your wallet is but it still pisses me off when i see people just winning because of amazing SS

Neonsun out lol

So this is my last "boring" encounter .... what is yours ?
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

Re: not an ounce of strategy

Postby EvilGenius » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:33 pm

neonsun wrote:So i m kinda pissed off but here i what happened just face a gowen with 1 asuet and 3 something steel (the white gowen guy) as SS

Is this game becoming about just who has the correct 4 star or 5 star card ?? i hope not but sure seem to be just that :(

I have bought cards , yes but i havent been lucky , after spending 30$ on the game i got 1 4 star card ..... i know its about luck and not how big your wallet is but it still pisses me off when i see people just winning because of amazing SS

Neonsun out lol

So this is my last "boring" encounter .... what is yours ?

Welcome to the Rich Kid problem. Those who have the money can have very powerful Files. With that said, there is still something to be said about the skill of a player. If you feel his SS are beating you, why not try to establish field control rather than go for his LP?

P.S. Seriously, must you make a topic every time you feel whiny? Why not just keep all your RANTs together?
EvilGenius

Postby Romdeau » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:37 pm

Amen Evil. I'd agree to merging Neonsuns threads under the title of "Rant". I'm sure it'd clean up the general discussion area a bit.
Romdeau

Postby slashzero » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:58 pm

Yeah, I was just thinking that earlier today when i saw neonsun's rant thread about the price of the tournament. Seriously, try calming down and writing a thought-out argument for once.

More on topic, all of the good Gowen players are also good strategists. Since they're good strategists that is exactly why they picked Gowen, which is the strongest and probably the most versatile sphere right now. But that doesn't make them infallible, for instance just today I defeated one of the top ranked Gowen players at the moment by both measures, Souldier, and yes he did pull 4 heavy damage souls on me. So what? If you're any good at all you can definately see the first one or two coming, and in fact I plan my opening (against Gowen) around getting my units laid out by heavy damage soul cards. I've also spent a grand total of zero dollars and zero cents on this game. All of this directly contradicts your rant's point.

Besides, you're basically complaining about people who pay money to play a game they like which gives them a slight advantage over other players. Welcome to Free to Play online games.
slashzero

Postby Ekin » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:55 pm

And at the very least, that player had to decide to put those cards into his SS slots. That has to count for something, too.
Ekin

Return to Alteil General Discussion