i am upset with myself...do i have a gambling problem

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

i am upset with myself...do i have a gambling problem

Postby erestor » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:56 pm

i spent all the gran i have been saving to get the ex cards on the card lottery. it wasnt all that much, about 300, but the fact is i spent it all. i started out being bored so i bought a booster pack and got a five star and a couple three star cards. i was like ''hey i just made money!!'' i then prceeded to buy a lot of lottery cards, and got nothing but one and two star cards.i already had three of all the cards in my influence, i dont mix colours, so i recycled everything. long story short i got nothing i needed and now i am broke; but fear not i get paid on monday and will accually buy some gran and do it all again.

lets have a decussion on our alteil gambling habits; or am i the only weak one?
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Re: i am upset with myself...do i have a gambling problem

Postby teasel » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:01 pm

i keep everything sir (YES! even the crappy turn to dust i got today!) you might never know when i will be able to build a refess/lawtia/falkow deck
teasel

Postby GunCastor » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:17 pm

I wanted to get a deck of each color without spending too much money but once those ex cards came out, I started recycling a bunch of random cards. They're cards I would need to make those decks but since they're just sitting there doing nothing, I recycled them. Well, it's not like I'll get the Great Spirit cards for those spheres any time soon, they seem almost impossible to get via booster pack or lottery.
GunCastor

Postby teasel » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:55 pm

well i got 2 will'o wisp 1 undine and 1 salamander
teasel

Postby Candi » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:37 pm

I was saving my MM gran to get one EX pack to save myself 4$ and then yesterday I was all "I wanna pink thing :3" and gambled my life away. I got a few 3*'s and mostly 1 and 2 *'s, after recycling I ended up gambling 12 or 13 times of a principle of 9. Long story short, I am avoiding that "Card Lottery" button from now on... Packs and Boxes ONLY, and I have forcefully limited my money input into Alteil to whatever money I make begin a lab rat for psych studies on campus. This encourages me to leave the house to make money to fund my addiction.
Candi

Postby GunCastor » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:44 pm

teasel wrote:well i got 2 will'o wisp 1 undine and 1 salamander

I would comment but I am holding back the Giant Green One-Eyed Monster/Jealousy character card.
GunCastor

Postby teasel » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:12 pm

i also have 3 girl spectre 4 cyclone (recycled one of them) and 1 copy of turn to dust and defensive manuveur (ok defensive manuveur was my fault because when granted a level up gift it was the only card i didn't have a copy and wanted to expand my collection)
teasel

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:09 pm

GunCastor wrote:

I would comment but I am holding back the Giant Green One-Eyed Monster/Jealousy character card.

I know undine and salamander are included in there too... but did you just seriously get jealous of some one for having Will-o-Wisp!!?? :o

I certainly would like more salamanders and wouldn't mind more undine (though I prefer sylph) but the less Will-o-Wisp I own the better, atleast unless a GM can confirm that the Japanese are looking into improving so that it can once again be great. Honestly after what they did to it, it doesn't deserve to be in the same group as the other 5 great spirits.

Back on topic, I too was VERY tempted to spend my 400 gran I had saved for EX packs on lottery cards instead, but in the end I went EX pack. I'm not convinced I made the right choice, the EX cards are just sitting there unused in my collection as I need 2 more of said pack to justify using any of them and right now I don't see that happening, still I've always had horrible luck with the lottery (I played the lottery at least twice a week, some times 3 times a week, from launch until the ex thing was announced and to date have never pulled anything higher then a 2 star) so who knows. On the other hand I also could have saved that money for set 2, but while I'm not willing to support the ex packs with real money do to my dislike of their high price and especially their being limited time only, I have far less issue spending real money to get set 2 cards.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Thespi » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:03 pm

I have done both the playing of MM for Gran and bought Gran because I really do want to have at least one of every card (that's the ideal, not quite reality) in every Sphere. I also want to play 3 out of 4 Sphere/clans/colors (and have built a few decks). So I tend to recycle the cards of one Sphere ;a39 and if/when I get over 4 of the same card in the other Spheres, which does happen.

The irony is, of the more rare cards, I seem to get the color I DON'T want! Like the Centaur, Dical! and then I don't have any of the 5 star in my major Sphere ;a40

Currently, I'm trying not to spend too much Gran in anticapation of the expansion deck/series coming out in a couple of months.... But I have a feeling I may feed the Cashier monster to get Gran in hopes of getting a few more rare ;a18 ......

*sigh* Guess that makes me an Ateil Addict.... (AA takes on another NEW meaning!) *LOL* :lol: :lol: 8-)
"A Lady should be more elegant," - Lumiere (Kiddy Grade)
Thespi

Postby GunCastor » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:08 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:
GunCastor wrote:

I know undine and salamander are included in there too... but did you just seriously get jealous of some one for having Will-o-Wisp!!?? :o

I have enough will o wisp, they were in the starter I got. Anyways, it was just a joke. I do wish I got undine and salamander in my packs/lottery though.

I'm also tempted to spend any amount of gran I built up but I want to buy one more ex pack before it ends if I can help it. But now that lottery thing is in place, I could risk it for that 150 gran prize card. Sorry but that DVD just doesn't interest me.
GunCastor

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion