Where's Lawtia?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Where's Lawtia?

Postby Ekin » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:51 pm

There was a period where 4/5 of my matches in Folrart were Lawtia. I haven't had much time to play in the last week, but I find it hard to believe things have changed that much. Maybe it really is the tournament.
Ekin

Postby Porky » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:12 am

Most players in Folrat are predominantly Gowen (from experience) and since Gowen decimates Lawtia unless you have annarose/eskatia i suppose, so it may be logical that people are shelving their Lawtia decks. But doesn't lawtia have an advantage over Falkow? So the rock paper scissors theory should apply, and balance the decks out.
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby ManiacalSoul » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:22 am

Gowen > Lawtia > Falkow > Gowen. Falkow is played 2nd most as a counter to the deck that gets played most... rock paper scissors apparently not working because there arent enough falkow players around for there to justify enough lawtia coutner decks to go around. Not sure why falkow isn't played more when it counters gowen and is the easiest sphere to play for free... Meh... not sure if any of that made sense...
ManiacalSoul

Postby Porky » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:28 am

yeah and mirror matches aren't fun, actually it'd be a great time to play return deck. But my return deck loses quite often to other falkows=(
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby GunCastor » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:43 am

Some of the top players that play throughout the day have really tough Lawtia decks but outside of that, I mostly run in to a lot of Gowen decks as well. Whenever I run in to a Refess or Lawtia, I'm surprised.
GunCastor

Postby EvilGenius » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:08 am

I'm going to remember this thread a few months from now, and compare the trends when new expansions are released. I can't wait. :lol: ;a41
EvilGenius

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:05 pm

Lawtia's decrease in use, in my opinion, can be linked directly to Killing Machine / Lebeau. The hype over Killing Machine caused alot of new Lawtia players not that long ago, but as they reached the 10+ arena they quickly found most players in the 10+ arena had long since acquired the counter cards to the much despised soul card. With their old cheese strategy no longer bringing easy wins many gave up, either becoming mirage master exclusive players, restarting with gowen/falkow starters, or just out right quitting the game.

That said, Lawtia is still prevalent, I see them all the time, and they are most definitely one of the best clans in the game right now. Even with out Eskatia a well made Lawtia has the tools to go toe to toe with any deck, and of course with Eskatia they are just monstrous. I'd say overal Gowen probably still is the most popular, but I'm still seeing just as much Lawtia as Falkow. Perhaps its just the times I play compared to the times the people who aren't seeing lawtia play.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Ekin » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:18 pm

Maybe Lawtia players only come out at night?

....thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.
Ekin

Postby Romdeau » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:42 pm

Ekin wrote:Maybe Lawtia players only come out at night?

....thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

:lol:
Romdeau

Postby neonsun » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:34 am

Lawtia >Falkow ?? Since when ???
i think i m part of the last semi active lawtia players out there and we don't stand a chance against a falkow with return or sorcerer !
By the time u get well in the game a good falkow has a good defense with sea hunter + another card and scythe boy behind snipping at your units. if by chance your moonlight warrior or crest regen are still in the game , then comes the 3xreturn which is always a beautiful blessing !! :(

Lawtia is underplayed ?-->very true !!
Well especially since the summer tournament i haven't faced 1 lawtia except dearestknight and that's like 3 week ago
I also blame the tournament lol.

Lets face it ,most games have lacked NEW strategy , its always the same format : def line , 1 or 2 ranged unit....
Lawtia's ranged unit hit 1/3 turns--> hence the frustration of lawtia players !!!

Its about time we get expansions ,lol to widen strategies scope.

Neonsun out
HAving molerat meat for breakfast lunch and dinner ....Cheers !!!!
neonsun

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion