i am upset with myself...do i have a gambling problem

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: i am upset with myself...do i have a gambling problem

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:52 pm

teasel wrote:if it was +1SP you would be generating an SP out of nothing... it would be like when lawtia plays shade and then follows up with two level 3... refess would be able to follow with three level 3 if the card was like that so i'm not so sure that would gimp the card enough


See the problem with this logic is that any player can achieve the same thing your suggesting simply by not playing anything for their turn, its not generating you sp (atleast not in the short term), its only paying you back what you paid. That is the difference between +2sp and +1sp, +2sp is speeding up what you can do, +1sp is just passing for your turn (expect you put out a liability onto the field).

You might have a slightly better argument IF will-o-wisp was useful as a unit after he was played, but he's the only great spirit who isn't. Salamander hits from a distance and hits really hard, dryad hits from a distance and can't be hurt by non-salamander great spirits, Sylph hits from a distance and hits fast, shade hits from a distance and hits fast, undine hits from a distance and can take a hit from another great spirit. As for will-o-wisp? It has to get up in the front row to attack and can't hit any great spirits hiding in the middle or back rows, it can take a hit from non salamander great spirits but being in the front row other front liners are likely to cleave its head first, its slow so its not likely even able to try to attack, and if some how it does get to attack, its got a weak attack.

Whether or not you agree with some of the proposed ways to improve will-o-wisp or even that his open ability isn't as good as the other great spirits open abilities, its hard to disagree with the reality that the other great spirits significantly outclass him as a unit after they hit the field. As such, if his stats are to remain that weak, his open ability shouldn't even be equal to theirs, but should actually be superior to them.

In any case we've gotten way off topic here. DWildstar should break off this will-o-wisp debate into its own topic when he gets the chance.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
User avatar
DanTheTimid
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Glendale, AZ

Re: i am upset with myself...do i have a gambling problem

Postby Grain » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:47 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:Whether or not you agree with some of the proposed ways to improve will-o-wisp or even that his open ability isn't as good as the other great spirits open abilities, its hard to disagree with the reality that the other great spirits significantly outclass him as a unit after they hit the field. As such, if his stats are to remain that weak, his open ability shouldn't even be equal to theirs, but should actually be superior to them.



How about a range of 2 and 20 ATK?
User avatar
Grain
 
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: i am upset with myself...do i have a gambling problem

Postby teasel » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:11 pm

a player who skips first turn start turn 2 with 7 SP... put 3 in refess and play a level 3 unit you are down 1 SP,the next turn you are at 3 SP,enough to play another level 3 but the turn after you won't be able to play another level 3 because you are short 1 SP the extra SP you would get if you played this supposed version of the buffed wisp after he dies! also while it's true he's bad in combat i don't see where is the problem considering every great spirit sucks in combat with the exception of the salamander... great spirit are body bags which weight on your LP count,that's why they are always used as a sacrifice for something (SS activation,assasin SS)
some extra range would be cool but it would be ironic if the color who suffer for AT lacking got the 2nd highest AT great spirit
User avatar
teasel
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:23 am

Re: i am upset with myself...do i have a gambling problem

Postby Grain » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:50 pm

teasel wrote:a player who skips first turn start turn 2 with 7 SP... put 3 in refess and play a level 3 unit you are down 1 SP,the next turn you are at 3 SP,enough to play another level 3 but the turn after you won't be able to play another level 3 because you are short 1 SP the extra SP you would get if you played this supposed version of the buffed wisp after he dies! also while it's true he's bad in combat i don't see where is the problem considering every great spirit sucks in combat with the exception of the salamander... great spirit are body bags which weight on your LP count,that's why they are always used as a sacrifice for something (SS activation,assasin SS)
some extra range would be cool but it would be ironic if the color who suffer for AT lacking got the 2nd highest AT great spirit


I'd appreciate it if you quoted the person you're responding to & used more periods.

I had to read this several times.
User avatar
Grain
 
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: i am upset with myself...do i have a gambling problem

Postby EvilGenius » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:00 pm

Phades wrote:
EvilGenius wrote:Will o the Wisp is a good counter to Salamander. :roll:

And so far I've won a couple 3 stars, 2 stars, and a bunch of 1 star. Only Great Spirit I won was Undine. :roll:
If you are in range of dying from salamander, cure is more effective since you would die from any normal attack that round anyhow.


It was more a joke at Will's inadequacy. :roll:
Image
User avatar
EvilGenius
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:32 pm

Re: i am upset with myself...do i have a gambling problem

Postby Wisp » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:04 pm

I've been wondering... has anyone won the IRL prize from the lottery? I haven't seen any posts about it.
Wisp
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: i am upset with myself...do i have a gambling problem

Postby Grain » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:17 pm

Wisp wrote:I've been wondering... has anyone won the IRL prize from the lottery? I haven't seen any posts about it.


What?
User avatar
Grain
 
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: i am upset with myself...do i have a gambling problem

Postby lupos » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:52 pm

He means the prize card that nets you a copy of "The Machine Girl" on DVD. And the answer is a few yes.
User avatar
lupos
Site Admin
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: NYC

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron