is that treasure hunt thing active?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

is that treasure hunt thing active?

Postby teasel » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:58 am

just wondering...
teasel

Re: is that treasure hunt thing active?

Postby Logress » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:43 am

It's active. Played around with it a bit. I think people will notice the increase in quality of cards you get from treasure battles more than the increase in number of treasure battles themselves.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Phades » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:19 pm

Logress wrote:Summer Champion Tourney
A Mission Event is pretty simple, for a limited time anyone who plays in either the Folrart or Crest arenas will have an increased chance of a Treasure Battle, and when you do get one, it'll have a better chance of being a higher rarity card. As a bonus this should keep the arenas nice and full, so you'll have no trouble finding plenty of opponents.

So, the rarity part is working, but the frequency isn't enabled? Well, that is interesting.
Phades

Postby lupos » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:21 pm

No, they are both working, but the average user who only plays a few games a day most likely wont notice the jump in frequency cause it's not so high that it's like every 3rd game. However it is a lot easier to notice that the cards are much better when you do get one. I'm pretty sure that's what Logress was alluding to.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Phades » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:23 pm

Hmm, attack of the random number generator. Well, that does make sense though.
Phades

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:40 pm

the RNG isn't attacking, it just isn't helping as much as the event description would let on. Like perhaps instead of having a 5% chance of getting a treasure battle when you have a 0-2 game winning streak you now instead have a 10% chance. Thus instead of once every 20 battles getting a treasure battle its once every 10 battles, which is a big increase, but if you only play 5 games each day you'd only average one treasue battle every 2 days of play which still wouldn't seem like all that much.

(note I'm making up there percentages just as an example)

So far I've only had a single treasure battle all day and it came against Souldier (if you don't know who that is check the top 3 in the weekly rankings, he's pretty much always there) so needless to say I didn't get the treasure, just got to be taunted by it. On the bright side it was only a magic doll.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby teasel » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:10 pm

i had 2 treasure battle in a row yesterday with no winning streak that my first thought was "is the event active? if so wow O_o" guess i just got incredibly lucky then (for the record i won both of them... 1 salamander and 1 spearwoman) today i only got a single treasure battle which netted me a cassowary king
teasel

Postby Cheezy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:54 pm

I think I had 4 treasure battles in a row once.
When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
Cheezy

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:41 am

Ok now that I've played for an entire day I have to say... this event is REALLLLLY disapointing. I must have played 20 some games today and got all of 1 treasure battle. As I stated earlier that 1 battle wasn't even for a good card either, a magic doll. I've talked with each of my opponents (who wanted to chat) lately and each of them has mirrored my experience and feelings, they've seen neither a noticeable increase to the frequency of treasure battles, nor any better treasures given out. I wasn't expectcing treasure battles every single fight, but this increase seems so small its almost unnoticeable, and maybe its just cause we're having so few treasure battles, but the rewards I have heard people have gotten haven't been anything note worthy to speak of either : - / You really sure the event is working? And if so... do you think you could push the frequency meter up a few ticks?
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby teasel » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:10 pm

you know i find it funny this even was supposed to make people play more because with the promise of getting more card i do have played more,but after encountering the usual crap ton of blitz soldiers and lebeau SS and getting no treasure battle at all (well i had a treasure battle with return,but it was against a blitz soldier guy) i now feel like playing even less... in the meanwhile i got a turn to dust from the lottery after the usual boring 5 minute of MM... GUESS I'LL PLAY THAT INSTEAD OF BLITZ SOLDIER!
teasel

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion